Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran's Empire Campaign AI

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Bran's Empire Campaign AI

UPDATE: New campaign ai behaviour and campaign ai personalities and campaign variables tables. Post one.
    Indeed that was a mistake Alwyn corrected in new file. As to the recruitment I think that is indeed the problem is with AUM mod.

Sixt's Avatar Civis

the ottoman bug is killing my game right now, hope you find a solution for it...

Patrician

UPDATE: Test fix for Ottoman turn bug-lowered spending priorities for non-euro factions and upped the construction priorities and add campaign ai personalities table, changed defensive priorities. All versions. Post one.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Thank you. For what it's worth, I tried the previous (16 July) version in a Malta campaign. By 1708, the AI turn took 8 minutes; it then dropped to 3 minutes (as if the changes that you made were fighting back against the bug) before increasing again. I look forward to trying the new version.

[Edit] I was happy to see that the Barbary pirates raided French and Spanish ports - it added to the drama of unfolding events and I think that was something which you intended to happen with a recent update. The campaign continued to be unpredictable in enjoyable ways.
    Last edited by Alwyn; July 20, 2014 at 05:19 AM.

Now i finishd my campaign with france, no problems with ottoman.
    bugreport:
    There is something wrong with the army buildings, military academy-> army board -> army staff college. The army board got no bonus for new units. For the MA you get line lvl1 -> AB lvl0 -> ASC is lvl2.
    Just for france i suggest a change for the engineer school. After building this you can only recruit 3or6pd cavalary artillery and 4 units of 18pd guard cav.art. and 4 units of 24pd guard art. means you cannot recruit normal units like 16or24pd cannons. Since france already got a military reduction with a lower number of cav, i suggest a change to set the recruit number to 0(=inv)
    Also, the french elite "Maison du Roi" are only 160 men instead of 220or240 like every other elite unit. I have seen this for the swedish and french light units too (just 80 men)

Patrician

UPDATE: Fixed typos in units stats tables, changed caps on most units, fixed bonus stats military buildings, engineer school gets military research points and recruitment points. Post one.

Bran what happens if I play in very hard campaign? I've started with the Ottoman Empire and in 3 years Austria, Russia, Poland, Venice and Georgia have conquered 4 territories! It's spectacular how the AI now make great moves to conquer but I think that maybe it's overpowered or cheated! Should I restart the campaign and put it in Hard or if I continue maybe I can counter-attack? The AI gets so much bonusses in Very Hard? And one last thing, I've noticed that now units have a ver poor accuracy rate, is this a modification you've made for all the units or only the Ottoman ones? Because when a line of 200 men stands in front of one of my Israelys units (the standard at the start of the Ottomans) the first round of shots only kill 1 one of them... any advice to this? Thanks, it's a great improvement this mod!!!

Patrician

Gangster 19- If you want a slower paced game play on normal campaign settings and very hard battle settings. The inaccuracy of shots is correct. One it is a reflection of the reality of the weapons of the time period. Two I wanted to make the battles last longer so the AI and the play could manouver on the field of battle and flank.

Ok thanks! I'll carry on with my Ottoman campaign it's a really tough challenge but that's what I was searching! Thanks a lot!

PD: I see that you're Scottish, is there any mod to play as Scotland or it's only for Napoleon TW? Thanks!

Patrician

gangster- nope, also new musket velocities are more accurate at closer range-so blast away.

Bran I've reached 1720 with the Ottoman Empire but I've left the campaign... it's completely impossible to mantain the regions!!! Venice, Austria and Georgia have captured almost all my home regions and I only have left Syria and Mesopotamia. It's the first time playing Empire that I leave a campaign (well if I wouldn't leave it I'd lose all the regions for sure...). The main problem is that Venice, Austria and Georgia have created a large ammount of full stack armies (I've fighted 8 of Venice, 5 of Austria and 4 of Georgia) and the naval invasions are fast and agressive (Venice has captured Anatolia, Palestine and Egypt with that landings...). Well that's not a problem, that was what I was searching for and you made a great job, the AI looks almost human... or overhuman!!! I think that my error was to start de campaign difficulty in very hard. Does that make the regions that don't belong to the player overpowered??? What craps me is that I can only afford a 2 full stack armies... and I get in bankrupt... so I can't recruit more until they destroy my armies and all the time I conquer and I have to retire, create army untill it's destroyed and retire...

AI doesn't give a break and for the Ottomans it's worse that for any other nation because until the middle of the game you really don't have any units to equal the europeans so the early invasions are unstoppable. Do you recommend me start a new campaign in hard/normal campaign difficulty or it'll be the same? I feel bad because I love the way that the other nations behave in your mod, but I'm simply not as good as that XD

gangster19, I agree that this mod makes the AI almost human (it's one of the things that I like about it).

When I tried playing as Venice on hard campaign difficulty, I found it too difficult to defend my small republic from my AI opponents. I started a new campaign on normal difficulty (still using this mod). Even on normal campaign difficulty (and hard battles), it's a challenging campaign. Venice is defending itself against Austria, the Italian States and the Ottoman Empire. (I'm writing an AAR about this campaign; there's a link in my signature, if anyone is interested).

You asked Bran whether it would be worth re-starting on hard/normal campaign difficulty. For what it's worth, I'm finding playing on normal more manageable than the previous hard campaigns - and still very enjoyable - so I suggest having a go at a hard/normal campaign. You mentioned that you can only afford 2 full stack armies in your very hard campaign; I believe that the campaign difficulty level makes a significant difference to the cost of both buildings and units.
    Last edited by Alwyn; July 29, 2014 at 04:18 PM.

Patrician

Indeed that is what I was aiming at with these settings for the player to be on the ropes and have a challenge. Gangster -I would indeed start over at Normal campaign difficulty and make trade treaties and alliances with as many countries as you can. Gift them to keep them off your back. Trade is the key-make as much money as possible and then you can make more armies.

Thanks for the advices! After playing this mod I cannot find myself playing Empire without it so tomorrow I'll restart the Ottoman campaign in normal difficulty

Hi Bran, i started an ottoman campaign to test everything with this faction.
    bugreport: Ottoman can recruit special janissary in kairo/egypt. But these got normal stats (160men), they are also slightly weaker than the normal. (i forgot to mention that france Regiments Etrangers are still 160men)
    Like in every other campaign i play, austria and prussia didnt managed to get into the midgame, my next campaign is going to be prussia to see if something is wrong there or they just been unlucky.

Excellent AI! Is there anything I could do to help with it? Any factions or scenarios I could test?

Patrician

Dog Day- see if there is different Battle Ai behavior when using Normal, Hard or Very Hard Battle settings. It seems to me that on very hard the the Ai likes to melee more. Also look to see if France and Austria make it past 1750.

You asked for reports on whether France and Austria make it past 1750. For what it's worth, in my current Venice campaign, Paris fell to a British army in 1710. The French are holding on in Alsace-Lorraine. Austria have just four regions, but their Prussian allies have taken Warsaw from Poland-Lithuania and an Austrian army is advancing against the Ottomans in Serbia.
    Last edited by Alwyn; August 02, 2014 at 06:30 AM.

Hey Bran is there any way to restore the original morale values?

Patrician

gangster why?
    Alywn-Britain took Paris? that is Great as Britian usually just sits on is hands and never invades the continent.