Page 13 of 78 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122233863 ... LastLast

Thread: Modding Questions and Help Thread

Default Re: Modding Questions and Help Thread

^ Thanks for responding, but I found a work around. I moved Celeborn to the town where the princess was and though she could not move she could still marry him because they were on the same space.

Also if I just spawned a princess wouldn't she not be on the family tree? I don't know how to do that but my problem is solved anyways.

DrBeast's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by knight of meh View Post
    ( tbh i know you have to add movement points somewhere because they are set to zero somewhere in the files.. but i can't for the live of me remember where so tired... )
    You're right, it's in descr_character

Hi!

There is a way to change automatically the general's bodyguard when Eriador become Arnor?
    See crowned Aragorn with the Grey Company it's a little strange..

But change it from the begin is also strange, it don't make sense having Knights of Annuminas or Arnor Knights for Aragon and the other generals for Eriador.
    There is some way to create this change in the middle of the game?

Bowmaster's Avatar Biarchus

That has bothered me, too. Answers (thought we've only been waiting for them for a few minutes)?
    (yeah, yeah, I'm fin player of TATW 3.2...

In Memoriam: Blackomur89

Save MERP and TATW!

Mank's Avatar Dormouse of Hader

I think it is possible, though it would require spawning a completley new "Aragorn" character so you would lose any achievements you had won with Aragorn up to that point. You would need to have the 'Arnor version' off-map and set as Leader so that when he spawned he would still be king.

So basically I think this would work: make off-map version of aragorn with annuminas knight bodyguard set to spawn when Arnor is re-united. Upon re-unification, make a script to kill the current 'grey company' aragorn at the same time the new one shows up.

Some problems: You would lose any traits and ancillary achieves you had gotten so far, and if playing on MOS your 'Aragorn RPG' might be messed up.

Alright I have another question. This one I doubt I can find an answer to alone. I know that in MOS and the Barons Submod there are several options you are presented in the beginning of the Campaign. These options come in the form of message boxes, and accepting or refusing them effects your game. I was wondering, if I wanted to release a mini mod, how would I add a similar feature, so that every feature is optional for every campaign?

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

i am not sure if this is all there is too it (i doubt it because i can't remember how to actually get the choice scroll up)

but this is the MoS script for immortal hero that deals with that bit it in campaign_script

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ;######################### Immortal Heroes ################################
    monitor_event FactionTurnStart TrueCondition
    historic_event heroes true
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

;----------------- accept ------------------------------------
    declare_counter go_heroes

monitor_conditions I_EventCounter heroes_accepted = 1
    set_counter go_heroes 1
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

anyway just trying to point you on the right track

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Here's a basic tutorial fro Yes/No-events that may or may not grant a first step on the way http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Event-Tutorial
    but my suggestion is to discuss it in the Mod Workshop as there's where folks with high script skills gather and can give both best tips and directions
    Last edited by Ngugi; June 19, 2013 at 07:50 AM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Anyone advise me on how to change where armies spawn when your enemies lose territories. I was very annoyed last night by the following situation:

Playing Dale, doing very well having conquered Rhun and have a peaceful border with Harad in the south-west, and attacking Mordor both from Black Gate and Nurnen.

I had taken Orc^H^H^H Dale Encampment to the east of Barad Dur after an awesome and very difficult battle against superior odds. Not big armies, but there was a stack of Olog-Hai there that I hadn't been prepared for. So I was very pleased with winning the battle. But it left me with only a few units holding the settlement. I am bringing up reinforcement from the south, but they had yet another battle to deal with first against the Witch King and a near full stack. It was a defeat, but I did get the Witch King, so it was a win for me, so that army retreated, leaving Dale Encampment still weakly manned (4 units).

A turn later, i took the Black Gate, and here we approach the thing that annoyed me. Mordor still has plenty of regions (having taken some territory off Rohan) so i wasn't expecting the low regions script to fire, and if taking the Black Gate causes a stack to spawn, then i'm cool with it, if the stack spawns within Mordor's own territory.

But here is the annoyance, a full stack spawned right next to Dale Encampment. I mean, where were they have meant to appeared from. Not even hiding in woods.... literally next to my settlement. No time to bring up any reinforcement, no time to react, i'm attacked.

I reloaded and lifted FOW to check i hadn't just missed a full stack being nearby. Nope, nothing.

I'm in favour of spawn and garrison scripts in general. While immersion breaking they provide the AI with a much needed boost, and generally you can be prepared for them, so not looking to remove them, but is it possible to change the script so they will only spawn in regions they hold (assuming they have some regions left)?

Kiliç Alì's Avatar Domesticus
    Artifex

It is possible to change the co-ordinates in campaign_script but it ain't save-compatible.

Open the file, find the Army spawn section (the ones with the spawn_army command) and change the co-ordinates to the ones you like most

Member of the Imperial House of Hader, proud client of The only and sole Ferrit

Ah, so it can't be dynamic based on what the faction actually holds?

Capturing the Black Gate will trigger a dread stack for Mordor and I do believe where the stack spawns is hardcoded (not sure if it can be dynamic). I thought all Mordor dread stacks spawned near Barad Dur, but I guess the Orc Encampment is pretty close to their. I actually think you outsmarted the AI and got snake bitten by it. The game really isn't expecting you to have made any in-grounds into Mordor before capturing the Black Gate so it assumes that Orc Encampment is a safe place to spawn said dread stack.

Probably. Guess its just something to be aware of then and go ahead prepared if doing similar in future.

Again for the Arnorian General Bodyguards..

Couldn't be possibile change them with a retrain of the Generals/Aragorn/Gandalf after you upgrade into Arnor?
    I don't know how the retrain works in the sistem, can you change the bodyguards with this thing?

Or with an armor's upgrade of the general's bodyguards.

If it's possibile you don't have to do a script of kill and respawn for every generals..

Mank's Avatar Dormouse of Hader

I'm afraid re-training wouldn't work, it is a replenish dynamic not a replacement one. Though not exactly the same thing, I don't believe the armour upgrade system would allow for a totally new unit to be trained from an upgrade either.

The difficulty with this dynamic is that the game recognizes the named general "Aragorn" AS the Grey Company, not as a seperate part or leader of it.

Is it possible to remove the cut-scenes of dying generals and battered gates from battles?

I'm sure I've seen it somewhere before but can't for the life of me find it now.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by johntarmac View Post
    Is it possible to remove the cut-scenes of dying generals and battered gates from battles?

I'm sure I've seen it somewhere before but can't for the life of me find it now.

Cheers
    open Third_Age_3 and open with Notepad and add an ; before the line I marked in red:
    Code:
    [game]unlimited_men_on_battlefield = 1
    no_campaign_battle_time_limit = 0
    unit_size = huge
    advisor_verbosity = 0
    ;event_cutscenes = 0

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Thanks Ngugi, I must have tried in the past because that snippet is exactly what I have but I still get the cut scenes :/

Hmm, OK, was sure it was it... what about this then, does these lines look like this?

Code:
    [video]
    ;windowed        = true
    ;movies            = false
    show_banners = 0

Nope this is what I have there

[video]
    ;windowed = true
    ;movies = false
    show_banners = 0
    event_cutscenes = 0

I'll try putting a ; in front of the event bit and see if that works.