Thread: Two quick questions

Default Two quick questions

1) If I mod in a brand new building and assign it to be buildable by every faction, will the AI actually build it, or do they have fairly scripted build routines that would NEVER use a new building unless I changed some other stuff too? (Note: I don't WANT them to use it, so no need to spend time telling me how to make them do so. I just want to see if I can assign it to all the factions so that -I- can use it with anyone, without worrying about the AI doing the same and unbalancing itself.)

2) What are the rebel army/navy spawn chance numbers on unmodded version 1.5/1.6 or so? I changed them a while back and can't remember where I dropped my backup of the file...came up with a more low-impact solution, so now I want to change them back to "normal".

Thanks!

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Default Re: Two quick questions

Moved to the Mod Workshop.

Default Re: Two quick questions

1) If I mod in a brand new building and assign it to be buildable by every faction, will the AI actually build it, or do they have fairly scripted build routines that would NEVER use a new building unless I changed some other stuff too? (Note: I don't WANT them to use it, so no need to spend time telling me how to make them do so. I just want to see if I can assign it to all the factions so that -I- can use it with anyone, without worrying about the AI doing the same and unbalancing itself.)
    If you give it to all factions then yes, they can and probably will make it, but only if it is beneficial to them to do so. So if you say, jack up the cost of the building, or make a lot of other prerequisite buildings (i.e., needs stables and temple to jupiter in order to build) then the chances of the AI creating it are much, much slimmer. Of course, that also makes it harder for you to build it as well, so you may need to find a balance (oh, you can also give it to one specific faction if that would help?)

2) What are the rebel army/navy spawn chance numbers on unmodded version 1.5/1.6 or so? I changed them a while back and can't remember where I dropped my backup of the file...came up with a more low-impact solution, so now I want to change them back to "normal".
    brigand_spawn_value 10
    pirate_spawn_value 12

That comes from the strat file of my BI v1.6. Hope that helps