Page 30 of 78 FirstFirst ... 520212223242526272829303132333435363738394055 ... LastLast

Thread: Modding Questions and Help Thread

Default Re: Modding Questions and Help Thread

Mhaedros, you're a hero. *brofist*

I converted the .text to a DDS using DXT, but my Milkshape still instantly crashes : /

And by DDS I mean .tga.

Okay I found a format that works. Now I'm having trouble moving the selection matrix where I need it because I can't seem to scroll down in the texture editor.
    Last edited by Jmonstra; January 05, 2014 at 07:35 PM.

It works! Behold!

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...C4CEFBF371A81/

Now I just have to figure out how to get the scabbard to stop floating around.

Axis Sunsoar's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    What exactly have you done and tried to do?
    Do the log tell you something useful?

If not, on a hunch; you've the descr_strat I take it? Can you attach the file?
    Sorry it took so long to get back to you on this. Literally all I've done so far is replaced Thengel's name with Eomers, I haven't changed any traits or anything else. As far as the actual file goes, I've deleted it and am using the clean copy I made so I can actually play the game.

So I'm having a new issue with a new unit.

When I test the textures in Milkshape it looks like this:

http://imgur.com/m6HnAWt

However, when I test them in game they are clearly not assigned properly. Any idea what could be causing this?

Also I'm having an issue with the cloak being stiff. I can't figure out how to get it to hug and conform to the model's body as do all the others. I've tried assigning it to multiple different places (torso, pelvis) and I've had no luck. Do capes need to have some kind of animation assigned to them?
    Last edited by Jmonstra; January 05, 2014 at 10:42 PM.

I am attempted to limit recruitment of my heaviest troops by creating counter that only allows recruitment when moria is held by my faction. Here is what I have come up with... for some reason my counter limits recruitment but does not allow recruitment when I conquer moria in campaign...

monitor_conditions I_SettlementOwner Misty-Mountains = turks
    and I_EventCounter holds_misty-mountains == 0
    add_events
    event counter holds_misty_mountains
    date 0
    end_add_events
    end_monitor

monitor_conditions not I_SettlementOwner Misty-Mountains = turks
    and I_EventCounter holds_misty-mountains == 1
    and I_NumberOfSettlements turks > 0
    set_event_counter holds_misty-mountains 0
    end_monitor

then this goes in the edb
    recruit_pool "Arnor Pikemen" 1 0.1 1 1 requires factions { byzantium, turks, } and region_religion numenorian 50 and hidden_resource dunedain and event_counter holds_misty-mountains 1

Again the goal is to have the pikeman available to recruit in my homeland when the mines of moria are under my control... lore wise they are heavily armoured and there is little ore in middle earth but a lot in moria.

I have tested this in many different ways and doesn't seem to fire the counter when I siege and take the settlement... help would be greatly appreciated

Kiliç Alì's Avatar Domesticus
    Artifex

Not sure what is wrong here,maybe you are in 12 TPY? for some reason the add_events line does not work with that.

Anyway, you can try this (you are turks, right?):
    Code:
    monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionType turks        ; Less lagging than monitor_conditions, same result for our purposes
        if I_SettlementOwner Misty-Mountains = turks
           set_event_counter holds_misty-mountains 1
        end_if
        if not I_SettlementOwner Misty-Mountains = turks
           and I_NumberOfSettlements turks > 0                     ;are you sure you need this condition too?
        end_if
    end_monitor
    It must pass 1 turn before the EDB conditions are parsed tought (this has nothing to do with the script itself).

Member of the Imperial House of Hader, proud client of The only and sole Ferrit

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliç Alì View Post
    Not sure what is wrong here,maybe you are in 12 TPY? for some reason the add_events line does not work with that.

Anyway, you can try this (you are turks, right?):
    Code:
    monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionType turks        ; Less lagging than monitor_conditions, same result for our purposes
        if I_SettlementOwner Misty-Mountains = turks
           set_event_counter holds_misty-mountains 1
        end_if
        if not I_SettlementOwner Misty-Mountains = turks
           and I_NumberOfSettlements turks > 0                     ;are you sure you need this condition too?
        end_if
    end_monitor
    It must pass 1 turn before the EDB conditions are parsed tought (this has nothing to do with the script itself).

I'm going to kiss you, it worked... I am obviously a noob scriptor... I actually built this script first but then I saw a thread with some experts like Gigantus in it where they were creating power centers which is exactly what I wanted so I took their script even though it seemed quite "robust" for my needs... didn't know about the 12 turns bug though... without you I probably never would have figured it out but would have spent another 5 hours on it at least. Thanks and rep

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Quote Originally Posted by orclover5 View Post
    ... didn't know about the 12 turns bug though...
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ot-not-working

Not just 12tpy. Some don't have this problem, e.g. 4tpy (TATW).

This was unnecessary...

Code:
    add_events
    event counter holds_misty_mountains
    date 0
    end_add_events
    ...and I suspect that the 12tpy bug was a problem there. Doing it this way instead...

Code:
    event counter holds_misty_mountains 1
    (EDIT: oops. I meant this...)
    Code:
    set_event_counter holds_misty_mountains 1
    ... is exactly the same thing, is much simpler and avoids the bug.

The issue might also have been that setting an event counter does not have an effect on EDB conditions until next turn. (Not 100% sure about that.) Either way Kilic's solution avoids that too because it is setting the counter during turn end instead of immediately.

And yes: avoid monitor_conditions! It slows down the game in a way that monitor_event does not. Too many people still use it which is just bad for everybody.
    Last edited by Withwnar; January 08, 2014 at 04:05 AM.

A quick question unrelated to unit creation:

How does one make custom settlements that that aren't already available in custom battles able to be played in custom battles?

Could someone describe the process of how I would add units from the High Elves to the roster of the Silvan elves so that they are recruitable and usable in battle by the Silvan Elves? I figured out how to add ownership of the unit but this must not be sufficient as the unit lacks a unit card, is not recruitable and is just a silver surfer in the battles. So how would I copy some High Elf units so that I can recruit them as the Silvan Elves?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

heres a tutorial on how to give them texture: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...nother-faction

And what images concern, go into data/ui/unit_info and open mongols-folder
    Copy the unitcard in question, then go back and open the egypt-folder instead and paste it in

Same thing for the unit cards in data/ui/units

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Jmonstra View Post
    A quick question unrelated to unit creation:

How does one make custom settlements that that aren't already available in custom battles able to be played in custom battles?
    You'd have to replace the ones that are in custom battle with the ones you want to be in custom battle, no idea what file they're in though.

That's a start! Thanks!

I've been playing Divide and Conquer mod and while I enjoy it, I didn't like the way Bree is represented - but I liked the additional units (the 3 Bree Watchmen regiments).

Now, I've been wondering how to move those units to a different mod (say MOS) - does someone know a tutorial which would help me get started?
    Last edited by Magas of Cyrene; January 08, 2014 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    heres a tutorial on how to give them texture: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...nother-faction

And what images concern, go into data/ui/unit_info and open mongols-folder
    Copy the unitcard in question, then go back and open the egypt-folder instead and paste it in

Same thing for the unit cards in data/ui/units
    Cheers mate, this guide made it a lot easier for me!

Figured out my issue. Here's the result :

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=214385995

Now I've got another issue

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...C4CEFBF371A81/

As you can see, the scabbard is floating around out in space. Likely because the sword and scabbard belong to the same group, both of which are assigned to the right hand bone.

Is there any way to fix this?

In MilkShape select all of the scabbard's vertices and regroup them, that will give you another group that you can assign anywhere you want.

P.S. Make a backup of your model first, in case something gets messed up. I hope this helps.

Can someone point me to how to switch bodyguards for specific generals in Vanilla (I have computer problems with MOS so right now I play Vanilla)? For example if I want Aragorn to use Battle Dunedain. Also is there an infantry model for Aragorn himself?