Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21 46 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71
Results 1,401 to 1,405 of 1405

Thread: Modding Questions and Help Thread

Maenor's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Modding Questions and Help Thread

Any thread around with some insight in how the Barrack Event works?

Want to add some other units to the event but no clue as to where to look (Or if i already explored the file but didn't realized)

Just general mentions of where to looks for it!

Thanks for any help!!

Maenor's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Goth View Post
    Is it possible to revive a dead faction through scripting?
    My guess is that you would have to make an event of some sorts that checks for the Faction's Units && Settlements on the world, and if they are "dead" just spawn a full uber OP stack of hardened warriors near the original settlement (I.E London for England, Minas Tirith for Gondor, Mithlond for High Elves, etc) for the sake of fun and design you should set a limit for it tho... I personally wouldn't let that happen more than once and only after turn 70 if AI fails again, well bad luck for them.

That's how i would go about it if i knew anything about Total War Modding xP I was actually surprised to find out this wasn't a part of the vanilla mod, since the Silvan Elves went absolutely rogue with everyone in my first dedicated long campaing and i had to exterminate the Orcs of the Misty mountains and make the Dwarves retreat ALL the way to Erebor for them to survive! Only for Rhun to came out of nowhere and wipe them out! I don't like Dwarves but didn't want them to just die for ever. (That campaign was a total disaster lol great memories[High Elves btw])

Hopefully someone with more experience on how this game works can give you a more technical insight.
    Last edited by Maenor; July 09, 2017 at 01:53 AM.

Those are my thoughts too Maenor. I am pretty experienced at modding but not with scripting. I am wondering what the values and commands are to recognize that a faction is dead, then I have a starting point and can experiment with creating a script to spawn a dead faction as a horde or a script to give them a city(simulating a revolt). this would create an extra dimension to the game. I would create scripts that would check if the faction is dead and then allow a revolt to occur only under certain conditions.

To answer your question on the barracks event I think the barracks event just allows you to build the next level of barracks(for example you cant build a tier 3 barracks until the appropriate barracks event has occured even though you meet all other criteria). once the event has occured you can build the barracks and then have access to all the units in that barracks. If you wanted certain units to be available before the barracks event simply copy that unit in export_descr_buildings file and paste it into the earlier barrack listing.(example gondor citadel guard are only available in militia drill square barracks, to make them available earlier copy the entire gondor citadel guard line and paste it under the city watch barracks) to make units available later simply delete the line for the unit you want to be available later.
    Hope this helps

Goth
    Last edited by Goth; July 09, 2017 at 05:07 AM.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Moderation Mentor Citizen

That would do it: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...cluding-hordes

As for any other scripting questions, there are plenty of tutorials in the mod workshop, indexed and all: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...p-Tools#CODING

Well found Iollsuck. Thank so much for that its just what Ive been looking for