Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran's Empire Campaign AI

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Bran's Empire Campaign AI

Indeed - and yes, they certainly did! What surprised me even more is that (so far) they've held Paris as far as I've got with the campaign (summer 1712) - not an easy thing to do when strong rebel forces tend to emerge. I'm afraid the image doesn't show much, as Venice has no units in France:

So your AI continues to generate impressive surprises.

Unfortunately, the time taken for each Ottoman turn has increased to 10 minutes or more - maybe I've just been unlucky. Obviously, if there is anything further that you can do to remedy this in the AI, that would be great. At least, in this campaign, Venice is already at war with the Ottoman Empire, so (if the war goes well) this shouldn't be a problem indefinitely.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Well I have done everything to kill that bug so It it up to you to take Istanbul and end it It is a map problem that the units get stuck there a problem CA never fixed and they could have done it but they are ass hats.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Fair enough - yes, I have read that it's a problem with the map. (Too many Ottoman units trying to cross the land bridge by Istanbul, I think - and no way to remove or move the land bridge, unfortunately). On to Istanbul!

[Edit] On the way to Istanbul, I took the port town of Thessaloniki (Thessalonica), thinking that this could help reduce the turn bug (since this is the Ottoman Empire's trade hub). Unfortunately, the Ottoman turn jumped to over 70 minutes (!) - in fact, I don't know how long it would have taken, as I shut down the game after that amount of time. It's a real shame, as I was enjoying the campaign a lot.
    Last edited by Alwyn; August 03, 2014 at 08:18 AM.

Bran your mod makes any change to the way your allies behave? In the vanilla Empire allies never helped me... They stood always in their home regions without coming with me to war. For example, being Russia and attacking Sweden in San Petersbourg alone was really hearthbraking because Courland was my ally and they were at war with Sweden. What I mean is that in the original game the allies were always very static so have you done any change to that issue?

Patrician

gangster -yes they do help.

Patrician

UPDATE: new diplomatic settings, allies will be stay loyal longer=more dependable. Post one all versions.

Hello, Bran! Thanks for mod! Should I start a new campaign after installation for better CAI?

Patrician

Yes.

It is possible to "force" other factions to make peace beetwen each other from time to time?

Patrician

If you have allies that have a common enemy at war and you make peace with that enemy, then that can cause your allies to make peace too.

I thought about some changes in diplomacy settings which make peace treaties between AI more often than once in 25 years. AI usually try to completely destroy enemy but even if do nothing, dont make peace. I tried to search something but only things I found are: WAR_AND_PEACE in campagin_ai_manager_behaviour_junctions tables; four positions in campagin_ai_personality_junctions_tables, starting with BAWP_WEIGHTING and WAR_AND_PEACE_MANAGER_PROPORTION_OF_REQUIRED_FORCES_TO_START_WAR. The main problem is that these all positions seem to be responisble rather for war, not for peace.

Patrician

War and Peace set to 1000 or less.

It really helped. There is still a lot of wars but sometimes AI make peace eatch other. Thank you.

How to revert the fatigue changes this mod makes? I dislike how units get tired super fast.

Patrician

UPDATE: New fatigue settings so units at idle recover more, new regional defense behavior that is better balanced, better tech research for factions. All versions post one.

Could you tell me which tables are responsible for BAI? I made a lot of changes and now I have problem with 'chicken dance' and with melee bug. What is important - battle_entites_tables and groupformations.bin werent changed and when I run your orginally version with all my other mods there was a lot better, so additional mods aren't problem.

Patrician

KV_Fatigue, KV_Morale, KV_Rules, Battle_Entities, Projectiles_Tables, Unit_Movement_Modifiers_table, Unit_Stats_Land.

Hey Bran, I think I've found a bug, although it's maybe my mod setup, although none of my mods affect AI. I can't get navies to move between theatres and I can only get units to disembark in ports, (which sort of adds immersion I guess haha) but the not being able to change theatres is odd. Any ideas?

Scratch that, it's just agents and the navies/theatres that don't work, armies disembark fine. Really great so far, wish I had found this sooner.

Patrician

I have not seen that bug so no - I have not a clue way that should be. Are you using any other mods?