Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Verdun online FINALLY OUT!

Default Re: Verdun online FINALLY OUT!

Game looks fun. It reminds me of RO/DH. I guess I'll see you guys on the battlefield. c:

Picked this up during the sale. I must say, though the character models are a little funny looking and it still seems like an unfinished product (which of course it is) the map design is fantastic and advancing on an enemy trench feels great. Needs 24 v 24 though

King_Porus's Avatar Senator

Ya I picked it up for 75% off on the Flash Sale. Haven't installed it yet but it looks great and the Christmas truce snowball fight thing is a nice touch
    How many people are on one server of Domination (or whatever it's called)?

Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by DarthShizNit View Post
    Picked this up during the sale. I must say, though the character models are a little funny looking and it still seems like an unfinished product (which of course it is) the map design is fantastic and advancing on an enemy trench feels great. Needs 24 v 24 though
    Yeah, the character models and animations are terrible. And there's no German or French voices...that would really add to the atmosphere. Also needs way more players (24v24 is a good start like you say) and different collision detection so that AFK players don't block up trenches.

I like the gameplay though. The guns all feel right, and the maps are pretty good. I've had a lot of very WW1 moments.

Yeah going over the top certainly has a great feel to it, and trench fighting is fun, needs more bayonets though . And King Porus, I didn't have any trouble finding full servers to play on. Last night there was about 500 people on, this morning 400. Like I said, needs some polishing up, but I do think that they've stumbled upon the right idea here.

King_Porus's Avatar Senator

Ya, just played it for 2 hours straight and it was awesome Pretty buggy and some of the things didn't make sense (like not being able to switch squads in-game), and hit detection wasn't great, but still fun, especially when I got in with a good squad on a cool map. The christmas truce snowball fight between rounds was a nice touch
    Last edited by King_Porus; December 21, 2013 at 09:50 PM.

Sir Winston Churchill's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I just don't like how there will be an even number of each class. There should be 1 officer for every 4 riflemen don't you think?

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    — CA trying to prevent dissent on their forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalminar View Post
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

Well, there are different kind of squads with different load outs, but I get what you're saying. As stated, I think they need to move upwards of at least 48 players instead of just 24. That was get a squad of recon men, 2 assault, and 3 regular riflemen squads, or whatever set up you want. With only 3 squads it's kinda hard to really mix things up I think.

I would just like to say again, obviously needs a ton of work, but even at this stage the game can have some really great moments. I love how futile trying to carry an enemy trench feels, and then the crazy rush of trench fighting.

The Canadians (and British) have arrived! Only took two years lol. The SMLE rapes all.

Still sad the game barely reaches a peak of 100 players online everyday. Imo, the price is a bit high for the content it has. I'm really into WWI (I'm french so yeah, though times for us) but I waited for the price to drop at 6€ during a special sale to pick it up. Also, perhaps they should like War of the Roses with a free version with locked content, let's say you can only create or join a "militia type" unit with just a simple rifle for each soldier. This would raise the interest and the online community.
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

There is a free version...

Man the poor Germans no longer stand a chance trying to get across open ground lol. My only worry with this new update is that people won't play the French squads anymore :/

The thing is, it's not really working anymore and it's not available on steam anyway because it's a poor web version.
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

New map out today, Artois. Good lord it's fantastic.

Just bought this game and its quite awesome! But hopefully it will get a little more optimized in next patches.

Best map is the bottom one in the map list!
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

It was faily optomized until the latest patches, I'm sure it will get back there soon. And that is a great map, that said, Artois really just dominates all.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234