Thread: 217bc Ctd

Default 217bc Ctd

Can't advance beyond 217BC Winter. Playing as the Romans. BI not installed, but using Platnium (1.5) Version.

I think there was a thread related to this on the old forums, but i cant access that anymore.

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: 217bc Ctd

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTaco
    Can't advance beyond 217BC Winter. Playing as the Romans. BI not installed, but using Platnium (1.5) Version.

I think there was a thread related to this on the old forums, but i cant access that anymore.

Thanks in advance!
    AFAIK there is no known issue with that year date. So, its not from any event or anything that occurs in 217 BC. I`ve looked in the descr_events and there`s nothing wrong there. Anyway, RTRPE v1.6 is the last version that has been released and pretty soon RTRPE v1.7 will be released. There are some errors that have been fixed in v1.6. For example there is/are one/two typo in the descr_events file and the game crashes when you reach that date, but they occur in 130 and 134 BC IIRC.
    Now, regarding your problem. Try running the game with toggle_fow and the -show_err command.
    For toggle fow command you have to hit " ~ " while in game to bring down the console and then type "toggle_fow". Hit enter. You will now see the whole map. Hit end turn and whatch where does the CTD occur.
    For the show err see this post on how to edit the target of your desktop shortcut:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showp...&postcount=102
    What it does is that sometimes(not always) you`ll get an error message. If you get it please tell me what it says.

Also, please tell me if you have:
    1. installed other mods on top of RTRPE
    2. made modifications to any file

Tried toggle_fow, no effect. Crash seems to occur between Autosave and other units moving.
    Also, the err message did not appear.
    No to both questions

also, when i said 1.5, i ment the version of RTW. I'm using the latest RTRPE

Sadly this seems to be a problem with this awsome mod. I have had two Greek campaigns ruined by the autosave CTD bug. Nothing I did would solve the issue, I even went back a few turns and it still CTD on the turn. I can't even bring myself to start another Greek campaign... :tacticalw

Quote Originally Posted by King_Azzole
    Sadly this seems to be a problem with this awsome mod. I have had two Greek campaigns ruined by the autosave CTD bug. Nothing I did would solve the issue, I even went back a few turns and it still CTD on the turn. I can't even bring myself to start another Greek campaign... :tacticalw
    Care to elaborate? I mean what exactly do you think this "autosave" bug consists of?

Quote Originally Posted by florin80
    Care to elaborate? I mean what exactly do you think this "autosave" bug consists of?
    I am just specifying that both Greek campaigns I have started, they both were ended by this bug. When I hit end turn before it even hits the AI's turn the game crashes. Nothing I do can stop the bug from occuring. I even backed up a few turns on my second campaign ( I was keeping extra saves to make sure I could avoid this should it occur again ) and that still failed to stop the crash. I got no error report. The game simply crashes at the end turn and the campaign is over. I am using no mods except for PE and a few of the addons.

The error occurs in 255 BCE Winter. Windows gives me the following reason for the crash:

"C:\DOCUME~1\J\LOCALS~1\Temp\a911_appcompat.txt"