Thread: Need your help!

Default Need your help!

Hi, I'm quite new here, but at the beggining I want to say thank you, for great mod!
    I'm looking for your help.
    I want to play this mod, but I can't decide which faction to choose. I'm SS veteran, I've loved Turkish horse archers (I've conquered whole map with them) and strong infantry from Denmark and mix of archers,cav and infantry of French empire (I've conquered the world with those empires either). I was thinking about great seljuks, ERE, KOJ, Egipt (sorry, but I don't remember the faction name). I had played with Gorids but it was long time ago, and it was very, very slow.. any sugesstion?

Default Re: Need your help!

In general all factions start pretty slow in this mod. If you really like horse archers that pretty much rules out KoJ an ERE, but you can still recruit mercenary turkopoles. I haven't played as any of the other factions you listed but have fought against them. The way I always pick a faction for my campaign is to pick 2 factions I would like, then I play a series of custom battles between the two faction. I try both out with a few different army makeups and see which one I like better. You can try that with the Seljuks and the Abassids(Egypt).

Thank you! Basically, I just want faction with good horse archers and heavy infantry

In that case I would pick the Abassids, if I'm remembering right the Seljuks have fairly weak infantry. Abassids are pretty much strong all around.

I'm currently playing as abbasids, like you suggested. I must admit, its pretty hard.. basically I'm just switching from turn to turn, waiting for ANY money..

zburanuki's Avatar Ducenarius

actually, ayyubids are the egyptians not the abbasids.

the key for Abbasid is to fill those 2 silks and 2 sugar trade resources with your merchant to pump you some money early on until the end of the game,one helpful thing is to send 2 of your merchants north east into Iran there is a Gold and Silver resource that will give your thousands of money each turn if you have a pretty good merchants.