Thread: Welcome to the Tournament section

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Welcome to the Tournament section

This forum will be where all tournaments, official and unofficial, are held. Multiplayer campaigns will also be held here, however, I would like to open for discussion whether or not everyone thinks Multiplayer Campaigns deserve their own subforum separate of tournaments or not.

-Hader

Default Re: Welcome to the Tournament section

I think that they should be separated. Tournaments and Hotseats are two different things, and it might get complicated for some folks to find what they are looking for.

Separated as they're quite different.

yes i agree with lancer. besides having different names they are also different things.
    Tournaments are (usually prestigious) setups where people fight, the losers drop out and the winners go to the next round, and by that process of elimination the best (usually) wins and is awarded a specially made signature for winning. Although i consider training new clanmembers far more important than spreading your own glory, even i respect a (deserved) tournament win in the more prestigious tournaments.

Hotseats on the other hand are simply campaigns where the factions are controlled by humans. if you could actually fight human vs human, the thing would be respectable, but they are too dumb to just recreate the settings of the battle in the multiplayer and then removing the dead units in the campaign, and thus they fight the AI.

Hotseats are thus more strategy as they are about war campaigns and managing cities more than they are about fighting.
    Tournaments are highly tactical fights as the opposition in there is usually good. and highly tactical games are defined as "people on both teams who are leetass motherin' badasses at their game"

Thus they must be separated but since hotseats are usually not competitive at all, why would they be in tournaments in the first place? they're for fun.

Not agree

Campaign tournaments consist of tactics and strategy , other tournaments play battles . Battle its just tactic .
    Sun Tzu in The Art of War wrote : " Tactics without strategy it's conversation about victory when coming defeat , Strategy without tactic the most long way to victory ."

So just players which have tactical and strategy skill can play H2h campiagn .They have right have subforum here . Ussually player which have just tactical skill lose fast battles in real strategy map , cause can not manage own army well and have't strategy skill .

About for 85 % players play total war games like tacticians , not like strategists . This statistic make sense to think . Ask yourself : who i'm ? tactician or strategist ? or maybe consider yourself one of the best general ever like Aleksandr Makedonsky , Julius Caesar ? But they in first decided strategy questions , had strategy and tactician hight skill , not just tactician skill

Difference between tactician and strategist : tactician begin searching victory in the battlefield , strategist won battle before battle begin
    Last edited by Cao_Cao; April 28, 2013 at 09:30 AM.