Page 4 of 78 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: Modding Questions and Help Thread

Mank's Avatar Dormouse of Hader

Default Re: Modding Questions and Help Thread

OK, well after taking a quick look over your code I can't see anyting that jumps out at me.

Edit: (tools listed not compatible)
    Last edited by Mank; May 08, 2013 at 10:33 PM.

i tired graculs and it starts to load and it gets to checking skeletons then stops

Hrm ok, I've only ever used it on non-TATW related endeavors so it might not be compatible (thought it might be worth a try).

Question: did you add the correct unit text to the "export_units.txt" in your text folder? Didn't see you mention that in your first post...

edit: afterthought- These are javelin units yes? You could also check your descr_projectiles just to be sure there isn't a missing line that frome's added specifically for oroph's units. If this is the case the error should show up in your .log

edit2: The text really shouldn't crash the game, I'm just trying to think of anything that might be missing...
    Last edited by Mank; May 08, 2013 at 09:19 PM.

my log seems to stop here and keep repeating this line

[Error] Model '20 mount_troll_elephant' uses an unknown skeleton type '' (battle_models or descr_skeleton).

for the unit editor log

Oh sorry wasn't specific, not the unit editor log (it seems those tools aren't TATW compatible). Attach your log for M2TW found here: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\logs --> the "system.log" file.

there is nothing in the file

Ok just to be sure open up your TATW.cfg in Notepad ++ (the .cfg is in the main tree of the Third_Age_3 folder)

Make sure you can see this code:

Code:
    [log]
    to = logs/system.log.txt
    ;level = * trace
    level = * error
    *sometimes the .cfg is read-only, if you need to add this code (I doubt you'll need to, this is usually present in all TATW installations) be sure to turn off read-only first, then put it back on afterwards.

If this code is in your .cfg, load up a game then re-produce the crash. It should result in a .log file.

i reported the crash and nothing was is in my log file i check to see if the code was in my file and it was

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

Code:
    [log]
    to = logs/system.log.txt
    ;level = * trace
    level = * error
    just came by to say you might want to change this to the following to find the error

Code:
    [log]
    to = logs/system.log.txt
    level = * trace
    ;level = * error

Hi,

Is there any way to 'force' Gondor to build Osgiliath while playing another faction? Or does any command exist to do the same? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Chromium View Post
    Hi,

Is there any way to 'force' Gondor to build Osgiliath while playing another faction? Or does any command exist to do the same? Thanks!
    There is nothing preventing the AI from building the Huge Stonewall in Osgiliath East and subsequently the Citadel in West. I have never seen them do it though.

It would have to be scripted.

i changed the cgf to that knight of meh but still no log showing up

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Elven Warrior;1,2830695
    i changed the cgf to that knight of meh but still no log showing up
    Do you have the folder logs or Medieval II Total War ​folder opened when starting the game? Least for me that disable the log from being created, by some odd reason.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Do you have the folder logs or Medieval II Total War ​folder opened when starting the game? Least for me that disable the log from being created, by some odd reason.
    Hey Ngugi - how are you today my favourite Moderator /off-topic

Could it be the folder permissions on windows Vista? i.e. if you have installed in /Program Files/

as for program files being windows protected folders being the problem i can't see it stopping the function generally if it was going to stop the function it would do it when you run the .exe file .. but hiding the files from us that is another story

Quote Originally Posted by King Philip II View Post
    Could it be the folder permissions on windows Vista? i.e. if you have installed in /Program Files/
    i read that and thought does virtual store affect game logs ? anyone know serious question here

Quote Originally Posted by knight of meh View Post
    as for program files being windows protected folders being the problem i can't see it stopping the function generally if it was going to stop the function it would do it when you run the .exe file .. but hiding the files from us that is another story

i read that and thought does virtual store affect game logs ? anyone know serious question here
    Is the virtual store issue not the same as what I mentioned?

yes and no , changing permissions is the solution to the virtual store issue not the issue itself .

and from what you wrote i thought you meant that because it was a protected folder that could cause a problem , you know those folders where you get the "do you want to allow changes to these files" messages when you try to do something .

anyways i got there in the end , my question still stands though does anyone know for sure if virtual store hides the logs?? because that could be happening here ...

Ahh - gotcha, thanks for clarifying that.

Not sure if virtual store hides the logs. I would ask Gigantus if I were you.

no the game files are not open but i will try again. if it helps i bought my copy of medieval total war off steam