Page 504 of 504 FirstFirst ... 4404454479494495496497498499500501502503504
Results 10,061 to 10,069 of 10069

Thread: HTW RP OOC - Part 2

Default Re: HTW RP OOC - Part 2

Nergal, is it Elise?

Feeling somewhat below the weather at the moment. If there's anything I should be doing as RPer or as GM, give me a gentle kick here or on steam as I've likely forgotten about it.

If ive caught what Emrys and Ath have had, I will not be amused - they're on another continent...
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

--The Infinite Notebook of Perpetually Unfinished Squirrel Sketches--

Brihentin13's Avatar Campidoctor

Thx for the well wishes. As for the Fallout thing, the possibilities excite me. I think New Orleans might be a tad oversaturated in the game market right now. We had a New Marais/this is totally New Orleans in Infamous 2 and it featured in Left4Dead, so I'd be surprised if we went there again. Still, I would love it. Incredibly racist cajun accents ahoy! If Bethesda were to work on their water mechanics, the place would be fantastic. Without the proper maintenance of those levees, New Orleans is one rain shower away from becoming "Planet of the Mirelurks". You could have raiders on river boats, mutant alligators, various swamp monsters, giant radioactive crawdads, you name it.

Keeping with the Deep South note, I think Bethesda and Coca-Cola keep missing out on a fantastic merchandise deal. Why not sell Nuka-cola to generate hype(and mad caps) each time you release a Fallout game? All Coke has to do is color some cans and bottles differently and boom, profit. That's one reason I would love a Fallout in Atlanta. Do that aforementioned Coke tie-in and put the Nuka-cola HQ there.

Hell, you could even make up southern factions like a neo-confederacy or the nearby New Carolina Republic(hardy har har). Deep South Fallout could just be so good. Have fun looting civil war museums! Shoot cannons at people! Get attacked by horrifying mutant inbreds near Tiger Ridge! Accidentally uncover a cursed Indian burial mound! Shoot Indian ghosts! Enjoy the South's much higher guns-per-capita rate! Fight a faction of militant bible thumpers! Ride mutant alligators! Join a local militia in the fight against the aliens/gubmint stealing all of our damned brahmin! Get a Gadsen flag themed skin for your power armor! Burn hordes of blood-bugs with a flamethrower! Get shot at by the KKK! Go down to Florida and sort of be in the South but not really! Wander onto a NASCAR track! Get sponsored by Vagisil! Drink moonshine and go blind because Cletus used too much battery acid! Find that one atomic bomb that got lost off the coast down here and accidentally blow up Savannah(again)! The possibilities are truly endless.

I would literally kill actual human people to get a Fallout game where the Enclave fights a post-war Neo-Confederacy for control of some missile silos or something like that. It will never happen because of "muh racism", "muh controversy" and "muh feels", but, dammit, I can dream.

Free Kekistan

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

You know I suspect a lot of our characters would look good on Dragon Age Inquisition-style tarot cards

@Fallout, to be honest a Confederacy themed faction in a southern Fallout would just be .. meh. It's just what everyone expects. There's nothing particularly original about it. NCR with southern accents and protestant mores. Yay. Exciting. That's how I feel about that anyway.
    Last edited by Dirty Chai; October 12, 2016 at 10:44 PM.

warl0rd13's Avatar Semisalis

For Fallout all I want is to be able to join the Enclave, I wanna be the big bad evil government in a post apocalyptic world for once.
    Stabber, Ikanan teen.
    Silias "Twitch Tethers, Ordonian ranger

Quote Originally Posted by VictorAYorke View Post
    Adors are waiting on developments from the Shadow Temple I think. However is there any small talk or character moments people can have in the meantime?
    Well the thing is, Dalamud and Koature are currently in a meeting with the man who would be king. Unless we are dismissed, that's not really the place where you want to do small talk or insightful revelations, less you are put to death for insulting the king.

So, how is everyone who likes anime enjoying the newest shows? I for my part have probably found a new favourite kind of anime. The one that takes place in a setting that is not-Europe in not-WW 1 or 2.

That started with Nejimaki Seirei Senki. First I wanted to give that one a pass because the description of the premise made me think it was harem tripe, but gave it a shot anyway because it reminded me of Valkyria Chronicles. Very glad I did.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The show takes place in a world that is kinda in the first stages of an industrial revolution, but black powder does not exist. Instead, every human has a tiny elemental spirit, cannons shoot their balls with giant bellows, and footsoldiers mostly use crossbows and swords, air-rifles are a very recent invention. There is a conflict between two big nations, and interestingly the heroes of the tale are not soldiers in the army of the open-minded Republic that embraces progress both technological and ideological, but the conservative kingdom that is comparably close minded. The main hero is a tactical genious, or as I like to say, Lelouch Lamperouge if he was a lazy bum and only fights a war because he has to and would rather be doing SCIENCE. Aside from doing a good job of showing that there rarely is a "good guy" in war, it also deals with often overlooked aspects fo warfare, such as the dangers of Alpine sickness.
    Definitely recommend it.

Second would be Izetta the Last Witch. In not-WW2, the Empire of Germania is about to invade Ivonia, also known as not-Switzerland. The country's last hope: Izetta, the last witch. Who rides an anti-tank rifle instead of a broom. I personally also applaud the makers for using grammatically correct German.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And that are my anime recommendations for the day. If nothing else, they might make everyone forget about the sad fact that Valkyria Chronicles has been turned into Final Fantasy.

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

@Adors,
    You're all just waiting on a Dalamud post from me actually. Mea culpa.

@Anime,
    I've been meaning to check out Izetta. Well, I guess I plan on trying it in a few weeks, when there's more episodes on Crunchyroll. I don't like watching them one at a time as the come out, unless its riveting/addicting.

An example of something that was riveting was ERASED. Did anyone else here watch that? A 28 year old gets sent back to his 10 year old self to try and get other 10 year olds to stop a girl from getting serial murdered.

I used to be a huge weaboo in the days of yore and middle school, but then high school happened and then there's "adulthood" and now I basically don't watch any anime if it's not completely awesome to me. Instead I tend to spend any time I might spend with anime, on older classics like Escaflowne or all the good Adult Swim ones (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, FLCL, etc).

Oh yeah there was Michiko and Hatchin too, by the guys who did Samurai Champloo. Very good. Recommend that. It's set in fake-South America (in the same way Izetta is set in fake-Europe).

Brihentin13's Avatar Campidoctor

@feud

Well yeah, but yall Californians have an NCR and we don't. It wouldn't be anything groundbreaking, just throwing the southeast a bone really. We don't ever hear much about that section of the country in Fallout. If you wanted to make it more interesting, ghoul slavery. The South reverts to an antebellum society, but with more radiation. Landed plantation lords have ghouls picking rad-cotton and mutfruit, while another railroad tries to get the slaves out. Depending on what ending ends up being canon for 4, you could have a flow of synths fleeing southwards and ghouls fleeing northward. You then have a nice moral choice in between joining the "At least we don't have slaves" Enclave, the "Purge all the untermensch and take their computers" Brotherhood, the "All men are created equal except for ghouls" Confederacy, or some form of liberation group that wants to overthrow the slaver lords.

Also, lol at how evil the Brotherhood became in 4. They used to just want the shiny toys, but then they started helping people under Lyons, and then they literally became the Nazis. Nice jump there.

"Ja, mein Elder, ze zeppelin is ready. Now, we shall purge those filthy jud-I mean, synths."

"Hello, Vault-Dweller. This is Hans, one of ze Hitler yout-I mean, squires. Show him how you cleanse an area of undesirables."

"Heil Maxson!"

I'd also love a chance to play as the Enclave. I think they could be a much more compelling faction if they weren't just so blatantly evil all the time. I think that, with a little tweaking and less puppy killing, they could be a good "The ends justify the means" kind of faction. Instead, we got, in F02, the "Let's kill everyone who might be even a teensie-bit mutated, then kidnap all of the non-mutant people from the vaults to experiment on in the hopes of making a super-virus to kill even more people!" Enclave, followed by, in FO3, the "Let's steal this water purifier and use it to keep killing everyone who isn't totally pure!" schtick. Its incredibly ironic that the Brotherhood fought the Enclave in 3, because as soon as the Lyons leadership was gone, Maxson would soon want the very same things the Enclave wanted. I much preferred the more humanized former Enclave soldiers in New Vegas. Complex villains are so much more fun that the super-evil all the time types. Also, the whole "Hur durr America is run by the evil corporate illuminati fascists" routine gets a bit tired.

Free Kekistan

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Thread closed as the 10,000 posts limit has been reached. Please carry on in the new created thread named HTW OOC - Part 3.

Just a quick reminder Gentlemen, please stay on topic.

Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader