Thread: Eras Collection

Default Eras Collection

Don't know if any of you are running RTW off of the eras edition but when i first installed RTR on eras it would not work. I don't know if this has been posted anywhere else but here goes. The RTW Eras disc for some strange reason has a slightly different RomeTW.exe file and when you install RTRPE the install replaces the RomeTW.exe with the one that the mod comes with and the game will not load it will ask you to insert the correct cd as it is trying to read the startup disc from the old 3 disc install set. I am assuming this is because the Eras disc has RTW and BI all on one disc which does come in handy. All you have to do is after you have installed RTR and patched it all the way up is copy and paste the RomeTW.exe from the vanilla Eras folder and paste it into the RTR modded version and overwrite the RomeTW.exe that is there and this will allow RTRPE to run on the Eras collection disc. Again sorry if this has already been posted but i didn't see it anywhere and also sorry if the recent 1.6 patch corrected this problem as i was using 1.5 when it occured.
    Last edited by Antiochus the Great; August 24, 2006 at 03:16 PM.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Eras Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Antiochus the Great
    Don't know if any of you are running RTW off of the eras edition but when i first installed RTR on eras it would not work. I don't know if this has been posted anywhere else but here goes. The RTW Eras disc for some strange reason has a slightly different RomeTW.exe file and when you install RTRPE the install replaces the RomeTW.exe with the one that the mod comes with and the game will not load it will ask you to insert the correct cd as it is trying to read the startup disc from the old 3 disc install set. I am assuming this is because the Eras disc has RTW and BI all on one disc which does come in handy. All you have to do is after you have installed RTR and patched it all the way up is copy and paste the RomeTW.exe from the vanilla Eras folder and paste it into the RTR modded version and overwrite the RomeTW.exe that is there and this will allow RTRPE to run on the Eras collection disc. Again sorry if this has already been posted but i didn't see it anywhere and also sorry if the recent 1.6 patch corrected this problem as i was using 1.5 when it occured.

Edit this is only if you wan to run off of the original RomeTW.exe file instead of the BI exe.
    Yes. Thanks for the info. Actually the method was the same as those who have RTW/BI Gold Edition (DVD Version). Maybe Florin can add it up the info on the 'How to install' thread.

Great.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Thanks i seen that in the install guide at the top of the page but it didn't mention Eras. I must have had the CD Version of gold because i didn't have this problem until i picked up eras.

Thanks i seen that in the install guide at the top of the page but it didn't mention Eras. I must have had the CD Version of gold because i didn't have this problem until i picked up eras.
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I was wondering what the Eras contains. So, I have some questions:
    1. do you have RTW and BI on a single DVD? Does BI install autoomatically?
    2. Alexander is on a separate disk or on the same disc with RTW and BI?
    3. What is your version of RTW and BI? v1.5 and 1.6?
    Thanks!

I`ll add the Eras in the guide where it says about the exe, but please note that this sort of problems will not happen in the next full version of RTRPE as it will not contain an RTW.exe.

1. Yes and Yes
    2. Alexander does come on a seperate disc and its installation is optional. I do not have Alexander installed at the moment i created a duplicate install for alexander and treated it just like my RTR installs.
    3. I am running v 1.5 RTW and version 1.6 of BI

It seems to be the exact same problem you encountered with the DVD version of Gold in fact it is probably the exact same disc with a Total War: Eras label slapped on it. The problem and solution seem to be identical. Glad i could help out in some way.
    Last edited by Antiochus the Great; August 24, 2006 at 03:34 PM. Reason: spelling error lol

1. Yes and Yes
    2. Alexander does come on a seperate disc and its installation is optional. I do not have Alexander installed at the moment i created a duplicate install for alexander and treated it just like my RTR installs.
    3. I am running v 1.5 RTW and version 1.6 of BI

It seems to be the exact same problem you encountered with the DVD version of Gold in fact it is probably the exact same disc with a Total War: Eras label slapped on it. The problem and solution seem to be identical. Glad i could help out in some way.
    That`s exactly what I thought when I heard that the Eras will be released so I didn`t bother to make the changes to the guide(plus that I thought that the new version of RTRPE which will not contain an exe would be released in no time). I did the changes now so things will be more clear.