Page 14 of 78 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223243964 ... LastLast

Thread: Modding Questions and Help Thread

DrBeast's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Modding Questions and Help Thread

Try doing the same in medieval2.preference.cfg in the core game folder, i.e. change the event_cutscenes from 1 to 0.

Quote Originally Posted by DrBeast View Post
    Try doing the same in medieval2.preference.cfg in the core game folder, i.e. change the event_cutscenes from 1 to 0.

Ah ha, that seems to have done the trick.

Thank you both for your assistance, that had been bugging me for ages

Default Lorien recruiting mercs

For the life of me I cannot figure out why Lorien cannot recruit mercenaries that I have added to the pool. Are they not an orthodox religion? It works just fine for the other elven factions. Any ideas? I use the current MOS.
    Névé'novôhe'étanóme mâsęhánééstóva, onésetó'ha'éeta netáhoestovevoo'o, onésęhestóxévétáno mâsęhánééstóva!

Mank's Avatar Dormouse of Hader

You'll need to post the merc pool code you're trying to add for us to be able to specifically help. They are orthodox, their faction is saxons.

Unfortunatley I don't have the hard drive with my MOS installs handy, but I can give you an example of code that would work for Lorien in MOS:

Code:
    pool Lorien
        regions Lothlorien_Province Celebrant_Province
        unit [merc unit you want to add]                exp 0 cost 100 replenish 0.03 - 0.05 max 1 initial 0 religions { orthodox }
    What might be happening is that you're expecting the unit to be immediatley recruitable when the initial pool is set to zero. I've highlighted in red this part of the code, so if you're wanting to see these guys off the bat you'll need to make this number 1 or higher. Another common error is to not put the correct spacing around the religion, there is a space before AND after the entry within the brackets.

Hope this helps! If not then please post the pools you're working on and we'll be able to figure it out from there.

Cheers!

pool Lorien
    regions Lothlorien_Province Celebrant_Province Nimrodel_Province
    unit Bandits exp 0 cost 100 replenish 0.03 - 0.05 max 1 initial 0 religions { northmen islam }
    unit Elf Spear Mercs exp 0 cost 2000 replenish 0.01 - 0.05 max 2 initial 1 factions { saxons } religions { orthodox northmen }
    unit Silvan Archer Mercs exp 0 cost 1500 replenish 0.01 - 0.05 max 2 initial 1 factions { saxons } religions { orthodox northmen }
    unit Elf Guard Mercs exp 0 cost 2500 replenish 0.01 - 0.05 max 2 initial 1 factions { saxons } religions { orthodox northmen }

I changed it to this to make it work but it does not work if I just list orthodox for example below, this does not work for Lorien but works for the other elven factions

unit Elf Guard Mercs exp 0 cost 2500 replenish 0.01 - 0.05 max 2 initial 1 religions { orthodox northmen }
    Névé'novôhe'étanóme mâsęhánééstóva, onésetó'ha'éeta netáhoestovevoo'o, onésęhestóxévétáno mâsęhánééstóva!

Ok. I see you have Nimrodel_Province added so I assume you're using Mike Golf's expanded map, but other than that difference this should still work fine:

Code:
    pool Lorien
    regions Lothlorien_Province Celebrant_Province
        unit Bandits                    exp 0 cost 100 replenish 0.03 - 0.05 max 1 initial 0 religions { northmen islam }
        unit Elf Spear Mercs             exp 0 cost 2000 replenish 0.01 - 0.05 max 2 initial 1 religions { orthodox }
        unit Silvan Archer Mercs         exp 0 cost 1500 replenish 0.01 - 0.05 max 2 initial 1 religions { orthodox }
        unit Elf Guard Mercs             exp 0 cost 2500 replenish 0.01 - 0.05 max 2 initial 1 religions { orthodox }
    Try copy/ pasting this code into your descr_merc and see if it does the trick. It might have been a problem with spaces.

Here's what this code looks like in-game for me:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I hope this gets the pools working for you!

If the mercs still don't show then I'll be pretty stumped, and would suggest heading over to the "Text Editing and Scripting" part of the Mod Workshop for additional troubleshooting.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Mank; June 23, 2013 at 09:10 AM.

Default Anyway to add adoptive candidates?

So im playing as Eriador and practically every candidate that comes up for adoption hasthe same name and same portrait.
    Is there a file i can edit to add names and give eriador some portraits from gondor and rohan?

Default Re: Anyway to add adoptive candidates?

Quote Originally Posted by Komnenos1100 View Post
    Is there a file i can edit to add names and give eriador some portraits from gondor and rohan?
    Or better yet adding in some new portraits. I liked how they used game of thrones character portraits for Dundland... maybe add some from monty python for eriador to vary it up.

and practically every candidate that comes up for adoption has the same name and same portrait.
    Can't help you with the adding portraits and names, but I am wondering if either there is some teensy weensy exaggeration in your statement, or whether the RNG is messing with you.

I only get duplicate portraits usually when i'm building armies of generals, and even then, its maybe 1 or 2 dupes out of 20 or 40 generals. As for names, even rarer, although its always funny to see a general or captain called Sauron when playing as Mordor.

yeah agreed I have never had the same name come up. Though I have to say similar portraits are a bit more common place with eriador. Still, no real issue, at most I've only had two or three generals that had the same portrait.

So im playing as Eriador and practically every candidate that comes up for adoption hasthe same name and same portrait.
    Yes, you certainly can add new names and portraits. Here are two very good guides that should help you:

Portraits: "Creating A World - Character portraits, creation, and use" by Gigantus

Names: "A Guide to Modding Character Names in M2TW" by deRougemont

If you run into any specific problems along the way feel free to post the errors here and we'll be able to troubleshoot them!

I need a little help: my banners won't visually flash in the battle map when the unit is routing or running amok, after analyzing the problem I found out that the banners will actually flash, but it will be only some pixels, so I guess it's a problem with the textures that have some kind of overlay, perhaps... any help in making banners flashing correctly will be appreciated.

Would you mind clarifying a few things?

1) Is this happening to the original TATW banners? If so this is most likely a problem for the Bug & Technical Help section.

2) If this is happening to new banners that you have modded into the game, does this problem only occur for the new banners or does it happen for every faction? (If it happens to every faction it is probably not specifically related to the modded banners).

I was able to track down two guides on banner creation that might lead you to a solution by way of comparing your process.

- Guide for editing army banners - By Tzar Stephan Dusan
    - Everything you ever wanted to know about banners - By Bwain

If neither of these helps you then I'm afraid I couldn't provide too much more assistance for this particular error. Perhaps another TATW modder will have seen this error before and be able to help. If this doesn't happen soon I recommend going on over to the main M2TW Mod Workshop "Skins, Models, and Animations" section for additional support.
    Last edited by Mank; June 25, 2013 at 03:11 PM.

original TATW banners, so i'm going to post it in the bugs & technical help instead, thanks!

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Hey, so I am taking a 3D modeling class this summer and I plan to use it to do some modding. HOWEVER, while I have made changes to some .mesh files, these changes do not appear in-game. Is there a Map.rwm-like think i need to delete before the changes appear? Do the .mesh files under unit_models have any effect on the game? I looked at some of the tutorials, but they don't really go into bringing finished .mesh files back into the game.

Thanks!

OK, so I got the new models into the game. Unfortunately, this was the result:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXW04F0CF-Q

I'll keep looking into it...

Looks like a bone assignment issue to me.

Most guides you find around the M2TW modelling scene are for Milkshape 3D, but if you're taking a class I imagine you have access to something like 3DS Max. I haven't had to time to really dive into 3d Modelling myself (yet), but here are two guides that might help you with the bone placement. One is for 3DS Max, the other is for Milkshape 3D.

1) RTW: 3DS Max and Tool Tutorial - by Perikles [This was made for RTW, but still works for M2TW. The tutorial begins after having successfully imported the .mesh into 3DS Max.]

2) How to Modify M2TW Mesh - by Andromacus Theodolus [This guide uses Milkshape 3D and walks through the entire process.]

There are several very proficient TATW modellers that still frequent the forums, so hopefully one of them will take a look at this as well. If the guides don't help and you don't hear from someone else in a day or two then the "Skins, Models, and Animations" section of the Mod Workshop will be the place to go.
    Last edited by Mank; June 26, 2013 at 09:22 AM.

Thanks! I'm using Blender, but apparently it is basically the same as 3DS Max. I'll look into it!

Could somebody kindly upload me a copy of campaign_script.txt? I wanna take a look at the garrison script without downloading the whole mod (haven't played this mod yet, I swear I will!).

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by poisoned goat View Post
    Could somebody kindly upload me a copy of campaign_script.txt? I wanna take a look at the garrison script without downloading the whole mod (haven't played this mod yet, I swear I will!).
    Here

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alě, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory