Thread: World War

Default World War

Would be cool if every faction in the game (even unplayable) is given a rank that defines their military strength and technological status. If, say, Rome was to be a dominant power and ranked number 1, other factions will grow afraid while larger factions try to create an alliance with other factions to stop Rome from gaining more power. Thus, making the campaign more difficult when you can easily destroy every faction in Europe and other places.

Whatcha think?

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: World War

Realm divide...

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Realm divide...
    Not quite. Realm divide is the act in which people just plainly declare war on you when you become too powerful. It want it to make sense for greater powers to wage war, while the lower factions panic in fear (since they can't defend themselves) and give you the option to annex them if you declare war upon them. Well, depending on their ranking status. They could have a huge army, therefore, will defend rather than give up hope.

Etc etc.

Libertus

Well the part about having a power rank and 'scaring' your opponent into surrendering is already in Shogun 2. When you have a powerful military and you reduce the enemy clan's army to 'weak' or 'meager' status they will accept peace terms and even become your vassals if you ask. The part about enemies forming alliances against you I think is already being implemented to some extent in Rome 2, from what the devs have mentioned.
    Last edited by Rikx; May 02, 2013 at 03:06 AM.

Vioras's Avatar Civis

I think it's best when the statistics from rome1 come back.

It would be cool if a balance of power mechanic was added. So not Realm Divide stuff where everybody declares war on you but just factions near you forming alliances with eachother to try and block you. But it shouldn't be just against you. So at the start it should work against the Seleucids, for example. Btw, I'd also love to see coalition wars. So your allies and the enemies allies should be at war with eachother, not with you or your enemy.

HusKatten's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Dreagon View Post
    It would be cool if a balance of power mechanic was added. So not Realm Divide stuff where everybody declares war on you but just factions near you forming alliances with eachother to try and block you. But it shouldn't be just against you. So at the start it should work against the Seleucids, for example. Btw, I'd also love to see coalition wars. So your allies and the enemies allies should be at war with eachother, not with you or your enemy.
    Ye, this is the most thrilling experience in i.e Europa Universalis: Rome. Currently i play as Pontus and are allied with Seleucids, Macedon and Cyrene in a war against Ptolemy and Rome. I hope this could happen in R2 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HusKatten View Post
    Ye, this is the most thrilling experience in i.e Europa Universalis: Rome. Currently i play as Pontus and are allied with Seleucids, Macedon and Cyrene in a war against Ptolemy and Rome. I hope this could happen in R2 as well.
    Just that would be the reason why I would create vassals. I love the feeling of leading an alliance into a war as a big power. I used to do that as the HRE in EU3. Vassalize half of Germany and the electors and defeat everyone who opposes me.