Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Kilmarnock Bound

Default Re: Kilmarnock Bound

William turned, and smiled oddly, levelling his sword towards the man. He was afraid, but tried not to show it.

My old friend. How have you been?

Harald stretched his neck in the way that men did as they limbered up before an all out bar fight.

"Could be better, your Majesty. Do hand me my crown now, William."
    Creative Writing: (Currently on hold)
    The Domini Sepulchre
    The Sword and Quill

William scoffed.

your crown? Pardon me, but I had no idea your whore of a mother and your plough pusher of a father were royalty.

Trot's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Patrick brought the right flank around bellowing as he attempted to encircle the Scottish center. His blonde hair was flecked with specks of red and a line of blood flowed from an open gash on his right cheek.
    "For the king," he calls. As his men follow him. he had lost the spear he now held a crude cudgel stolen form a fallen enemy in one hand and a small mace in the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf. View Post
    William scoffed.

your crown? Pardon me, but I had no idea your whore of a mother and your plough pusher of a father were royalty.
    With no more preamble, Harald spurred his horse at the king, raising his sword before sweeping it down in one fluid motion towards his rival.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trot View Post
    Patrick brought the right flank around bellowing as he attempted to encircle the Scottish center. His blonde hair was flecked with specks of red and a line of blood flowed from an open gash on his right cheek.
    "For the king," he calls. As his men follow him. he had lost the spear he now held a crude cudgel stolen form a fallen enemy in one hand and a small mace in the other.
    In fact it was the English who were being encircled, having the numerical advantage, the Scots were able to do such a thing without lessening their strength. Patrick realised this when he led his men around and came in contention with a wall of Scottish spears. Seeing the Irish lord coming towards them, they tightened their ranks and rushed forwards...
    The Domini Sepulchre
    The Sword and Quill

William grunted in response to Harald's sudden attack, but he tried to keep his composure as he too galloped forwards; raising his sword to block the attack head on...

With an almighty crack, the blades came together, sending a jarring pain down Harald's arm who yelled and dropped his blade.

"A weapon, your king needs a weapon!"

Harald managed to just reign his horse in to prevent it from charging his own men, holding his arm out for a weapon.
    The Domini Sepulchre
    The Sword and Quill

William roared, and swung wildly towards Harald, hoping to sever or at least cut a limb before he could be given a blade. His blood was flowing fast, and he felt like he was in London again, fighting for his crown.

Just in time, Harald saw the swing heading towards him. Ducking, he managed to avoid a bloody decapitation, but the king's blade still made contact with the mail on his back. It felt as if the blow had been from a hammer, scoring the metal links into Harald's flesh, it was only by sheer luck that the man's back hadn't been broken. As a reflex action, Harald shot back up in his saddle, a stray elbow jutted out into William's face, sending blood spraying as his nose was broken.

With no weapon forthcoming, Harald spurred his horse between his men, leaving William alone, surrounded by Marcher men.

"Kill him!"

With that, Harald fled.
    The Domini Sepulchre
    The Sword and Quill

William swore aloud as the blood spurted from his face, desperately attempting to cover his nose with his gauntlet. Frowning in anguish as Harald escaped, William lowered his head and galloped off after him; as fast as his horse could carry him.

King William's route was quickly cut off, though the sheer number of Marcher cavalry surrounding him was ironically keeping him alive as a man couldn't swing his weapon without fear of hitting an ally. Nevertheless, it seemed that the king had breathed his last, until another shrill horn rang around the field, calling for the Scots to disengage. King William could follow but it would surely be suicide...

Despite the teleportation of Lord O'Neill, the English left flank had fared incredibly well and it was this that had encouraged the Scots to disengage. There the English had lost only 84 men. The rest of the English had not fared as well, losing over half of those who hadn't been in the left flank. Total English forces now came to 1798.

Now forming one combined group, the Scots were noticeably smaller than they had been, now even being numerically smaller than the English.
    The Domini Sepulchre
    The Sword and Quill

William rode back to his men, exhausted, approaching his nobles before sheathing his sword and dismounting.

We fought well today. Now lets see if this scots king will break.

Slowly, the flag of truce was raised, and the English hoped that the scots king would come and speak to them again and discuss terms.

Given William's actions during the last meeting, Alexander send another in his place whilst his army reformed into defensive lines, archers at the front.
    The Domini Sepulchre
    The Sword and Quill

William folded his arms as the man approached.

​So, the scots king is too cowardly to come himself? Very well. Name your kings terms, and I'll name mine.

My king's terms remain, though he is willing to hand over the man Harald to you also.
    The Domini Sepulchre
    The Sword and Quill

William shrugged.

How's about he hands over Carlisle, Harald, I return Jedburgh and pay Carlisle's ransom. I'm not handing over any lands.

ooc: I assumed that Jedburgh's already returned to Prince David as it's on his lands.
    ic:

You would have to pay the ransom for both of the men.
    The Domini Sepulchre
    The Sword and Quill

William glanced at the messenger.

​oh?

The man nodded.

If my King is to give you the Lords of March and Carlisle, you would be required to pay both their ransoms or to hand over Carlisle's lands and titles.
    The Domini Sepulchre
    The Sword and Quill

​I mean how much, you Scottish vagrant.