Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who else loves AD 1257?

Domesticus

Default Who else loves AD 1257?

Loving this mod. So huge and all. Only thing I dont like is my companions have no personality, and i think its weird that as im playing in Ireland(started off as an Irish noble), that my noble companions are uh..apparently Eastern European.

Kinda glitchy and I get alot of crashes though, but eh, save often

Default Re: Who else loves AD 1257?

It's probably the best one out there. Until L'Aigle comes out that is.

But I agree, it's a great mod when it doesn't CTD every bloody time.

Domesticus

OMG I didnt know 1257 had its own forum here XD I swore when I checked the subforums it was all multiplayer mods I give no ****s about

Anyway, for the mod team, love this mod. So much. Best mod evah. Except the crashing. Dunno how to fix that though, but I save alot, and I turned my graphics down so I dont have crashes that often anymore

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

This mod is awesome I just got the dev version and can't stop playing it. I wonder if the devs for this mod still come around?

Domesticus

Whats the dev version? I got the one off of Mod DB. Forgot to get the patch though

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Domesticus

Wow, and the proper release on ModDB is like 0.97 or something Whats different? And how do you get the Dev version? I hope its not that SVN thing I dont know what the **** is, im on dial up. I get my girlfriend to download mods for me XD

TheBlackTower's Avatar Tiro

Is Good mod second on my list, but the skin is so bad, is there any way to change it, and what is the dev virsion i don't know any thing about it, i was not know what the bate
    virsion tell the last week
    “History repeats itself because no one was listening the first time.”

I just discovered this mod today and I'm totally hooked! It's a bit buggy but all of its features make up for it. Can't wait for the 1.0 release. I think the devs uploading their progress through the SVN thing is really cool as well. It's a really transparent way of modding and as a result it seems to be effect. People are following the updates and providing feedback. It would be nice to see something like that with Total War mods.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

I agree, it's a great mod, possibly my favourite for Mount & Blade along with Brytenwalda. I've probably spent more time on Anno Domini 1257 than the original campaign. Sadly though I've heard that the mod developers have given up on it now, and there will be no more major updates. It's such a shame though.
    Last edited by Doe3000; May 10, 2013 at 03:17 AM.

There have been minor updates just a few days ago. I personally don't have the SVN version, but you can follow them if you so wish.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Clagius's Avatar Campidoctor

Be sure to use SVN version, it has all the recent updates unlike the regular one.

Thanks guys! It's nice to hear that all progress hasn't stopped on Anno Domini 1257. I completely forgot about SVN - I used to have it on my other computer before it broke, but I forgot to download ( 'Tortoise shell' was it?) for my new PC. Also when I checked the official message board on the Mount & Blade site, there was a post by the developers saying they had stopped making major updates, so I figured there was no point in downloading the SVN again. It's heartening to see they haven't given up though.

I never read such a thing (and I hope what you said is not true), but to me it looks like the mod team is releasing the mod in increments, building up to what I would presume to be a full 1.0 release. At least that's what I hope will happen. I haven't dug in their forums, though.

Hi,both me and DrThomas left the mod,although we dissagree with some of the things that the current mod leader Othr done with the mod,the mod is more or less active via SVN.DrThomas,Sahran and me ,are working on ancient middle eastern mod called Shadows in the desert .

Domesticus

Can you release the recent updates on ModDB please? Im on dial up, and I have no idea if I could have my girlfriend download stuff from the SVN to send to me.

And sorry to hear that Oh well, I think this is the greatest mod for Mount & Blade, and I can only think of a handful of things to add to it. All I can think of is make it so you can join the Teutonic Knights or the Papal States for a Crusade instead of just Outremer

*note: The Pope launched crusades in Italy to protect his ass from all those whacky city states

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

I like this mod. Probably my favourite for the game. At last mercenary is a lucrative profession. I did not tried the SVN. But I'm going to check it.

I think I'm going to wait for 1.0. It'll be more exciting to play a finished product methinks. In the meantime I'll play mods like Brytenwalda and Blue Blood, both of which are excellent substitutes for the time being.

By the way, it's nice to see you again Anna_Gein! Didn't know you play Mount&Blade.

Domesticus

I havent heard of Blue Blood?

And I'd say AD 1257 is as good as finished, you should go ahead and get it

Here

Check out the taleworlds forum for a whole bunch of others mods as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast