Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran's Empire Campaign AI

Default Re: Bran's Empire Campaign AI

Thanks. Not to seem dumb, but what does setting the ultra (3) do? I know what setting the multiplier to 1.5 / 1.6 does.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Ultra is the max unit scale in the vanilla game 160 men per unit and multiplier x1.6 gives you 256 per unit. Anything bigger you can get pathfinding problems on the battle map and lag. I think 1.5 is good if your PC and video card can handle it. 1.3 multiplier is the lowest I would go though.

Thanks

Patrician

UPDATE: New trigger events, bigger AI armies. uploaded to post 1

Ive been going through your thread/project since the start. Your AI mod is really working for and its the best AI I prefer particular for the the campaign map AI and its empire building capabilities. I always wanted all my enemies strongest as possible. So far Prussia as taken over central europe and parts of North Africa. Sweden Has taken over the southern states of America, US is invading Prussian Controlled Africa, France is losing a Massive Invasion from the United Provinces, Austria has a massive scattered Army invading territories in all theaters, Britain is still calmly a the mightiest empire other than my Savoy.

Had to say thanks for the great mod and updates sir.

Would you say this mod makes the AI more realistic or just funner to play with? I'm after realism here. Do they react to your movements on the map more realisticly than Darthmod, or more arcade-like?

is this mod compatible with the IS mod?

Patrician

UPDATE: New trigger events. Post 1.
    Terryn I would say more realistic and funner and it is not arcade.
    Dicer- I do not know if is cause I have not used it with that mod. You can replace or add these files to that mod and see what it does. You will get a better battle experience that is for sure. Campaign is hard.

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

I suggest that you number the diff versions ,like 1, BR AI 1, 2 etc. so that who reads can be sure he has to download the new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    Always updates should be at the start of the thread in the OP. That's how - in your version- one downloads the OP file and then replaces it with completely same file from the last post, which is unnecessary double work. But I hope your campaign AI is good, got to test it. Don't want to sound negative
    Yes I do agree. Just post a changelog and give the updated versions of the mod with a new version number every time like v1.01 or 1.02, etc... Please don't name it the same thing every time. Its more understandable to the people in the forums this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    This is a record of all updates so people can choose what version they want and people can comment and report on various versions. Ok got that Dracula. If you play this then report your results about CAI behavior and BAI. Thank you.
    You acknowledged his helpful advice but you have not heeded it.

Quote Originally Posted by irish437 View Post
    Going to try the newest version out soon. Can you get AI European Powers to invade India?
    Use Darthmod startpos if you want the europeans to have Indian provinces at start, like historical.

Patrician

There is only one uploaded file and that is in the first post. It is dated. It delete the old file every time and upload the new one in its stead.

so no body knows if this works with the IS mod ?

There is only one uploaded file and that is in the first post. It is dated. It delete the old file every time and upload the new one in its stead.
    Didn't want to use formatting in the OP to make it apparent what date the file is?

Then you have the nerve to go over to another AI campaign thread and tell people to try your's instead. Don't get you, honestly.

Patrician

terryn-How do you do the formatting? Have anything constructive to say about the mod? Any feed back is welcome. Oh there is nothing wrong with suggesting people try this for themselves.

terryn-How do you do the formatting? Have anything constructive to say about the mod? Any feed back is welcome. Oh there is nothing wrong with suggesting people try this for themselves.
    Bran, have you been able to get Britain and France to invade India? Thanks.

Bran, is your BAI better, than in DMUC 7.0/8.0? I need the best BAI for my modded DMUC 6.2 I play with 40 unit armies and 300-400 men per unit. Darth BAI is not good.

and how you had fixed ottoman turn bug? Which directory in the file is bug fix?

Patrician

koto797 I do believe the BAI works very well indeed yes,you will have an interesting experience-play hard/hard. Just try it and see. Ottoman bug is fix is incorporated in campaign ai personalities file and it is modded in. Ottoman bug is do to spamming too many armies and getting clogged up at Constantinople. Take that city out and the problem will go away.