Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [Mod] War of Conquest

SoulGamesInc's Avatar Valar Dohaeris
    Content Staff Citizen

Default [Mod] War of Conquest

Welcome to the War of Conquest, set during Aegon I Targaryens Conquest
    The mod is currently on hold short of artwork/portraits/banners and other small tweaks. We'll continue at full speed again very soon.

Aegon I Targaryen summoned his friends, bannermen, and principal allies to attend him on Dragonstone. Their numbers were small. The Velaryons on Driftmark were sworn to House Targaryen, as were the Celtigars of Claw Isle. From Massey's Hook came Lord Bar Emmon of Sharp Point and Lord Massey of Stonedance, both sworn to Storm's End, but with closer ties to Dragonstone. Accounts differ on how many swords set sail from Dragonstone with Aegon and his sisters. Some say three thousand; others nunber them only in the hundreds. This modest Targaryen host put ashore at the mouth of the Blackwater Rush, on the norhtern bank where three wooded hills rose above a small fishing village. Aegon quickly threw up a log-and-earth palisade around the highest of the three hills and dispatched his sisters to secure the submission of the nearest castles. Rosby and Stokeworth submitted without a fight but the Darklyns and Mootons had joined their power and matched south to drive the invaders back. It was a slaughter and both houses bent the knee after the Black Dread descended on them from above. It is here that our story begins...

Old Version (Outdated) - Visit our Moddb

Installation Guide

1) Download from the Download Link and extract the latest version of War of Conquest
    2) Place the extracted War of Conquest file into C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II\mods
    3) Launch the Windows Batch File named WarofConquest0.5 located inside your \mods
    4) Enjoy the game. If you experience any crashes please remember it's currently a Beta

Disclaimer: Prior to v0.6 is outdated and not representative of A World of Ice and Fire.
    Old version download links will be deleted upon release of v1.0 to avoid any confusion.
    Last edited by SoulGamesInc; September 19, 2017 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Updated

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: [Submod] War of Conquest. An extension to the King of Rivers&Hills.

How are you going to handle the Dragons?
    It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it.
    Proud supporter and fan of Fourth Age: Total War

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

Same question here

Content Staff Citizen

I've had lengthy talks about how to handle the dragons before, and placing them in the game as actual units, while easily said is not so easily done. The dragons are best represented by powerful ancillaries, as you can see on Aegon and his Sisters. I'm 50-50 about what stats they will give. I'm open to suggestions, currently they are giving +10 Hitpoints, +10 Command, +30 Troop Morale.

You could, after a lot of work, use an elephant skin and turn it into a dragon. (Somehow) But it would look horrible, move stupidly and be FAR to overpowered.
    Last edited by SoulGamesInc; May 02, 2013 at 02:05 PM.

Good luck. Seems like a nice idea for a mod.
    Last edited by Anakonda; May 02, 2013 at 02:21 PM.
    Gloria Patri Et Filio Spiritus Sancti. Sincut Erat In Principio et Nunc Et semper Et Saecula Saecolerum.

AmÚn

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Well you beat me to it :-D

Guti00's Avatar Libertus

First, I do not know if you can do
    1 - Create a family tree with the three dragons.
    2 - The 3 dragons have the trait "dragon".
    3 - Your children will inherit this trait.
    4 - The Dragons only have sons.
    5 - Trait "Dragon" is:
    1 - Children boys
    2 - Bodyguard is a dragon
    I REPEAT, I DO NOT KNOW IF YOU CAN DO THIS, JUST ASK.

Submod for Third Age Total War with dragon like units. The drakes do not fly but they wreak an appropriate amount of havoc on your troops. Contact the developer for permission of course if you want to use his stuff.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?355651-Perillicious-Compilation-Pack-(PCP)-Patch-2-Released-TATW-Re-Imagined-31-Factions-32-Rebel-Factions-MAXED-Buildings-Units-Regions-Interact-with-ALL-the-indigenous-peoples-of-Middle-Earth-and-then-terminate-them-with-extreme-prejudice

Yea you can use this mod for the dragons there are even flying

Kiliš Alý's Avatar Domesticus
    Artifex

You could, after a lot of work, use an elephant skin and turn it into a dragon. (Somehow) But it would look horrible, move stupidly and be FAR to overpowered.
    What above post said.

Plus, it can't be to overpowered. It's a freaking Dragon! No, it's three freaking Dragon!

Member of the Imperial House of Hader, proud client of The only and sole Ferrit

Content Staff Citizen

Dragons will NOT be represented as actual units. Unless somebody comes to me with a Dragon unit that is easy to implement, looks good, moves realistically, is canon to the lore of Westeros and is not overpowered. It's not going to happen. I've talked about this in the Rivers&Hills thread before i started working on the idea. Dux said something along the lines of "It would require a lot of work to make it work properly. It would also be boring, no matter how much you trow at the dragons, they always win. Adding the dragons would make the campaign ridiculously easy for Targaryen players. Just stating these ideas does not make it easy" I agree with this and believe representing the dragons as powerful ancillaries is the only logical way to go.

