Page 8 of 78 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: Modding Questions and Help Thread

Default Re: Modding Questions and Help Thread

I hear and obey O dark lord.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

I note that the legal status of hardcoding may be discussed seriously (it's not banned by default, so no one belive it's a facist site haha);

Quote Originally Posted by Terms of Service: Member Conduct: 13. Promoting Illegal Activities (1, 4, or 8 points)
    Encouraging or advocating an illegal activity, or portraying it as normal or acceptable (e.g., casually mentioning that you have pirated games/smoked pot/etc. as though this were normal and acceptable). Exceptions will be made for threads that are devoted to serious discussion of illegal activities in an abstract sense (e.g., about whether copyright law should be relaxed or marijuana should be legalized), on a case-by-case basis.

http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/TOS#Member_Conduct
    But not in this thread, nor should it be in this part of the forum as it's not a matter of TATW but M2TW

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Well hello folks

I would like to ask if someone could explain to me how or what to change in which file to fix the "problem" with ancillaries saying they would reduce squalor but not doing so? or maybe you could point me somewhere where I can find an answere to this question. I Allready tried changing lines in the export_descr_ancillaries.txt but I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or miss something but it won't work (in this case i tried Thranduil who should reduce squalor by 3 points but only did by 0,5 in Thranduils Halls)

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

i think those act on an .xml document with pip modifiers if they do at all ... settlement_mechanics maybe? i have forgotten i am off to check lol

Changing the properties of ancillaries mid-game can be a little tricky. If you hand the ancillary to another charater for one turn and then give it back it should work. As Knight said there are some paramerters defined in descr_settlement_mechanics (and the descr_campaign_db) files but it should (i'm currently verifying this) have no influence on this. Make you changes in the EDA file and please do not forget to correct the text entry as well

edit: just search for "squalor" in EDCT and EDA

DrBeast's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Reeth Caldarson View Post
    Well hello folks

I would like to ask if someone could explain to me how or what to change in which file to fix the "problem" with ancillaries saying they would reduce squalor but not doing so? or maybe you could point me somewhere where I can find an answere to this question. I Allready tried changing lines in the export_descr_ancillaries.txt but I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or miss something but it won't work (in this case i tried Thranduil who should reduce squalor by 3 points but only did by 0,5 in Thranduils Halls)
    You'll need to edit export_ancillaries.txt in the data\text folder so it corresponds to the changes you've made in export_descr_ancillaries. When you're done, delete the export_ancillaries.txt.strings.bin file so the game can regenerate the new, edited one.

Edit: semi-ninja'd by King Phillip

Mank's Avatar Dormouse of Hader

Hi Reeth!

Don't know if you're looking for a guide on ancillary making/ editing but if you are I recommend taking a look at Swagger's "How To: The Ancillary Guide". It's a great step-by-step walkthrough that covers every aspect of what you'll need to edit or create new ancillaries.

Edit: Also a note on effects such as squalor, law, and movement points: the bonus percentage you see in-game might not directly mirror the number of points given in the ancillary code. Ex: law bonus 1 equates to a 5% law bonus in-game.
    Last edited by Mank; May 24, 2013 at 01:29 PM.

Default Re: Edited export_descr_buildings and now the game won't load up

Quote Originally Posted by RWF87 View Post
    3. changed rare/AOR units so they can be recruited elsewhere (I think this is where I've messed up)
    Just a fast guessing; have you checked the "hidden_resource" line? What makes AoE units recruitable locally is the line "hidden_resource Edoras" (for ex), removing hidden_resource line will make them recruitable everywhere.

Just don't ask me where this line is, I bet export_descr_unit but makes like 1 year I don't put my hands into editing MW2 :S

Default Re: Edited export_descr_buildings and now the game won't load up

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Just a fast guessing; have you checked the "hidden_resource" line? What makes AoE units recruitable locally is the line "hidden_resource Edoras" (for ex), removing hidden_resource line will make them recruitable everywhere.

Just don't ask me where this line is, I bet export_descr_unit but makes like 1 year I don't put my hands into editing MW2 :S
    close export_descr_buildings

and forget what i said about the xml document i believe i did a blond ..

The hidden_resource line for a settlement is added in base/ descr_regions.txt.

Before the new resource is added to descr_regions you will first need to add it to the hidden_resources list at the top of export_descr_buildings.txt.

Thank you guys - those tips helped a lot ^^

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Default Adding Hidden Resources

Hey guys, I'm making a miniature add-on for MOS that allows Gundabad to build a Rhudaur Barracks. I want to make the Rhudaur units AOR so I am attempting to add hidden resources to the recruitment regions.

I loocked up the online guides for adding them and I think I am doing it correctly, but the barracks doesn't show up when I include the hidden_resource requirement. I added the "rhudaur" resource to the correct places descr_regions, as well as to the top resource list in descr_strat and (obviously) to the Rhudar Barracks constriction requirements. I know that the building works without the resource condition AND it works under other resource conditions, but for some reason not under this one. Is there annother file where the resources have to be defined? Do I have to do something like setting the file to "Read Only?"

Thanks for the help. This version of the add-on won't be much, but in the future (this summer?) I hope to do more with Angmar and Gundabad (To the extent that a newb like me can).

Hey guys, I'm making a miniature add-on for MOS that allows Gundabad to build a Rhudaur Barracks. I want to make the Rhudaur units AOR so I am attempting to add hidden resources to the recruitment regions.

I looked up the online guides for adding them and I think I am doing it correctly, but the barracks doesn't show up when I include the hidden_resource requirement. I added the "rhudaur" resource to the correct places descr_regions, as well as to the top resource list in descr_strat and (obviously) to the Rhudar Barracks constriction requirements. I know that the building works without the resource condition AND it works under other resource conditions, but for some reason not under this one. Is there another file where the resources have to be defined? Do I have to do something like setting the file to "Read Only?"

Thanks for the help. This version of the add-on won't be much, but in the future (this summer?) I hope to do more with Angmar and Gundabad (To the extent that a newb like me can).

Hrm...sounds like you have everything right. I bet you need to delete your map.rwm in the /base folder so that the map can re-generate with your new hidden_resource. If that doesn't do it post here again and we'll take a look at specific files.

as far as i am aware MOS has maxed the hidden resources .. you would have to ask Stylix to confirm .. but i suggest you do because if the hidden resource list is maxed this won't work and your wasting your time

MOS 1.41 has 63, max is 64, so he's golden as long as he's only adding one.

that's a close one then

and on that note i notice you didn't say you added it to the list at the top of the EDB only to the entry for the barracks ? confirm

All working! Thanks! Just had to delete that darn Maps.rwm fine. It seems like that thing is responsible for every bad thing that happens in this mod . Thanks a ton!

I was also wondering if there is a tutorial out there for packaging and uploading a mod such that other people can easily use it? I hope to make this compatible with both MOS and Vanilla, but to do that I would need to only copy MY building into descr_buildings without changing anything else. Is there an easy way to do this?

Hello again
    In my game Halbarad has got the strat map model of aragorn can anyone please tell me how to change that?