Thread: Tech tree

Default Tech tree

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to start the game with all techs researched? Or where I can edit the tech mastery rate? Tried asking in the mod section but didnt get any response....

Thanks

Default Re: Tech tree

I guess what you could do is go into effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions_tables and add research_points_bonus_all with a percentage increase of your choosing to the traits of all clans (e.g. t_chosokabe, t_uesugi, bos_satsuma etc. etc.). That way, everyone's research speed would be increased.

You can modify your researched technologies in the savegames and the startpos.esf, I think, but it's a pretty tedious process.

Thanks mate - i've never really edited any scripts apart from the unit.preferences script before - where would I find the effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions_tables?

Cheers!!!

Check the workshop on Steam.

I saw at least one mod that reduces the tech research time to 1 turn per tech. However, the one I looked at also reduced all the recruit and build times to 1 turn also. There may be others though. Alternatively, you can do a search in the mod forum, and you may find a mod for just the tech's only.

Cheers
    Artillery brings dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl!

God, I can't believe I didn't think of the obvious solution of just editing the required research points first...

Anyway, I whipped up a quick li'l mod for you that reduces research time for all techs to one turn (even though it says "0 turns" in game, it'll still take one turn per tech). This'll work for vanilla SII, RotS and FotS. Have fun .
    Attached Files Attached Files

God, I can't believe I didn't think of the obvious solution of just editing the required research points first...

Anyway, I whipped up a quick li'l mod for you that reduces research time for all techs to one turn (even though it says "0 turns" in game, it'll still take one turn per tech). Just unpack the file into your "data" directory and select the mod from the list when you start up the game. This'll work for vanilla SII, RotS and FotS. Have fun .

Sorry for the double post, but the forum was bugging out and apparently I can't edit my posts.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Okay, I'm terribly sorry about this, but uploading the attachment just won't work... I've gone ahead and uploaded the file elsewhere (Click me). Could a mod please merge my posts? Thank you, and sorry for the inconvenience .

May I thank you most humbly for going out of your way to help me sir, very kind!

The technologies do get annoying once you've completed the game a million times, so it'll be nice to dive straight into the chaos. I owe you one dude!

You're very welcome, it really didn't take more than 10 minutes to do this . I actually recommend reading a tutorial or two about the Pack File Manager - it really is a very handy tool and pretty easy to learn, as well!

Also, apparently the attachments did work after all, they just needed some time to show up. Again, sorry for the triple post - if a mod sees this, it would be very kind if they could merge my posts .

Thanks dude, I will definitely read up more on the pack file manager, sounds like a really useful tool.

You should open a new thread quickly in the mod section and add this to the list, I'm sure others would appreciate it too! I'd do it for you, but I don't want to take your credit!

By the way your profile picture is seriously good, i cant stop laughing!