Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Bran's Empire Campaign AI

Default Re: Bran's Empire Campaign AI

Hello, Bran!

I have been trying your mod and its a great fun! However, I thought it only changes the AI, but it seems to also change the unit stats, most notably the range and the ability to hit (the soldiers are dying much less from shooting). It also somehow increased my profit from trade so much I can shower with gold...I am using your basic mod. Is there a way or a version of your mod, that only changes AI (campaign, battle, diplomacy, etc,...) and not the unit stats and income?
    "When your opponent fears you, then's the moment when you give the fear its own rein, give it the time to work on him. Let it become terror. The terrified man fights himself. Eventually, he attacks in desperation. That is the most dangerous moment, but the terrified man can be trusted usually to make a fatal mistake."

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

NEW: REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT/HARD ECONOMY- MONEY WILL BE TIGHT.
    Post #5

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

I've realized on hard mode as GB in the first few turns you easily be dragged into continental European wars as my only ally left is The Netherlands while France and Iroquois attacked my Thirteen Colonies and also been attacked by the Huron not just that the pirates have been ravaging the seas too wow this has been crazy fun on hard mode. It really feels like the Seven Years Wars though as France is actually building lots of stacks in New France and moving towards New England and fighting off other Native American Nations at the same time probably the best AI mode ever made for ETW.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Bran Mac Born

I suggest that you use husserlTW's Easy Launcher tool and create a sub-mod compilation with all the archives you have uploaded in this thread.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

I installed your AI mod and started a new campaign with Maratha this time. The first thing I notice was about the line infantry that Maratha has, which are two types of a line infantry.

Bargir Line Infantry - 120
    Hindu Line Infantry - 110

I don't think the rest of the stats of these line infantry matters. But I wonder if the range of the Hindu Infantry is accurate or is it intentional?

I forgot to ask if the Bargir Line Infantry has the fire by rank drill or not, because in vanilla they don't use the fire by rank firing drill. Which I find to be odd since they're heavily influenced of European military thinking.

I don't know if this is intentional or not, but it looks like a bug to me since the first one doesn't describe what it means.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170516230437_1.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	631.1 KB 
ID:	345405
    Last edited by Leonardo; May 16, 2017 at 04:14 PM.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

6mike161's Avatar Laetus

I had tried Bran's Campaign AI with Minor Factions Revenge it doesnt work it screws up the translations and it crashes on the ottomans turn

Patrician

6mike 161- You cannot use this mod with a mod that changes the campaign or battle AI. This is for the vanilla game or unit add on packs. You should try out Bran Battle Ai mod and see if it works with MFR mod as that mod has problems with BAI.

6mike161's Avatar Laetus

I was doing it in response to an earlier post where he was wondering if it was compatible with MFR so i wanted to see

6mike161's Avatar Laetus

It turns out the campaign version of your mod DOES work with MFR i just need to use the launcher instead of steam

How do I install this?

I used 7zip to extract the RAR file and get a single PACK file.

Is this correct?

edit - I've put the PACK file into data but my unit size is the same (dl'd ++ version and started new game).
    Last edited by Primative1; July 29, 2017 at 06:33 AM.
    "I should like to see...the last king strangled with the guts of the last priest"

Hi i was using the mass fire mod with imperial destroyer but it crashed after the second turn, how can i fix it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Primative1 View Post
    How do I install this?

I used 7zip to extract the RAR file and get a single PACK file.

Is this correct?

edit - I've put the PACK file into data but my unit size is the same (dl'd ++ version and started new game).
    IIRC just make sure you use the correct version (one needs to be added to the user.script file and the other doesn't need to do anything) and extract the mod pack, set to movie, into the same folder as the vanilla files are then launch ETW and see the result for yourself in-game.

How exactly do the stat bonuses from buildings such as the Drill School work? I haven't noticed an increase in my units' stats both on campaign and during battle, or at least not the amount stated.

Bran, could you do a version of this mod only changing campaign/battle ai but not changing any unit stat? I mean, a mod only changing the ai. Thank you very much. It's because I have a modified version of Imperial Splendour and it changes unit stats...

Patrician

8907654738- The first file on post one is the one you want.

I tried the Total War Slaughter version (TWS) and it works, it doesn't make my game crash . Thank you for doing all these mods for us! By the way, could I ask you a few questions? How many turns should I wait to see full stack armies? Do pirates raid coasts with the TWS version? What's the difference between the first version and the TWS version?

By the way, sorry for talking about a NTW topic on the ETW section, but I tried your music mod for NTW, using the MoE mod, and it indeed changes the menu music but strangely I hear the ETW's Native American battle music during battles. Also all factions have English voices for units. I think that it's a compatibility issue with MoE. Bran, would you like to do a compatible version of your music mod for MoE? Thank you very much

Patrician

8907654738- 5-10 turns, pirates raid islands,TWS more aggressive AI bigger armies tougher AI opponents on higher difficulty diplomacy AI will get to war faster., did you remove the MoE music pack file? All the music is replaced in my music mod-there is no vanilla music left.

Hello Bran !
    Do you have any version of Campaign ONLY AI ? The current files include your BAI which is nice but causing huge lags on my poor MacBook Air and are not playable even with vanilla unit multiplier. I really love your CAI with huge armies so for now I'm using it while auto-resolving battles, but I would be so happy to play it without BAI

Thanks anyway for your work on Empire & Napoleon, I really appreciate it
    Last edited by Aerys IV le Grand; January 16, 2018 at 02:56 PM.

Patrician

Aerys IV- Here is you special version.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I can't thank you enough !