I'll say it again, Dragons will NOT be represented as actual units.

P.S. If anyone thinks they can make a dragon that is easy to implement, looks good, moves realistically, is canon to the lore of Westeros and is not overpowered... your welcome to join the team!
    Last edited by SoulGamesInc; May 02, 2013 at 03:41 PM.

Bcman's Avatar Senator

I think maybe a dragon that isn't to overpowered will be good.
    Bye day the banished sun circles the earth like a grieving mother with a lamp- The Road

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

I actually had this idea while stuck in a rut with Fire and Blood CTDs (Solved, by the way)

I considered the Dragons as units, but that seemed sucky. Ancillary or hight-stat bodyguard unit is a much better way of adding it in, hotseat wise

no offence you want it to be lore accurate then of course they have to be overly powerful they can defeat an entire army and melt a castle, start with targs have no settlement but an emerging faction with only 300 men and 3 dragons aim of the game is to survive.

Sorry to say this Soulgamesinc i am a big fan of your channel but i believe that simply ancillaries are not enough to symbolize the last 3 dragons in existence, who routed over 60,000 men in one battle, the conquest of the 7 kingdoms was suppose to be fairly easy as they had dragons! I know the creation of dragons would be something very difficult, maybe some other nice Skinner from another mod can give you one. They should be something that is feared by all players, Thanks

Pleavy/ Thatspecficgamer

The Forgotten's Avatar Domesticus

I say just up the bodyguards unit amounts, and stats. Considering how strong bodyguards are now and how stupidly OP they are I think this is a just conclusion. It would also be fairly simple to implement.

Edit; Let me go into a little more detail. While not an actual dragon, the bodyguard would help simulate the Targs strength on the field. Also if one of them dies the bodyguard immediately leaves, or if you wish to RP, the "dragon" becomes unstable and is no longer suited to fight on the field. I just feel that this would be perfect considering the limitations. The Targs get 3 strong (not invincible) units that do not need an excessive amount of work to place in game, but will still give the player something to look forward to when playing as the 3 headed dragon.

Good luck btw!
    Last edited by The Forgotten; May 02, 2013 at 06:21 PM.

Many thanks to the good folks down at the Graphics Workshop for the sig.

Content Staff Citizen

I just want to put the "Dragon Unit" topic to rest here...

The ancillaries representing each dragon will be very powerful. The +stats are not final as of yet but will contain +s to Hitpoints & Troop Morale, making the riders very hard to kill on the battlefield and making the Targaryen army's hard if not impossible to rout on the field of battle. (they will stand and fight to the last man) I'd love to add actual dragon units, but the idea is NOT practical. You can not add dragons that look good, move realistically and are canon to the lore of Westeros, Balerion had teeth that were as long as swords and jaws big enough to swallow a mammoth whole. His wingspan so vast that entire towns would fall under his shadow when he passed overhead. It's not practical, would unbalance everything and make playing as House Targaryen FAR to easy. I'm not making this so people can simply play a dragon and crush everything. The logical step is to give each rider a ancillaries to represent their dragons and give them the edge that Targaryen had without destroying the balance of everything else in the game, this is the path i have chosen and i am sticking to it. Consider me Stannis is this regard, i will brake (you) before i bend. Dragons will NOT be represented as actual units.

Below are examples of the Dragon Ancillaries... (stats are very much debatable)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Now, moving onto a far more helpful topic. I'd love your suggestions on what exactly the stats for the Dragon Ancillaries should be. (It will all be tested for balance before official release)

The Forgotten's Avatar Domesticus

I don't know about abilities, but what about the ancillaries being transferable? The dragons lived far longer than thier human counterparts but it might be a bit OP if all three dragons are placed on one general. Although it would be a shame that the dragons have to be lost forever once the three siblings are all dead, natural or otherwise.

Many thanks to the good folks down at the Graphics Workshop for the sig.

Is it within the realm of your abilities to apply the unique Rhaegar model from KORAH to Aegon and his sisters?

I think the trait should be reduced a bit for Visenya and Rhaenyra. Currently they're at the exact same level as Aegon, which isn't realistic. Both because they weren't as good of commanders or as physically strong, and their dragons were smaller. I must admit I am dissappointed that the dragons aren't included, but if it would take extra weeks just to iron out some buggy dragons I'd rather not have them. Maybe a sub-sub mod for them would fit once this is completed.

Also I think this mod would be great as a sort of test your skills mod. Give Aegon a small settlement at Kings Landing and Dragonstone, then the 1,600 men that the Targaryens landed with. Also possibly a moderate fleet heading towards the Vale and commanded by Daemon Valeryon, as happened in the timeline. Also, it would be great if Darklyns of Duskendale and the Mootons of Maidenpool and Cracklaw Point were put into the mod so that an early Targaryen player would have something to begin conquering at first.

This could be an excellent mod if done right.

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast