Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Bran's Empire Campaign AI

Default Re: Bran's Empire Campaign AI

I replaced both MoE's music file and MoE's sound file, and put yours first in the user.script file.

Hi
    I don't see any download link. Can you help me out here?
    Your mod might be exactly what I am desperately looking for!

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Tempestora View Post
    Hi
    I don't see any download link. Can you help me out here?
    Your mod might be exactly what I am desperately looking for!

Thx
    Post 1 see attached files at the bottom of post. Hope you have fun.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Icon1 Re: Bran's Empire Campaign AI

NEW: REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT/OTTOMAN BUG REDUCTION Non European factions will focus on their economies and buildings and less on making mass troops.

Reduction in AI value time analysis to speed up turns. see POST #7

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Thanks, Bran, for your new Regional Development/Ottoman Bug Reduction version of this mod (in post 7).

Using Empire Total Factions and this new version of your Campaign AI mod, I've had a very challenging start to a United States campaign beginning in 1700. Britain and the Thirteen Colonies (except for New England, which I control) both declared war on the US fairly early on. Britain assembled a full-stack expeditionary army in England and sailed it to attack New England by 1710, which is seriously impressive - I don't see anything like that usually. (I know that it came from Britain because it included Line Infantry, not Colonial Line Infantry). Then France declared war on the US and launched a full-stack naval invasion from Quebec in 1713! A French army of colonial troops landed in Maine, took Falmouth and are heading south towards Boston. On both the campaign map map and battlefield, I'm enjoying the aggressive attacking which the AI is doing.

There is one downside. Even with the Ottoman Bug Reduction version of your mod, the Ottoman turn took 90 seconds by 1711; by 1714, it was taking four and half minutes (and the Poland-Lithuania turn before it took over a minute). While turn times of that length are not a big problem, if AI turns continue to get longer then sadly the campaign will become unplayable.

It would be brilliant if it was possible to see a similar level of AI aggression without Ottoman turn times getting longer. I wonder if if would be possible to make a Regional Development/Hard Economy/Ottoman Bug Reduction version, in the hope that the hard economy and the other actions which you used would combine to prevent the Ottoman turn bug?
    Last edited by Alwyn; April 28, 2018 at 10:05 AM.

Patrician

Alwyn- Will make a version of that-You test it out and give some feedback-will be save game compatible. thnx.

Patrician

NEW: REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT/OTTOMAN BUG REDUCTION/HARD ECONOMY Non European factions will focus on their economies and buildings and less on making mass troops. POST #8

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Thanks Bran! I have been playing a new United States campaign on Hard from 1700, with your new Regional Development/Ottoman Bug Reduction/Hard Economy version. I have continued to see the impressive AI aggression on both campaign map and battlefield, so I'm enjoying the exciting and challenging game-play which your mod offers.

I've played until 1715 so far and there is no sign, so far, of the Ottoman turn bug. That's encouraging, because I previously reported on a similar campaign (with the previous Regional Development/Ottoman Bug Reduction version) where I saw the Ottoman turn bug emerging by 1711. Of course, I don't know whether the whole campaign will remain bug-free or not - and this is just one campaign. When I have played more of this campaign, I'll report again.

Is their any chance you could create a new flag and remake Prussia into the German Empire?

the main problem with ai is charging your line infantry while they are firing this mod improves alot thank you but can you tell me which version would make the ai less likely to just charge your line and fire at you ?

Patrician

Volley Fire ++ version

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

does this mod work with other mods or it interferes with mods cai?

Patrician

Sir Aggelos- do not use it with another campaign ai mod. Besides this is the best anyhow

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Besides this is the best anyhow
    You're damn right it is.

I've compared a LOT of AI mods, and yours is the overall best. What stands out in particular is the stack merging behavior of AI nations, as well as their strong tendency to support you with troops if you are allied and close by. Makes the AI seem more human and decisive.

The battle AI also features more possible tactics to use than other mods, which is awesome.
    Try my ETW mods: Interface Enhancement Mod

Hi Bran,

Awesome mod, just wondering if the Ottoman bug version in post #8 also includes the recommended volley fire ++ version as well?

Patrician

NEW: VOLLEY FIRE ++/OTTOMAN BUG REDUCTION post 7

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    NEW: VOLLEY FIRE ++/OTTOMAN BUG REDUCTION post 7
    You're a machine, thank you!

Hi Bran,

First of all I'd like to thank you for your work - this superbmod and also for your nice attitude towards the fanbase. That's really something and I don't think that I could play empire without your AI

Could you possibly add you mod (maybe with submods like OR, VF++ etc) on Empire mod db page? Mod would be much easier to find and download (registration won't be needed) at moddb, it would probably gain more publicity, as it clearly deserves it.

I'm currently playing as Austria and I'm concerned about two things about AI. Some factions (like Venice and Sweden) seem stuck like they don't know what to do next, where to send their armies. Here is a screenshot depicting several strong armies of Sweden just standing near capital and never invading. Venice has similiar problem - as far as I know, historically Venetians should be busy fighting african pirates and Turks, but they amass large armies that just stand idly. They sent a ship with full stack to the Baltic shore (interesting) but they won't disembark and attack. On the other hand, Dagestan is extremely aggresive toward Russia (they took 3 regions from them) and it keep sending invading armies, I wish Sweden was so active (should Dagestan be able to recruit european line infantry? that's probably why they beat Russians).

My second thought is India - Goa (Portuguese) and Ceylon (Dutch). They seem to fall in every campaign I play, Goa especially when it get's invaded by Marathas. As far as I know Portugal never tries to recapture it or venture further into continent. Maybe something can be done about it? From logical point of view, small countries like Portugal and United Provinces will have a very hard time expanding in Europe, but much higher chances to succeed in Americas or in India, so they should develop their colonies and provides troops to keep them (as they are wealthy). I'd love to see Portuguese and Dutch trying to expand in colonies, maybe even rivaling with Spain and Britain.

Lastly, I would be amazed to see an ,,pure AI'' version of your mod, as someone earlier suggested. I'm not against morale/accuracy&firepower tweaks, but I prefer somewhat faster battles, where I could actually feel the rising power of the firearms. In my France playthrough I was really struggling when fighting with North American natives and 99% battles ended in melee, as musket fire was too weak to stop the enemy. What's the point of having modern line infantry or specialized units like couriers de bois if they can kill from 2 to 4 natives in a close range salvo? I'm not an expert on that matter, but I think that modern army should win in an open field battle with cherokees when balance power is even, 1:1. I come from Poland, a country where many people are ''obsessed'' with polish (winged or not) hussars, that were indeed very good cavalry, often capable of winning over more numerous enemy... but even those highly skilled and armored hussars lost many battles in XVIII century because they weren't able to withstand musket fire (they were obsolete in the times of Empire) - the charges that worked 50 years earlier would not succeed in the Battle of Kliszów in 1702. When one hundred line infantry fires at charging cavalry at close range I would expect at least 5-15 loses, but currently it's more like 3. This is the only one thing where I prefer vanilla Empire, so I'd love to see stronger musket fire.

Keep up the good work!

Patrician

NEW: CAMPAIGN AI ONLY VERSION/NO BAI SEE POST #4
    UPDATED ALL TOTAL WAR SLAUGHTER VERSIONS POST#3 AI WILL ATTACK WITH MORE STACKS.

SagesTW-You need to be playing the VolleyFire++version or the Slaughter Version Volley fire versions- you will destroy rushing attacks on your line. Try those.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; October 16, 2018 at 10:34 PM.

Is there a ++ version with the Ottoman Bug fix but without the Volley Fire? By the way, thanks so much for the mod, Bran!