Thread: Mundus Magnus Map for SAI - Division of Empire

Default Mundus Magnus Map for SAI - Division of Empire

History
    Mundus Magnus map was designed years ago by ngr. Many modders adapted into different mods and also on different rtw exes. Many may ask why this map. I also like original IB map but I think I got used to have a suez canal that enabled my fleets and my armies from Mediterrenean into India. In fact I had tried many times to make an 395 campaign for IB mostly for SAI. Later I got tired of having endless CTDs I quit modding a provoncial campaign instead; I began to mod from scratch on a new modfolder that I named SAIDI I am sure you know what the SAI is the later that I have added means Divisio Imperii (Division of the Empire), I hope it is correct in latin. Now based on ngr's BI version of Mundus Magnus I am porting SAI into a new folder mentioned above.
    Development
    Currently I restarted from scratch because I have finally converted my modifications from provincial campaign into main campaign. I have successfully applied rs textures into my modfolder though steam caused a bug that I fixed it later.Re-began mapping provinces.....Fixed descr_strat.txt.Finished Roman provinces but I will cut them down to give more provinces to other factions. Currently my plan is 100 roman provinces and 99 others (20-22 for Sassanids only)Began adding new offices (traits and ancillaries) for new roman provinces. A new faction for northeastern section of the Map : Rauran. No Roman rebels so no loyalty but 3 Roman Factions at the beginning of the map.WRE will have a very difficult start because it will start at war with Thedosius who has a very large invading army at PannoniaIazyges will not be in my mod. Still undecisive about an independent Armenia.
    WIP Screens[SPOILER] I think the best source on sassanid provinces.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Re-began mapping so I will have different map.
    Future Plans
    I have finished my researches so I have no plan for Roman rebel factions but I will add 3 roman factions and a new Steppe Faction : Rauran.
    Citations and Special Thanks
    Thanks to ngr who made this wonderful map. Thanks to SAI and IB teams for their great works and help.
    P.S. Unfortunately I quit most of my other works so if you follow my other submods I have no backups for them other than my 12 TPY submod for Rome 2 for Radious.
    Last edited by Atraphoenix; September 15, 2014 at 09:36 AM.

Default Re: Mundus Magnus Map for SAI - Division of Empire

Awesome! +rep
    炸鸡

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

The latin should be Magna Muindi :

I've played the EU3 version of this. It's cool, great work!

Looks very interesting! Looking forward for progress.. good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    The latin should be Magna Muindi :
    I'm afraid that's not accurate.

On the map, that's very interesting.

Art by Joar

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Mundi* not Muindi.

Terrible to such an interesting project is inactive, still it cannot be helped

I have made a good process on this project but I find this map too small and after I tried to enlarge it I got lots of CTDs that passed my limits to fix them. Currently I am working on EB map as my personal modding because the map does belong to my team not me till SAI team members answer me what is their plan, I have no chance to continue this project.

i usually don't necro-post, but i have to ask - are there any news/updates/dismissals on this project?
    "Siehst du in des Waldes Grün feindlicher Gewehrmaschin?"
    - Peronje

"Der NKWD in Russland, der SD im Deutschland des Dritten Reiches und alle anderen Geheimpolizeiorganisationen ähnlicher Art sind Spielwiesen für Psychopathen, für Usurpatoren illegaler Macht über Millionen.
    Dort liegen die Krebsherde der modernen Gesellschaft."

aus "Holt Hartmann vom Himmel" Motorbuch Verlag Spezial 2007

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Yeah, I'd like to know that too. I can help with city and province names.

This may help as well:

After a very long time I managed to work my submod again but my planned modification far passed the limits of a submod. Currently I am trying to add rs textures to this ported map. I still find the map small but enlarging causes ctd so a better mapper than me later may do it. I do not think CA will release another barbarian invasion for rome2. So currently I have no plan subbing rome2 again. I cannot give a certain time but at the end I will play SAI on mugdus Magnus map but for now a bit later around 395 - 392 before or after battle of frigidus.

My first fixed bug on steam during the implementation of rs textures it took hours to fix

Currently RS textures has been applied successfully both on strategy and battle maps. Bad news: you have to copy all of the modfolder like SAI into base rtw and bi folder if you want to play it on steam till steam workshop for bi or rtw will be released (I doubt it so).

before

after

And this is my steam code for my modfolder. Note that if you omit the last to letters namely "DI" so long as you copied vanilla SAI modfolder into rome base folder and also bi folder on steam you can make SAI work on steam,too.

Last edited by Atraphoenix; September 06, 2014 at 04:08 PM.

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Any chance of a copy so that I can use the map for the RO mod??

I have to add each province one by one to prevent CTDs so modding is not a problem but testing each province and deleting map.rwm and checking new provinces free of bug takes lots of time. But I have big plans for 22-23 of September weekend I can upload a working but not complete modfolder.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Sorry for the necropost, but I cant seem to find a download link? Or isn't this released yet?
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'