Page 9 of 78 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: Modding Questions and Help Thread

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Default Re: Modding Questions and Help Thread

Do you use any submods or did you edit the files yourself?

I'm using
    Mos
    Expanded Map and Enhanced Ancillaries
    Director's Cut and
    Improved Barrow Downs

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralThrawn View Post
    I was also wondering if there is a tutorial out there for packaging and uploading a mod such that other people can easily use it?
    Honestly your change is small enough that all you would have to do is Zip the file and find a file hosting site , then tell people to copy and past it into their installation

Don't forget File Structure for example you EDB would have to be in a data folder for ease of use

Also have you produced any art files for the Barracks? because you would need to include them (Just a reminder incase you forgot )

riuk881's Avatar Semisalis

How can I get rid of the script where cities get reinforced when besieged? It was suggested I install MOS, but I'm happy with King Kongs work apart from this.
    It's not a question of where it grips it. It's a simple questions of weight ratios; a five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

Quote Originally Posted by riuk881 View Post
    How can I get rid of the script where cities get reinforced when besieged? It was suggested I install MOS, but I'm happy with King Kongs work apart from this.
    Do you want to remove it for AI on AI or do you want to remove it for you against the AI? I personally like how KK has implemented this, it should be tough to take important cities. Bring more troopers as well as reserves.

If you still want to change it, then you need to go into the campaign_script and comment out the reinforcements you don't like.

Mank's Avatar Dormouse of Hader

That is called the "Garrison Script" and is very easliy gotten rid of.

1) Go to: \Third_Age_3\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\campaign_script

2) Open the file with notepad or notepad ++ and search (ctrl + f) for "garrison script", not the title at the top, but the code somewhere in the middle of the file.

3) Select and delete all the code starting at the title "garrison script v 3.0" all the way down to the beginning of the money script (be patient while selecting the code, there is quite a lot of it). Save it and you sould be good!

**I highly recommend backing up your campaign_script before you do anything, just in case something goes awry**

Thanks Mank - I was trying to be as unhelpful as possible

Thanks for the help and the quick replies!
    It's not a question of where it grips it. It's a simple questions of weight ratios; a five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

One more thing. If I go through with this will I be unable to play previous saves? If I install MOS will I be unable to play previous saves?

Everto's Avatar Campidoctor

Hey chaps! So a quick question.

I am planning on playing as the High Elves and I want to change the starting allegiance of the Dwarves; who, like clockwork in every one of my campaigns start a war with Eriador, the Silvan Elves, Dale... or if they're feeling cheeky, the High Elves. I was wondering how I can change the the starting diplomacy (so that they're allied to certain factions) and also that they like those factions...

Any thoughts on where I should start? Thanks a million
    ~Everto

One more thing. If I go through with this will I be unable to play previous saves? If I install MOS will I be unable to play previous saves?
    It's an impossible question to answer. It depends on how you code your changes. Keep a clean version of TATW and do your changes in a Sandbox install, then you can always roll back. There are many tools out there to help you though.

Okay Thanks King Philip II.

DrBeast's Avatar Biarchus

Changes to campaign_script are not savegame compatible. It may not crash your existing game, but the changes you made won't take effect until you start a new campaign.

MOS lets you choose, at the beginning of each campaign, if you want the Garrison Script enabled or not.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Everto View Post
    Hey chaps! So a quick question.

I am planning on playing as the High Elves and I want to change the starting allegiance of the Dwarves; who, like clockwork in every one of my campaigns start a war with Eriador, the Silvan Elves, Dale... or if they're feeling cheeky, the High Elves. I was wondering how I can change the the starting diplomacy (so that they're allied to certain factions) and also that they like those factions...

Any thoughts on where I should start? Thanks a million
    ~Everto
    Open descr_strat.txt found in /data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign

Go down to the section titled
    Code:
    ; >>>> start of diplomacy section <<<<
    First comes the diplomatic 'opinions', as in how the factions feel towards each other. Since Dwarves = moors first change their standings.
    -1 is pure hate, 1 is 'love' and 0 or no entry = neutral.

For example we want to improve relationship towards Eriador and SE so change this
    Code:
    faction_standings    moors,            1.0    scotland
    faction_standings    moors,            0.5    turks
    faction_standings    moors,            0.2    egypt
    faction_standings    moors,            -1.0    slave
    faction_standings    moors,            -0.8    hre
    faction_standings    moors,            -0.7    portugal
    faction_standings    moors,            -0.6    venice
    to, say, this for Eriador as well as adding an entry for SE (mongols) - Dale/scotland already have 1 in relationship
    Code:
    faction_standings    moors,            1.0    scotland
    faction_standings    moors,            0.8    turks
    faction_standings    moors,            0.7    egypt
    faction_standings    moors,            0.7    mongols
    faction_standings    moors,            -1.0    slave
    faction_standings    moors,            -0.8    hre
    faction_standings    moors,            -0.7    portugal
    faction_standings    moors,            -0.6    venice
    Don't forget to edit Eriadors/turks stance towards Dwarves/moors equally and add an entry for moors to mongols, like these;
    Code:
    faction_standings    turks,            0.8    moors
    Code:
    faction_standings    mongols,        0.7    moors
    In next section (the part where lines start with "faction_relationships") you can see if faction start in war or alliance with others.
    Assume you do not intend to change anything here but if you want to it's just to go ahead (just remember to do it for both factions if you change/add anything).

Open data/world/maps/base and there delete map.rwm
    Will kick in in next campaign.

Last you want to check out descr_faction_standing.txt in the data-folder
    Look for this and make trigger 0114 blocvked out so it look like this
    Code:
    ;---------------------------------------------;Trigger 0114_Make_Dwarves_Dislike_Elves
    ;    WhenToTest FactionTurnStart
    ;
    ;    Condition FactionReligion islam
    ;
    ;    FactionStanding exclude_factions { sicily, milan, turks, scotland, moors, papal_states, hre, france, england, venice, spain, portugal } normalise -1.0 80
    ;
    ;---------------------------------------------

In case you currently do not use any submods I would recomend you WSC as it contain the awesome Total Diplomacy mod, which without I don't play TA; as well as some other neat stuff.
    Last edited by Ngugi; May 28, 2013 at 12:50 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

@ Everto: Good news, this is a super-simple change to make!

1) First, go to your: \Third_Age_3\data\world\maps\campaign\descr_strat

2) Open the file with notepad or notepad ++

3) Search for (ctrl+f) "start of diplomacy section", it is close to the very bottom of the descr_strat file.

4) You'll be needing to add spcific changes to each faction you want to make allies, here is some example code of how to achieve this effect:

Code:
    faction_standings    moors,            0.9    egypt    (This will make the dwarves like the high elves a whole lot)
    faction_standings    egypt,            0.9    moors    (This will make the High Elves like the dwarves a whole lot)

faction_relationships     moors, allied_with     egypt   (this sets the dwarves to be allies with the High Elves)
    faction_relationships     egypt, allied_with     moors   (this sets the High Elves to be allies with the Dwarves)
    Whenever you want to add an alliance between 2 factions, be sure to add the "allied_with" to each of them (as shown above).

**I highly recommend backing-up your descr_strat before you try this**

Good Luck!!

Edit: Ninja'd by the Ferret, my most persistent nemesis!
    Last edited by Mank; May 28, 2013 at 12:58 PM.

Ngugi: Are you sure Dale is scotland? because in my silvan elves campaign (vanilla tatw) sometimes when i ended diplomacy with the dwarves they would say "a good day for your people and scotlands"

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by NickTheGreek3 View Post
    If you mean what's the M2TW faction spots that the TATW is using, the list is this:
    M2TW ---> TATW
    England ---> Mordor
    France ---> Isengard
    HRE ---> OotMM
    Spain ---> Harad
    Venice ---> Rhun
    Sicily ---> Gondor
    Milan ---> Rohan
    Scotland ---> Dale
    Byzantium ---> Arnor
    Moors ---> Dwarves
    Turks ---> Eriador
    Egypt ---> High Elves
    Portugal ---> OoG
    Papal States --> Sauron
    Mongols ---> Silvan Elves
    Timurids ---> Fellowship
    for future reference , ignore the voices they always be weird

Edit: finally i got Mank

Yes, Dale is Scotland.

List of TATW Factions:

sicily = gondor
    milan = rohan
    scotland = dale
    moors = dwarves
    turks = eriador
    egypt = high elves
    mongols = silvan elves
    england = mordor
    france = isengard
    hre = orcs of the m.m.
    portugal = gundabad
    spain = harad
    venice = rhun

Edit: Well that's a first, ninja'd twice in the same 5 mins on the same thread!

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Ngugi: Are you sure Dale is scotland? because in my silvan elves campaign (vanilla tatw) sometimes when i ended diplomacy with the dwarves they would say "a good day for your people and scotlands"
    Yes, Dwarves are moors and Dale is scotland.
    [EDIT: ninjad on that part]

However moors indeed have the sound accent named scottish, but what faction is named in code has nothing to do with the accent - or say england would talk english instead of 'orchish' [england = Mordor]

That there's a left over comment concerning 'Sottland' in the scottish accent is a simple flaw that's been reported to KK, I had it removed from MOS and DCI for example; presumably it will be removed if later versions of TATW comes along.
    Last edited by Ngugi; May 28, 2013 at 01:07 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

If I had more time, I would go through Ngugi's code with a toothcomb. Just one code snippet that was not optimized would make me happy. Unfortunatly it looks pretty solid