Page 35 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1025262728293031323334353637383940414243444560 ... LastLast

Thread: Modding Questions and Help Thread

Default Generals biogrpahies

Sorry about starting a thread for this but its late and I had the answer but dam forgot it, how do you edit a generals biography ingame? I changed the wtichkings' biography so that he gets an increase to hi stats but I want his biography to tell me that, I changed his dread from 6 to 10 and stuff like that but forgot how to make that show in game so it still says is only increased by 6, thanks in advance

Default Re: Generals biogrpahies

In the data folder, go into text, and then export_vnvs. There you will see the descriptions for all the traits.

Also, this thread is misplaced. There is a thread about this in the General Discussion, and there are specific sections of the forum for modding questions. This subforum is for submods that have been released or are being worked on.

Default Re: Modding Questions and Help Thread

Hi all,

I'm playing TATW 3.2 with FireFreak's campaign map. I'm playing as Gondor and I've taken Isengard but I can't build a Royal Army Barracks which means I can't build a Master Armourer. I can only build up to Army Barracks, which in turn means I can only build a Heavy Armourer. Any ideas why this may be?

As Isengard's a citadel, I should be able to construct them. Can I/do I need to mod anything to enable me to build these in Isengard? If someone could let me know, it would be appreciated! Cheers.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Depends on what you mean with 'should'.

If you mean should as that there's some kind of bug in your campaign that you want to oslve, then there's not. Only Dale, Gondor, High Elves and Dwarves can build the Royal Barracks in cities and only Gondor can build it in castles, further only Gondor and Dwarves can build the greatest [avilable] armourer (Master Armourer). That's intended gameplay descisions.

If you mean 'should' as in you deem it more proper to add it to Isengard too, and considering the choice of thread I presume so, then open export_descr_buildings.txt in Third_Age_3/data
    Look for armoury (that's the code name for Royal Barracks in castles) and add france like this (in red; france = Isengard)
    To enable it in Isengard (and Isengard alone, just as Gondor can just build it in osgiliath) you, add the hidden resource requirment (in blue)
    Code:
            }
            armoury castle requires factions { sicily, france, }  and hidden_resource osgiliath_west or hidden_resource isengard
            {
    Then you'll have to look up the armoury in question;
    Code:
            }
            c_plate_armourer castle requires factions { sicily, moors, france, }  and building_present_min_level castle_barracks armoury
            {
    Save and close. Should be game save compatible.

Mind you, I don't think you'll have any use of it, not without starting to edit the units in export_descr_unit.txt, since the Isengard units are not coded to have the Master Armourer to begin with and thuis ought to lack upgrade levels for it.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Hi Ngugi, thanks for getting back to me.

I didn't mean adding Master Armourer to the faction Isengard, just to the citadel which I took playing as Gondor.

It just confused me that playing as Gondor, within Huge cities like Minas Tirith, West Osgiliath and the Citadel of East Osgiliath, I can build Master Armourers, but couldn't in Isengard when I took it as Gondor, even though it's a Citadel.

Thank you for the info and I'll add the 'or hidden_resource isengard' you've put in blue to the armoury in export_descr_buildings.txt and see if it works. Thanks very much for your help!

Mhm, the fact you played Gondor fell form my memory there, hehe; yes, add the resource isengard to the barrack entry and it should roll

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Can someone help me on changing both Gandalf the grey and white to a different faction, preferably the high elves in tatw Mos 1.6.2? Also is there a quick way to spawn Sauron in game for test purposes?

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    I think that's due to the trolls mass?
    Code:
    type             Mountain Trolls
    dictionary       Mountain_Trolls      ; Mountain Trolls
    category         infantry
    class            heavy
    voice_type       Heavy
    banner faction   main_infantry
    banner holy      crusade
    soldier          mountain_trolls, 5, 0, 60.0
    But since captains/generals have no EDU entry of their own, well I can't tell weither they adapt the units mass or simply isn't editable?
    Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    Units aren't really my thing but generals get the stats of their bodyguard so I guess that captains do too? i.e. What Ngugi said.

Could it be that trolls do not have an animation for "flying" but captains do? (Animations are most definitely NOT my thing.)
    They adopt the stats but even if I put a troll officer in a troll unit the officer will still "fly". Captains may have the fly animation but the trolls will use their own animations even when designated as officers. This remains a mistery then. Thanks for the help anyway.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Maybe somebody in the Workshop would know the answer.

Ego123's Avatar Tiro
    Linz, Austria & Sighetu Marmatiei, Romania

Default Riders of the Westfold invisible horsemen

I imported manually the AUM 3.2 units in the Alternative patch 4.4.All is good except this strange problem...I can see Riders of the Westfold textures,just horses whitout Riders.

Someone please have any ideea to fix this?I cheked battle_models and export_descr_unit and all look ok,the invisible soldiers even fight in battle but i don't see them,I posted on AUM sub mod thread but there is no person avaible to give my an advice.

battle_models

24 aum_rohan_mounted_axemen
    1 3
    57 unit_models/_units/aum/aum_rohan_mounted_axemen_lod0.mesh 121
    57 unit_models/_units/aum/aum_rohan_mounted_axemen_lod0.mesh 1225
    57 unit_models/_units/aum/aum_rohan_mounted_axemen_lod0.mesh 6400
    5 milan
    64 unit_models/_units/aum/textures/aum_rohan_mounted_axemen.texture
    69 unit_models/_units/aum/textures/aum_rohan_mounted_axemen_norm.texture
    39 unit_sprites/milan_eorlingas_sprite.spr
    5 milan
    76 unit_models/_units/aum/textures/aum_rohan_mounted_axemen_weapon_diff.texture
    76 unit_models/_units/aum/textures/aum_rohan_mounted_axemen_weapon_norm.texture 0
    5 Horse
    11 MTW2_HR_Axe 0
    16 MTW2_Axe_Primary
    14 fs_test_shield 0
    16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002
    29 aum_rohan_mounted_axemen_upg1
    1 3
    57 unit_models/_units/aum/aum_rohan_mounted_axemen_lod0.mesh 121
    57 unit_models/_units/aum/aum_rohan_mounted_axemen_lod0.mesh 1225
    57 unit_models/_units/aum/aum_rohan_mounted_axemen_lod0.mesh 6400
    5 milan
    64 unit_models/_units/aum/textures/aum_rohan_mounted_axemen.texture
    69 unit_models/_units/aum/textures/aum_rohan_mounted_axemen_norm.texture
    39 unit_sprites/milan_eorlingas_sprite.spr
    5 milan
    76 unit_models/_units/aum/textures/aum_rohan_mounted_axemen_weapon_diff.texture
    76 unit_models/_units/aum/textures/aum_rohan_mounted_axemen_weapon_norm.texture 0
    5 Horse
    13 MTW2_HR_Sword 0
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary
    14 fs_test_shield 0

EDU
    type aum Rohan Mounted Axemen
    dictionary aum_Rohan_Mounted_Axemen ; Eored Lancers
    category cavalry
    class heavy
    voice_type Heavy
    banner faction main_cavalry
    banner holy crusade
    soldier eorlingas, 30, 0, 1
    officer rohan_captain_early_flag
    mount eorlingas horse
    mount_effect elephant -4, camel -4
    attributes sea_faring, hide_forest, hardy, can_withdraw, can_formed_charge, knight, free_upkeep_unit
    formation 2, 4.4, 3, 6, 2, square
    stat_health 1, 3
    stat_pri 6, 5, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, blunt, mace, 25, 1
    stat_pri_attr ap
    stat_sec 0, 0, no, 0, 0, no, melee_simple, blunt, none, 0, 1
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 6, 5, 2, metal
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 6
    stat_ground 0, 0, -2, -1
    stat_mental 15, normal, trained
    stat_charge_dist 45
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 1, 950, 330, 100, 100, 950, 3, 150
    armour_ug_levels 2, 3
    armour_ug_models aum_rohan_mounted_axemen, aum_rohan_mounted_axemen_upg1
    ownership milan
    era 0 milan
    era 1 milan
    era 2 milan
    recruit_priority_offset 10
    Last edited by Ego123; April 19, 2014 at 03:21 AM.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

You need to increase the serialization number (the number in the first line of the models file) by the amount of new entries in the models file.

Default Any way to increase kill move chance?

You know... the cool finishing moves they do sometimes during the fight. Does anyone know how?

Default Re: Any way to increase kill move chance?

Quote Originally Posted by gsguns View Post
    You know... the cool finishing moves they do sometimes during the fight. Does anyone know how?
    You mean what is properly called animations.
    In the OP of this thread there's links to the Mod Workshop sections for animations.

One way is to edit battle_models.modeldb, found in data/unit_models, to switch a units current animation set between already existing animations. Use Notepad++ for that (also linked to in the OP)
    The lines of interest are these (example Gondor militia*), though I have honestly no idea what each line [marked in red here] technically affect in themselves:
    Code:
    15 dismounted_kofm 1 1 
    51 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/ed_Nofm_lod0.mesh 6400 
    (...)
    4 None 
    14 MTW2_Swordsman 0 
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 
    14 fs_test_shield 0 
    * their soldiers name is dismounted_kofm which can be seen in export_descr_unit.txt in the data-folder
    Look for the line "armour_ug_models"

Hi! I"m playing DAC for a while and I noticed that some factions get Meso-american building on the battle map while defending a city. It's happens with the middle men factions and also (strangely) with the Northern Dunedain. The Northern Dunedain, when upgrading from village to town you get a big mayan temple. If you change Annuminas creator to Turks instead of Sicily Annúminas becomes a Turkish city. The Dunedain should upgrade to Gondorian cities if I'm correct.

Is there a way to fix this and can somebody tell me how?

How do I change the cost of assassins? I want them to be 100,000 each so they aren't in the game

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by pacman and robin View Post
    How do I change the cost of assassins? I want them to be 100,000 each so they aren't in the game
    If you want them out of the game, you might as well remove them in descr_buildings.
    For example:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    }
    inn city requires factions { sicily, byzantium, milan, scotland, turks, spain, venice, england, france, hre, portugal, egypt, mongols, saxons, moors, dunland, }
    {
    capability
    {
    agent spy 0 requires factions { sicily, byzantium, milan, scotland, turks, }
    agent assassin 0 requires factions { sicily, byzantium, milan, scotland, turks, } and event_counter fellowship 0
    agent spy 0 requires factions { spain, venice, }
    agent assassin 0 requires factions { spain, venice, } and event_counter fellowship 0
    agent spy 0 requires factions { england, france, hre, portugal, dunland, }
    agent assassin 0 requires factions { england, france, hre, portugal, dunland, } and event_counter fellowship 0
    agent spy 0 requires factions { egypt, mongols, saxons, }
    agent spy 0 requires factions { moors, }
    agent assassin 0 requires factions { moors, } and event_counter fellowship 0
    agent_limit assassin 1
    agent_limit spy 1
    }
    material wooden
    construction 4
    cost 2400
    settlement_min large_town
    upgrades

This is the second level of the inn buildings.
    Remove the bolded parts and you should be fine.
    Just make sure to remove the spaces that will be left, it will look like this:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    }
    inn city requires factions { sicily, byzantium, milan, scotland, turks, spain, venice, england, france, hre, portugal, egypt, mongols, saxons, moors, dunland, }
    {
    capability
    {
    agent spy 0 requires factions { sicily, byzantium, milan, scotland, turks, }
    agent spy 0 requires factions { spain, venice, }
    agent spy 0 requires factions { england, france, hre, portugal, dunland, }
    agent spy 0 requires factions { egypt, mongols, saxons, }
    agent spy 0 requires factions { moors, }
    agent_limit spy 1
    }
    material wooden
    construction 4
    cost 2400
    settlement_min large_town
    upgrades

Do that for every building in the tree and you should be absolutely fine.
    If not, let me know

can you only have 1 assassin per faction anyway? That script makes me believe that so I suppose 1 assassin wont hurt, I just thought there could be lots of assassins per faction which could kill some important heroes. Is there a way so if the faction loses that 1 assassin no more could be built?

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

well I'm not a modder but I think you can assign an assassin to each faction at the begenning of the game and at the same time mod the files to prevent further recruitment of the same

Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Quote Originally Posted by pacman and robin View Post
    can you only have 1 assassin per faction anyway? That script makes me believe that
    This line?

agent_limit assassin 1

It means constructing this building adds 1 assassin to the faction limit. 10 of those buildings - one in each of 10 settlements - lets the faction have 10 assassins.

I half remember a recent thread or tutorial in the Workshop about limiting agent numbers to some fixed amount.

EDIT:
    I misread this...

Is there a way so if the faction loses that 1 assassin no more could be built?
    Flinn's suggestion would do the trick perfectly.

Thank you for your answers, but im not sure how i would go about with Flinns suggestion? Which files need changing? i reckon I can make the assassins spawn in game at the start, assuming its in descr_strat but how do I prevent more being constructed?