Page 62 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1237525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1545

Thread: Modding Questions and Help Thread

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: Modding Questions and Help Thread

Quote Originally Posted by euskingc View Post
    For 2)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?631276

For 1)... I've never looked at the innards of MOS but if I had to guess I'd say there's probably a hidden resource in the export_description_buildings file that is required to upgrade a village into a town, and that in the descr_regions file the regions that they want you to be able to build a town in are given this resource. It's just a guess though. If you want all villages to be able to be built to towns, and my hunch is correct, you'd just change the building requirement for wooden_pallisade so that it doesn't require that hidden resource, and just put that on the next level up of settlement if you want some places to only be built to towns.
    Then those you want to be fully upgradable, you just go back into the descr_regions file and give that hidden resource to the regions you want to be fully upgradable.
    Again, just a guess.
    be warned if you do this for rhosgobel and fangorn they lose their custom settlement IIRC
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Gyugas View Post
    I edited all the population values in descr_strat.txt . But everytime i start a new game to see if the changes are applied the settlements still have a low population (e.g. the castle to the east of isengard still has 300 people at start even though it's 3600 in descr_strat.txt). What am i doing wrong?
    Did you delete map.rwm?
    If you do the new one will regenerate with the new information. If you do not it will use the old one.
    Deleting map.rwm is not necessary for descr_strat, only when making changes in data\world\maps\base.

No idea what the reason is though. It's as if the wrong copy of that file is being edited* or the changes weren't saved.

* the one in data\world\maps\campaign\custom\Fellowship_Campaign perhaps, rather than the one in data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    Deleting map.rwm is not necessary for descr_strat, only when making changes in data\world\maps\base.

No idea what the reason is though. It's as if the wrong copy of that file is being edited* or the changes weren't saved.

* the one in data\world\maps\campaign\custom\Fellowship_Campaign perhaps, rather than the one in data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign?
    imperial_campaign. It's strange. The game must be loading the values from somewhere else because i searched for the value 300 in every file in the TA folder but didn't find anything related to population.

It seems that the value of Isengard (4649) is working. But the rohan castle to the east (Westfold_Province) and the villages to the west aren't. Maybe those settlements aren't listed on a file that apply those effects?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

An you're positive your edits are saved?
    May it be the files have "Read Only" settings, so your edits are not saved?

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Is there a way to give every unit the ability to reinforce while marching? Sort of like general units. I would like just for every unit to gain one or so guys back each turn so I don't have to cycle them back to a city to heal them. This is especially true for elite units that can only be trained in one or two cities.
    Thanks

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSpion View Post
    Is there a way to give every unit the ability to reinforce while marching? Sort of like general units. I would like just for every unit to gain one or so guys back each turn so I don't have to cycle them back to a city to heal them. This is especially true for elite units that can only be trained in one or two cities.
    Thanks
    not possible
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    Seems you're perpetually doomed to correct my misinformation hehe =)

Sorry about that =)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSpion View Post
    Thanks
    I didn't like moving unique units all the way back to Arnor to replenish so I just made a building called supply depot (I made it buildable in only the largest settlements) that lets me replenish but not recruit units.

their recruitment pool in the EDB was just limited to 0.99 so it never quite made it to that 1 whole unit.
    They don't seem to show up on my recruitment tab either: just on the retrain tab if a unit needing retraining is present in the city.

I know that's not quite what you wanted but it's the best I can suggest.

I didn't like moving unique units all the way back to Arnor to replenish so I just made a building called supply depot (I made it buildable in only the largest settlements) that lets me replenish but not recruit units.

their recruitment pool in the EDB was just limited to 0.99 so it never quite made it to that 1 whole unit.
    They don't seem to show up on my recruitment tab either: just on the retrain tab if a unit needing retraining is present in the city.

I know that's not quite what you wanted but it's the best I can suggest.
    Thanks, that will at least help. I may make it buildable everywhere just to save me ages of marching. By chance did the ai take advantage of the building or not?

No idea =)
    Doesn't matter to me either way.

Default How to share unit rosters between factions.

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if there was an easy way to mix and match a few units from different factions. For example, I have he DaC mod and would love to mix and match some of the elven units. Is there any way to do this?

Dylan

Default Re: How to share unit rosters between factions.

Hi dylan',
    this tutorial is for you: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...nother-faction

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Default anyone know how to mix units from differnent factions in custom battle

as the title says I really want to know can I mix units from different factions in custom battle only

Default Re: anyone know how to mix units from differnent factions in custom battle

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_wilson45 View Post
    as the title says I really want to know can I mix units from different factions in custom battle only
    Its a little work, but sure.
    First, get Notepad++ to edit files, it's a freeware: https://notepad-plus-plus.org/
    Always back up any file before you edit it - that is modding rule number one.

Open export_descr_unit.txt in .../mods/Third_Age_3/data
    Look up the unit you want to transfere, and see what models are mentioned in the "armour_ug_models "-line. Example (where the unit has two models):
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    type             Axemen of Lossarnach
    dictionary       Axemen_of_Lossarnach      ; Axemen of Lossarnach
    category         infantry
    class            heavy
    voice_type       Heavy
    banner faction   main_infantry
    banner holy      crusade
    soldier          Varangian_Guard, 60, 0, 1
    officer             gondor_captain_early_flag
    officer             gondor_captain_early_flag
    mount_effect     horse +1, camel +1, elephant -4
    attributes       sea_faring, hide_forest, hardy, can_withdraw, free_upkeep_unit
    formation        1.2, 1.2, 2.4, 2.4, 4, square
    stat_health      1, 3
    stat_pri         8, 6, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, slashing, axe, 50, 1
    stat_pri_attr    ap
    stat_sec         0, 0, no, 0, 0, no, melee_simple, blunt, none, 0, 1
    stat_sec_attr    no
    stat_pri_armour  6, 4, 0, metal
    stat_sec_armour  0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat        2
    stat_ground      0, -1, 0, -2
    stat_mental      13, normal, trained
    stat_charge_dist 15
    stat_fire_delay  0
    stat_food        60, 300
    stat_cost        1, 470, 200, 75, 75, 470, 3, 150
    armour_ug_levels 1, 2
    armour_ug_models lossarnach, lossarnach_ug1 
    ownership        sicily
    era 0            sicily
    era 1            sicily
    era 2            sicily
    recruit_priority_offset    5

These models are those you will edit in battle_models.modeldb as you continue and follow this tutorial: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...nother-faction

Note 1: you do not have to follow the tutorial part that concerns export_descr_buildings.txt

Note 2: The factions in code are named as the M2-originals, so Mordor = england, Dale = scotland etc. Who are sicily in the example then? To know who is who, you can go to data/text and open expanded.txt
    All factions are listed at the top:
    Code:
    ¬ Generated by localisation spreadsheet
    {TIMURIDS}The Fellowship
    {VENICE}Rhûn
    {SICILY}Gondor
    (...)
    And here you see, that sicily = Gondor.

Does anybody know how you would mod a custom settlement to change its custom walls/gates back to vanilla ones?

Also what software would I need to do it? Would hexedit alone suffice, or would I need some kind of 3d modelling software like milkshape/blender?

okay so, for about 1 month i have been trying to get third age total war on my mac. i am using wine and steam. But when i use the exe files all i get are these files: data, icons,preferences, TATW_3_0_unit_stats.xls, TATW.cfg and TATW.bat, Note: i do have file in the data folder and preferences. I think i am missing some files please help i would really like to play this game!

Quote Originally Posted by Lordoftheringer View Post
    okay so, for about 1 month i have been trying to get third age total war on my mac. i am using wine and steam. But when i use the exe files all i get are these files: data, icons,preferences, TATW_3_0_unit_stats.xls, TATW.cfg and TATW.bat, Note: i do have file in the data folder and preferences. I think i am missing some files please help i would really like to play this game!
    Hello, welcome to TWC

This is the "Mac thread", check there and if questions your peers can hopefully help you: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...t-Macs-have-M2

Does anybody know how to toggle random bandit spawns on/off?

hey

i want some help here plz

i do this
    Mansour name the new member in family

relative Al-Zahir, Safiya, Al-Mustansir, Mubarak, Mansour, end
    relative Al-Mustansir, Fatimah, Nasser, end
    relative Mubarak, Zaynab, Moussa, end

but in systemlog.txt have error
    15:48:04.053 [script.err] [error] Script Error in data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2253, column 71
    could not find next child. Children list must be terminated with an end

i delete it and do it again but same error

can anyone help me with this