Page 61 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1136515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1545

Thread: Modding Questions and Help Thread

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: Modding Questions and Help Thread

That means the download is corrupted, as in, you did not got all data or some data got damaged while you downloaded. It is always recomended you do not use the computer while downloading, to make sure.
    What source did you download from, ModDB?

Yeah, been a lot of that lately; someone said ModDB was hacked at a point and files were affected, but was that the case I doubt ModDB would not solved it already, it's one of their most popular mods, naturally.
    Rather I'd guess it's some anti-virus update that is set to warn for files that it's uncertain of, and some of those are apperently in TATW. However, the game created and uploaded by King Kong do not have virus, that 1½ million players over 4 years can certify ^^

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Where do i modify the event that makes isengard be able to train uruk pikemen/fighters? I know that it's in campaign_script.txt but where?

Quote Originally Posted by Gyugas View Post
    Where do i modify the event that makes isengard be able to train uruk pikemen/fighters? I know that it's in campaign_script.txt but where?
    Hello Gyugas, what you're thinking of is the Barrack Event.
    Check the spoiler box under "Q: Why can't I recruit advanced units like Eldar units or Trolls ?" in the FAQ: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...sked-Questions
    (not Saved game-compatible, as far as I can remember so won't apply to a camapign you already begun)

Note: it will unlock the better & elite units for all factions from scratch, so may make things harder for you.

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    That means the download is corrupted, as in, you did not got all data or some data got damaged while you downloaded. It is always recomended you do not use the computer while downloading, to make sure.
    What source did you download from, ModDB?

Yeah, been a lot of that lately; someone said ModDB was hacked at a point and files were affected, but was that the case I doubt ModDB would not solved it already, it's one of their most popular mods, naturally.
    Rather I'd guess it's some anti-virus update that is set to warn for files that it's uncertain of, and some of those are apperently in TATW. However, the game created and uploaded by King Kong do not have virus, that 1½ million players over 4 years can certify ^^
    Yes I downloaded from ModDB. I'm aware that maybe my download was corrupted that's why I downloaded again but still same error.
    I have no doubt that this mod is virus-free as I already played the mod before. That would be the 3rd time I install the mod (different PC) and I always had a problem in the installation, every time it was something different ...

Maybe I should deactivate my anti virus? I'll try it now.

P.S
    Why can't we edit our posts?

The game works

Apparently it was my anti-virus who corrupted the unfamiliar patches so I had to delete all 3 of them and download again.
    Now everything is working yay me! And all who helped me and to all the developers of this great mod!

Yeay! Good news Have great fun now!

Ah yes, anti-v-programs have caused that kind of issue for people in the past, good cath.

You can edit posts once you been a member for a week, and passed 25 posts

Can you close the bat file/command prompt after the game has started?

Love NCAA football? Go here.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

So it would seem.

In DCILA these are the BAT contents...

Code:
    cd ..\.. 
    start kingdoms.exe @mods\DCILA\TATW.cfg
    cd mods\DCILA\ 
    wscript G5BAISwitcher.vbs
    The thing keeping the CMD window open is the last line. If I change it to...

Code:
    cd ..\.. 
    start kingdoms.exe @mods\DCILA\TATW.cfg
    cd mods\DCILA\ 
    start wscript G5BAISwitcher.vbs
    ...then the CMD window self-closes immediately and everything still seems to be running fine, including the G5BAISwitcher.

My TATW (steam) has stoped working some weeks ago. I launch,it runs for 2 seconds and then stops . Anyone know anything ? Should i do a clan reinstalation ?
    Click to check :
    My Youtube channel
    Steam profile :
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006562367/

Resume of my world tournament participations of TW since 2011.
    6 conquests, 9 finals disputed and 13 semi disputed.
    Player with most campaign conquests on TW on legendary.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by foot soldier View Post
    My TATW (steam) has stoped working some weeks ago. I launch,it runs for 2 seconds and then stops . Anyone know anything ? Should i do a clan reinstalation ?
    this is not the place for this but what does the error log in your MTW2 folder/logs folder say just paste it here in a spoiler
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

I've noticed while editing the map on the 4.8 submod that:

battle.txt
    shared.txt
    strat.txt
    tooltips.txt

dont have a corresponding .txt.strings file and aren't producing new ones. Anyone have any idea why that might be or how to fix it?

No related log errors.

Using steam version.

Checked and the other ones are still regenerating.

*UPDATE*

Apparently this is entirely normal. These guys just don't regenerate.
    The solution was simply to use a bin editor to generate a new strings file manually. Does anyone know what bin editors are available out there that do this, or how one would make one?
    Last edited by euskingc; February 10, 2016 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Solved

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

I see that you got your answer in the Workshop.

