Thread: Request for Permission

Default Request for Permission

I've been working on a mod of my own (see my sig for details), and right now I'm adding new units to the game. So far I've secured permission from Broken Crescent and have implemented many of their units, so I was looking to use some of your units in my mod for the Scandinavian and Baltic areas (my mod features the Curonians as a faction).

Of course, I completely understand if this is not possible.

I would have sent a PM but I was not sure who were still active posters here.

Regards,

Rhy

Default Re: Request for Permission

Well, this seems to be very good idea!
    I really like the idea of Kings bastard sons.
    If you are going to implement Curonians i suggest to add more units because this mod's start is about 800 y but yours is 1073, I suggest to implement units from Baltic crusades: total war or Lithuania mod: total war, like Curonian raiders or Curonian nobles as elite infantry.

Wish you luck!

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Hi! Your mod is great, I enjoy it very much, when I played it. Now I'm making a submod for Westeros TW, and 3-4 of your unit models will be very useful for me - to make them as wildlings and smallfolk rabble. I'll mark your ownership on them in credits if you'll give me a permission. Thanks for attention.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

you may use my units all you want, though i can not say for those made by Ulfhedin or others.
    i am not sure if Ulf made any other unit than those carrying beer barrels, bellonging to Holmgard faction i think.
    there are also some unit belloning to Kuronian(baltic) faction that seem to be made by or based on MADTAO. i can not safely say who to ask for those.
    i did make some units for Hæme(Finland) and Sami mercenaries that i tried to keep within the MadTao style, you may also use those.
    my production is the overal Scandinavian roster and anything to do with the Franks.
    i did make the base for the Slavic roster, but it was mainly compiled and expanded by Heathen Storm.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

your units are one of the best maded in medieval total war II modding,thanks for making them

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Hi WOTN Team, there are a handful of units that would still fit into my 13th century Scottish, may i use them please. I understand it has been a while since this has been looked at. I will most certainly give all credit where due

Quote Originally Posted by The Border Reiver View Post
    Hi WOTN Team, there are a handful of units that would still fit into my 13th century Scottish, may i use them please. I understand it has been a while since this has been looked at. I will most certainly give all credit where due
    you can at least use my units.
    that would be most of the Scandinavian roster, except a couple units made by Úlfhéðinn. also the Franks and their Saxon mercenaries/subjects were made by me, though they probably have some shield made by leif_erikson.
    i made the basis for the Slavic units, but they were assembled by Heathen Storm.
    the Baltic units i recognize as originaly made by MADTAO, but i am unsure if anyone else has tinkered with them also.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

waveman's Avatar Decanus

Hello, I really like the way your units look. I was wondering if I could use them as well?
    Thanks

My AARs/writing: Link
    Letters for writing: þ, ð æ Æ

I would also love to know if i can use units in my submod for sship?

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    I would also love to know if i can use units in my submod for sship?
    Sorry for a late answer, as i wasn't sure what to say:

Just read Absinthias comments above- they still stand, as in you can use his created units -but would need additional permission for those made by others. Most of the Norse roster should be okay except the Vigamenn, which Ulfhedin created. As long as you give credits to Absinthia of course.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; August 02, 2016 at 01:01 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal