Thread: [RS 2.5] more fast battles submod

Default [RS 2.5] more fast battles submod

Hi, I modified the file to change the statistics export_descr_unit.txt units to making more fast battles vanilla style.
    Personally I battles seemed way too long and that the soldiers were hitting as if his arms were plastic plus I do not have much time for a campaign that every battle can last an hour.

Historically the fighting did not last long however good your armor and hit you with an ax manage the most likely to get killed.

List of changes:
    - I modified the "Hit strength" of all units was in "0.250" to "1.0" for an impact defensive ability is beyond a mortal blow as actually happens in a battle

-I reduced defensive ability but not the armor or shield

-The cavalry retained their statistics for balance but it is more expensive to maintain, this tagged herself in the classical age the horse was not cheap

-All hoplites can form in shield wall to represent the real contest style hoplite that protect each other with their shields and crushing the enemy advance in a compact block.

-Reduced the damage of attack of the phalanges to balance and because the stakes were not causing much damage to the infantry with shield and armor, historical work of macedon phalanx was to contain the enemy while the cavalry attacked the flanks

sorry for my English, I am Spanish speaking

installation
    Copy export_descr_unit.txt to data folder, remember to make a backup before replacing

Warning:
    -only for 0 turn
    -some campaigns as play_sarmatia have a different export_descr_unit.txt which have not changed

Download link:
    http://www.putlocker.com/file/F43E2E13628CCDA8

Credits: thanks for making Roma Surrectum 2

Default Re: [RS 2.5] more fast battles submod

Sounds good, I'll give it a try. I assume it works for ongoing campaigns?

I tried out your mod last night and now I'm spoiled on it! It's really awesome, battles are much faster and more brutal now. I was wondering if you could take a look at DBM for medieval 2, it desperately needs a mod like this. I Tried to copy what you did as far as minimum delays between attacks but it doesnt seem to have sped up the battles like your mod did. Did you go through by hand or is there some spreadsheet editor you used to make it go much faster?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...lo-Mundi-(DBM) here's the link for DBM, a great mod really.

can you make it for 1 turn campaigns aswell please??

Quote Originally Posted by nakEdthegreek View Post
    can you make it for 1 turn campaigns aswell please??
    +1 i would also be pleased if you do this...

Kirila the Kitten's Avatar Primicerius

Great work, this man needs some rep

Foederatus

how to install it? if i copy it to Rome Total War/data changes don't appear, if i copy it to Play Rome/data, game does not start... any solutions?

Karchedon, you extract the file from the RAR archive to the RS2.5 Data folder. I advise to backup the default file first, simply edit it's file name and put "copy" or "backup" or whatever you want. Then, extract the text file into the Data folder for the RS2.5 mod.

Laetus

i can't download the file, only the dowloader, i must use the downloader, or am i doing something wrong?

Foederatus

click "continue as free user", then "click to download"...

Quote Originally Posted by LegadoHonorable View Post
    Hi, I modified the file to change the statistics export_descr_unit.txt units to making more fast battles vanilla style.
    Personally I battles seemed way too long and that the soldiers were hitting as if his arms were plastic plus I do not have much time for a campaign that every battle can last an hour.

Historically the fighting did not last long however good your armor and hit you with an ax manage the most likely to get killed.

List of changes:
    - I modified the "Hit strength" of all units was in "0.250" to "1.0" for an impact defensive ability is beyond a mortal blow as actually happens in a battle

-I reduced defensive ability but not the armor or shield

-The cavalry retained their statistics for balance but it is more expensive to maintain, this tagged herself in the classical age the horse was not cheap

-All hoplites can form in shield wall to represent the real contest style hoplite that protect each other with their shields and crushing the enemy advance in a compact block.

-Reduced the damage of attack of the phalanges to balance and because the stakes were not causing much damage to the infantry with shield and armor, historical work of macedon phalanx was to contain the enemy while the cavalry attacked the flanks

sorry for my English, I am Spanish speaking

installation
    Copy export_descr_unit.txt to data folder, remember to make a backup before replacing

Warning:
    -only for 0 turn
    -some campaigns as play_sarmatia have a different export_descr_unit.txt which have not changed

Download link:
    http://www.putlocker.com/file/F43E2E13628CCDA8

Credits: thanks for making Roma Surrectum 2
    I would suggest using the "faster battles submod for 2.6" as the basis for this now.

Also don't change the lethality ratio between different units by making them all 1. These are balanced between the different units to negate differences in killing speed between animations (e.g. semi-fast barb swordsman vs slow spearman).... this is done so as to balance auto resolve battles and make sure that what we see as the unit stats in the game are the only thing that counts.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Pleasee , can you reupload your file , the link doesnt worky anymore , pls (((