Page 72 of 78 FirstFirst ... 22476263646566676869707172737475767778 LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1545

Thread: Modding Questions and Help Thread

Default Re: Modding Questions and Help Thread

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    Merging is making them one group, you will have to figure that out or read a tutorial if you don't know how. This isn't a 101 course.

descr_model_strat.txt handles character stuff.
    Hahaha true!! Thanks for the help so far!

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Update Status 2017-01-14: Development of MOS has tentatively resumed.

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    That'd be 64 it seems. If you run out I presume you can use combinations of hidden resources to increase the number. With 3 hidden resources you can make 7 different combinations for example: A, B, C, AB, AC, BC, ABC
    Great thank you for the response

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by mariusz1
    I tried to expand current buildings capabilities by adding some more upgrade options to existing building
    for whatever reason game is having none of it and there is no error message in log.txt file
    i am confused, where i can get some help?
    I am currently playing DaC mod 1.2
    Tell (preferably show) us what you added, and in what files.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Laetus

building fort_barracks
    {
    levels fort_barracks armory
    {
    fort_barracks requires factions { sicily, denmark, scotland, normans, milan, aztecs, spain, russia, venice, teutonic_order, khand, byzantium, timurids, turks, norway, moors, hungary, england, poland, portugal, france, hre, }
    {
    capability
    {
    recruit_pool "Rebel Shortbowmen" 1 0.025 1 0 requires factions { sicily, denmark, scotland, normans, milan, aztecs, spain, russia, venice, teutonic_order, khand, byzantium, timurids, turks, norway, moors, hungary, }
    recruit_pool "Rebel Axemen" 1 0.025 1 0 requires factions { sicily, denmark, scotland, normans, milan, aztecs, spain, russia, venice, teutonic_order, khand, byzantium, timurids, turks, norway, moors, hungary, }
    recruit_pool "Rebel Light Spearmen" 1 0.025 1 0 requires factions { sicily, denmark, scotland, normans, milan, aztecs, spain, russia, venice, teutonic_order, khand, byzantium, timurids, turks, norway, moors, hungary, }
    recruit_pool "Invasion Orc Swordsmen" 1 0.025 1 0 requires factions { england, poland, portugal, france, hre, }
    recruit_pool "Invasion Orc Archers" 1 0.025 1 0 requires factions { england, poland, portugal, france, hre, }
    recruitment_slots 1
    trade_base_income_bonus bonus 2
    law_bonus bonus 2

}
    material wooden
    construction 4
    cost 800
    settlement_min village
    upgrades
    {
    armory
    }
    }
    armory requires factions { sicily, denmark, scotland, normans, milan, aztecs, spain, russia, venice, teutonic_order, khand, byzantium, timurids, turks, norway, moors, hungary, england, poland, portugal, france, hre, }
    {
    capability
    {
    recruit_pool "Rebel Shortbowmen" 1 0.025 1 0 requires factions { sicily, denmark, scotland, normans, milan, aztecs, spain, russia, venice, teutonic_order, khand, byzantium, timurids, turks, norway, moors, hungary, }
    recruit_pool "Rebel Axemen" 1 0.025 1 0 requires factions { sicily, denmark, scotland, normans, milan, aztecs, spain, russia, venice, teutonic_order, khand, byzantium, timurids, turks, norway, moors, hungary, }
    recruit_pool "Rebel Light Spearmen" 1 0.025 1 0 requires factions { sicily, denmark, scotland, normans, milan, aztecs, spain, russia, venice, teutonic_order, khand, byzantium, timurids, turks, norway, moors, hungary, }
    recruit_pool "Invasion Orc Swordsmen" 1 0.025 1 0 requires factions { england, poland, portugal, france, hre, }
    recruit_pool "Invasion Orc Archers" 1 0.025 1 0 requires factions { england, poland, portugal, france, hre, }
    recruitment_slots 1
    trade_base_income_bonus bonus 2
    law_bonus bonus 2

}
    material wooden
    construction 5
    cost 800
    settlement_min village
    upgrades
    {
    }
    }
    }
    plugins
    {
    }
    }

I added upgrade option to the fort building called armory, wierd thing is that it all appears to be good and despite that game crashes to the desktop and for some bizzarre reason there is no error message in my log.txt file
    that is all that log.txt file shows, it does work normally and when I mess something up it tells me the line and column in which the mistake is located, this time however log points at nothing
    09:37:58.772 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    09:37:58.772 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    09:37:58.788 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    09:37:58.788 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    09:37:58.788 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    09:37:58.788 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    09:37:58.788 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    09:37:58.788 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack

Hmm, nothing instantly wrong here; did you add an entry in export_buildings.txt (in data/text) also?

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Laetus

I did now, and it is working, thanks a lot

Goodo

So i'm looking for a particular file to edit the battlemap model of a unit.

The Portrait of the unit does not match the battlemap unit, and im assuming the old one is still in the files to replace the unit name in the export_descr_unit file.

my question is where would I find the units model in the files to replace the "soldier some_longbowmen, 50, 0, 1.0" in the export_descr_unit file

@ SirAndrewMan Not sure of what you are asking for, but you can find unit models in Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data\unit_models\_units\**** , where **** is the folder of the faction the unit belongs.

Two questions:
    - how can I script a faction to become vassal of another on a monitor_event? diplomatic_stance faction1 faction2 ****? What should I put in **** and who becomes vassal, faction 1 or 2?
    - is it possible to gift a region from one faction to another via script?
    Last edited by aetiusaetius; December 25, 2017 at 08:44 AM.

Maenor's Avatar Libertus

Hello there everyone!

Got a quick one: What are the files that handle the requirements and events of the Eregion Smiths and the second restored guild?