"4.8" really is not a good way to refer to that submod. It's just the submod's version number - which could change in the future - and there could be other submods at v4.8 sometime, so for anybody reading your posts in the future "4.8" could be meaningless or ambiguous. Not to mention the confusion caused for people thinking that a "TATW 4.8" exists, as happened in your thread. "AP" would be better, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    I see that you got your answer in the Workshop.

"4.8" really is not a good way to refer to that submod. It's just the submod's version number - which could change in the future - and there could be other submods at v4.8 sometime, so for anybody reading your posts in the future "4.8" could be meaningless or ambiguous. Not to mention the confusion caused for people thinking that a "TATW 4.8" exists, as happened in your thread. "AP" would be better, I think.
    Duly noted boss =)

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    this is not the place for this but what does the error log in your MTW2 folder/logs folder say just paste it here in a spoiler
    I understand that English is not your motherlanguage thats why i understand your dificulty in reading .
    Name of topic : "Help Thread"

What am i asking for ? Help .
    Click to check :
    My Youtube channel
    Steam profile :
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006562367/

Resume of my world tournament participations of TW since 2011.
    6 conquests, 9 finals disputed and 13 semi disputed.
    Player with most campaign conquests on TW on legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by foot soldier View Post
    I understand that English is not your motherlanguage thats why i understand your dificulty in reading .
    Name of topic : "Help Thread"

What am i asking for ? Help .
    Well beside the point that he is perfectly correct, this is the thread for folks who want help to create mods (as the title says and as per the OP), while there is an entire subforum dedicated to game support, he did chose to start to help you anyway so why make a fuzz?
    Recommend you go over to the linked subforum and post a thread there with your issue, then those experienced and who might have interest still, can help you solve it; especially ElvenKind who is the master at installation & technical issues of all kinds (but who do not frequent this thread, since he's not into modding).

I edited all the population values in descr_strat.txt . But everytime i start a new game to see if the changes are applied the settlements still have a low population (e.g. the castle to the east of isengard still has 300 people at start even though it's 3600 in descr_strat.txt). What am i doing wrong?

Hello,
    I need some help with modding TATW MOS 1.7.

1) I want to make it so all of the villahes can expand to at least towns. And Some I want to be able to expand all the way. How would I go about doing this?

2) I want to add in the Lorien Marchwardens from DAC to MOS how is that done?

Thanks,
    ~Shadow Spion

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSpion View Post
    Hello,
    I need some help with modding TATW MOS 1.7.

1) I want to make it so all of the villahes can expand to at least towns. And Some I want to be able to expand all the way. How would I go about doing this?

2) I want to add in the Lorien Marchwardens from DAC to MOS how is that done?

Thanks,
    ~Shadow Spion
    For 2)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?631276

For 1)... I've never looked at the innards of MOS but if I had to guess I'd say there's probably a hidden resource in the export_description_buildings file that is required to upgrade a village into a town, and that in the descr_regions file the regions that they want you to be able to build a town in are given this resource. It's just a guess though. If you want all villages to be able to be built to towns, and my hunch is correct, you'd just change the building requirement for wooden_pallisade so that it doesn't require that hidden resource, and just put that on the next level up of settlement if you want some places to only be built to towns.
    Then those you want to be fully upgradable, you just go back into the descr_regions file and give that hidden resource to the regions you want to be fully upgradable.
    Again, just a guess.

I have a question here for everyone else. I noticed that in AP 4.8 and DaC that in the data\terrain\aerial_map\roads folder, there are texture and dds files for stone roads, highways, but not dirt roads, and the highway textures look just like dirt roads. Is this the same in vanilla 3.2?
    And what file tells the mod where to look for these textures and dds files? Can it be changed so I can tell it to look where I want?

What I've noticed in the mod I'm working on is that for highways (and I'm not even certain there were highways in vanilla M2TW), if I add them to a few regions in descr_strat, the highway building will be present in all settlements, but on the stratmap they will only appear for the human player. All AI players receive merely a paved_road, even though in their settlement it clearly says highway.

Now perhaps I broke it. Or perhaps it never worked properly and all those highways down in HARAD only worked as highways if you played as Harad. Does anyone happen to have any insight about this?

EDIT:
    Seems to be no different in vanilla 3.2 TATW. Was it something they did deliberately, and how can it be undone? Or if it was a mistake, how can it be fixed?
    Last edited by euskingc; February 27, 2016 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyugas View Post
    I edited all the population values in descr_strat.txt . But everytime i start a new game to see if the changes are applied the settlements still have a low population (e.g. the castle to the east of isengard still has 300 people at start even though it's 3600 in descr_strat.txt). What am i doing wrong?
    Did you delete map.rwm?
    If you do the new one will regenerate with the new information. If you do not it will use the old one.