I've looked at the guilds, units and buildings text files but the only information i could gather is that Ost-in-Edhil needs to be a Large Town and that there has to be enough points to make the second guild show up(250), however, at turn 354++ and with more than 26 regions building Smiths like there was no tomorrow the Guild never appeared...

Did the game bugged? Or is there a requirement that i'm missing?

Or is there like a limit for the quantities of guilds that a faction can have? Because i also noted that past a certain point, the game stooped offering me History Guilds regardless of how many "Cultural" buildings i would build.

Talking Vanilla 3.2 High Elves campaign btw!

Cheers and many thanks!
    Last edited by Maenor; January 06, 2018 at 10:45 PM. Reason: grammar(?)

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

I know very little about guilds but I think that after a certain turn you also start losing points every turn.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

You're looking in the right files. The ruined first level requires Large Town, the restored second level requires Minor City.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...7#post13559477

AWRA's Avatar Libertus

Like to start a 3.2, haven't played in a long time, but like to know if "hobbit autonomy" is just a script like the rest and can be modded out, like the garrison one.
    "I threw down my enemy, and he fell from the high place and broke the mountain-side where he smote it in his ruin."

Quote Originally Posted by AWRA View Post
    Like to start a 3.2, haven't played in a long time, but like to know if "hobbit autonomy" is just a script like the rest and can be modded out, like the garrison one.
    Yes it is and it can be.

AWRA's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by bushmonster951 View Post
    Yes it is and it can be.
    Thx for the info.
    "I threw down my enemy, and he fell from the high place and broke the mountain-side where he smote it in his ruin."

Maenor's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    You're looking in the right files. The ruined first level requires Large Town, the restored second level requires Minor City.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...7#post13559477

Thanks for the answer and the thread Withwnar, learned a lot from just one answer!.

I had no idea of that "you start to loose points after a certain turn" thing... like, is that even specified in the files??

Anyway, i now have another question regarding ""hidden"" triggers:

Where and how does the game find out if the player has abused his ranged units in a battle? I think it's common knowledge that if you spam those archers the game will give points to the BattleDread trait. I've been (Again) looking up all the related files to traits and characters but i can't find a single thing regarding these triggers. The BattleDread section in the Traits file does not have any Trigger that works with Missile Units conditions... it's mostly BattleOdds and detecting if the general has fought or has been harmed.

No info out of Google either.

What file should i open to modify the trigger values?

Cheers and many thanks (Again)

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

My guess is that it's one of the BattleOdds triggers: when you convincingly win a battle despite the odds. The trigger isn't looking for HOW you managed to do that - because of your use of many/good archers - only that you DID do it.

Maenor's Avatar Libertus

That's odd...

I went with Cirdan, 1 Bow Quendi, 1 Nórëtirno Warriors and a single unit of Sword Quendi to take the town north of Mithlond... However and after 1 turn of siege, they rallied out to meet me and i lost many units in the process while having odds against me.... The Sword Quendi was obliterated and the archers were considerably harmed. Cirdan wasn't damaged either but i still got a point to BattleDread.

I've always thought that there was an independent file that would check the results and individual kills and stats from the units to make an assumption of the player's behavior and thus assigning the proper points to the proper traits.

Well whatever... I'll check the BattleDread section again to see if there is something i'm missing.

Thanks again Withwnar! Cheers!

AWRA's Avatar Libertus

Follow-up and a couple of other questions:

Autonomy follow-up:
    Assume can drop hobbit autonomy only, leave in Ent autonomy by deleting just from:
    “;;;;;;; Shire
    set_event_counter Shire_autonomy 6”

To:
    “ if I_SettlementSelected Ethring
    and ! I_SettlementUnderSiege Ethring
    console_command process_cq Ethring
    end_if

end_monitor”

an the end of the “monitor_conditions I_CompareCounter roads_tribute_launch = 1” section right before Palantiri script.

Eraidor-Arnor Military Academies:
    When I played-modded before seem to remember that the military academy buildings weren't buildable because it was {sicily, byzantium} and not {sicily, byzantium, turks} in EDB.
    Looking through the same section in 3.2 EDB, see the same thing. Assume this works like it does in EDU like it does in EDB.
    Anyone know what the story was there, maybe just something not cleaned up in development of mod or maybe related to deciding to deny Arnor those buildings?

Am thinking of giving Military training buildings back to Arnor, but making them about knowledge and training, instead of just training like they are now. Make them necessary to build certain highest level units am going to add to 4.9 if I can – like the Elite Rangers from DaC and Arnor Infantry, Dismounted Arnor knights from old AUM/MOS. Make them more expensive and make it +2 and +4 on the experience gain. Also thinking of limiting them to largest castles. Seems like this would be a natural thing to add-in as part of the natural re-building of Arnor – rediscovery of lost knowledge.

Swordsman Guild for Eraidor-Arnor:
    See that these factions might be nerfed from getting these guilds in EDG because as before the first recruitment unit trigger is something they can’t build: bandits. Remember fixing this with 2.1 as well. Curious as to what other’s experiences have been here.

Laetus

Default Nazgul battle model as Gondor General

¡¡¡Greetings again!!!

I bribed a Nazgul with Gondor (in my own mod, all factions are richest).
    In the campaign map, the Nazgul conserve his black clothes but, in battle, becomes a "standard" General of Gondor.

Is it possible to keep the Mordor battle model even if it changes its faction?

In export_descr_unit (EDU) i've added the "sicily" faction (Gondor) to "Mounted Nazgul" and "Black Numenorians2" units, but nothing changues

I've searched and searched for an answer, but the only thing that I have found is this post, that does not solve the question:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ribed-generals

¡¡¡Thanks to all!!