Page 71 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2146616263646566676869707172737475767778 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1545

Thread: Modding Questions and Help Thread

Maenor's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Modding Questions and Help Thread

Any thread around with some insight in how the Barrack Event works?

Want to add some other units to the event but no clue as to where to look (Or if i already explored the file but didn't realized)

Just general mentions of where to looks for it!

Thanks for any help!!

Maenor's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Goth View Post
    Is it possible to revive a dead faction through scripting?
    My guess is that you would have to make an event of some sorts that checks for the Faction's Units && Settlements on the world, and if they are "dead" just spawn a full uber OP stack of hardened warriors near the original settlement (I.E London for England, Minas Tirith for Gondor, Mithlond for High Elves, etc) for the sake of fun and design you should set a limit for it tho... I personally wouldn't let that happen more than once and only after turn 70 if AI fails again, well bad luck for them.

That's how i would go about it if i knew anything about Total War Modding xP I was actually surprised to find out this wasn't a part of the vanilla mod, since the Silvan Elves went absolutely rogue with everyone in my first dedicated long campaing and i had to exterminate the Orcs of the Misty mountains and make the Dwarves retreat ALL the way to Erebor for them to survive! Only for Rhun to came out of nowhere and wipe them out! I don't like Dwarves but didn't want them to just die for ever. (That campaign was a total disaster lol great memories[High Elves btw])

Hopefully someone with more experience on how this game works can give you a more technical insight.
    Last edited by Maenor; July 09, 2017 at 01:53 AM.

Those are my thoughts too Maenor. I am pretty experienced at modding but not with scripting. I am wondering what the values and commands are to recognize that a faction is dead, then I have a starting point and can experiment with creating a script to spawn a dead faction as a horde or a script to give them a city(simulating a revolt). this would create an extra dimension to the game. I would create scripts that would check if the faction is dead and then allow a revolt to occur only under certain conditions.

To answer your question on the barracks event I think the barracks event just allows you to build the next level of barracks(for example you cant build a tier 3 barracks until the appropriate barracks event has occured even though you meet all other criteria). once the event has occured you can build the barracks and then have access to all the units in that barracks. If you wanted certain units to be available before the barracks event simply copy that unit in export_descr_buildings file and paste it into the earlier barrack listing.(example gondor citadel guard are only available in militia drill square barracks, to make them available earlier copy the entire gondor citadel guard line and paste it under the city watch barracks) to make units available later simply delete the line for the unit you want to be available later.
    Hope this helps

Goth
    Last edited by Goth; July 09, 2017 at 05:07 AM.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

That would do it: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...cluding-hordes

As for any other scripting questions, there are plenty of tutorials in the mod workshop, indexed and all: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...p-Tools#CODING

Well found Iollsuck. Thank so much for that its just what Ive been looking for

Tiro

Hello:

I have played a hotseat campaign MTW II + TATW 3.2 + MOS 1.7 + enhanced MOS submod by rafmc1989 H/M and now i am trying to modify this and that to addapt it to my "taste". I asked something about modifying the campaign_script.txt file in MOs 1.7 thread and Veteraan told me about this thread that could be better place to ask. So here i go.
    I know how to deactivate script parts i dont want to play ( ill add ";" to the start of the line in those i dont want in the ...\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\campaign_script.txt) but i was wondering if there is any "scripting guru" arround able to tell me how to modify those script part questions at the beggining to avoid the question in first turn and activate them "by default"

Like how to change these:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

;######################### Elven reforging #############################
    monitor_event FactionTurnStart TrueCondition
    historic_event reforging true factions { egypt, mongols, }
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

;----------------- accept ------------------------------------
    declare_counter go_reforging

monitor_conditions I_EventCounter reforging_accepted = 1
    set_counter go_reforging 1
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

;------------------ reject ------------------------------------
    declare_counter without_reforging

monitor_conditions I_EventCounter reforging_declined = 1
    set_event_counter without_reforging 1
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

to make the "elven kingdom reforging" script chapter active ever so i dont "miss" it.

I have tryed with

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

;######################### Elven reforging #############################
    ;monitor_event FactionTurnStart TrueCondition
    ;historic_event reforging true factions { egypt, mongols, } i think this cancel the question part in turn 1
    ;terminate_monitor
    ;end_monitor

;----------------- accept ------------------------------------
    declare_counter go_reforging

;monitor_conditions I_EventCounter reforging_accepted = 1 And this starts the counter ever, withouting needing the condition, not sure about the monitors part, if i should add something or
    set_counter go_reforging 1 remove one of those at the end of this paragraph
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

;------------------ reject ------------------------------------
    ;declare_counter without_reforging

;monitor_conditions I_EventCounter reforging_declined = 1 And as i want it active ever, this is useless, so i cancelled it too
    ;set_event_counter without_reforging 1
    ;terminate_monitor
    ;end_monitor

AS i thought that would cancel the question in turn 1 and start the counter to activate the elven kingdom reforging script part. Would that be enought? Thanks in advance for any tip you can provide.

Regards:

melvidh

Hello, I would like to start modding units for TATW like editing models and textures, so here I am to ask you where to start. I have seen some threads being opened and units worked on but only a few of them actually being released and that is the reason why I want to be able to make these changes myself.

Any suggestions and tips are very welcome.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Hello UK730, welcoem to TWC!

The Mod Workshop is your waterhole then, enjoy the Tools, Tutorials, and Resources-section;
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...r-Mod-Workshop

The prime advice I can give you is that patience and perseverance are key, but if you manage that, you should deliver on your visions

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Thank you Ngugi. I've seen quite a few of the tutorials in the past few days and spent many hours experimenting with units. I must say, it really takes a lot of patience and precision but other than that it's not as hard as I thought. I might even put a few of the pictures in the screenshot thread.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Looking foreward to it

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Hi! I wanted to convert a footmen with sword and shield to a footmen with two swords. I have used the Mesh_2_ms3d_beta_1_8 to covert models from .mesh to .ms3d, and then milkshape 3D to merge two models. I took a right-hand sword from the model, made a simetry an obteined a left-hand sword. Then I took away the left-hand shield from another model. Hence I merge both of them in order to obtain the two swords footmen. I have tested on game but the left-hand sword does not appear. Am I missing something? Must I indicate the programe some way that the sword is attached in the left hand?

Also, I copied a similar entry of the original soldier in battle_models.modeldb, changing the model entries. Maybe I should indicate here the left sword somehow?

I will appreciate any help you can provide!

In Milkshape click Groups, click your sword, then Comment. There should be;

shield
    shield

Or something like that, 3 lines so remove additional ones or add it in, then change shield to sword2 or whatever name you use. There are a couple other things it could be too.
    Last edited by alreadyded; August 15, 2017 at 01:19 PM.

Did: I renamed it in Groups to sword02, then wrote in comments:

Sword
    Sword02

Unfortunetly now the game crashes and doesn't start. What other things could it be?

Just put your second sword in the same group as the first then (or any group), and reuse the preexisting comment (remove your comment before merging). You are messing something up in the comments I would need to see the model to know what. Don't get fancy just keep it simple and reuse groups for now. Then once you get it working try regrouping again if you want.

The entire model can be one group with one comment even, the game doesn't care about groups only that the comments are proper, so make a backup and test it that way if the above doesn't work.
    Last edited by alreadyded; August 17, 2017 at 02:19 PM.

Maenor's Avatar Libertus

Would anyone be willing to share a TGA of Vanilla Rivendell? I'm getting errors with the IWTE

EDIT Nevermind! I finally managed to get it working!! Thanks anyway!

Just to get a grasp of how things should be made when dealing with this deep valleys

Cheers and thanks for any kind of help!

EDIT: Also, what's the rule of thumb regarding rivers? Should i make the -what's the word- "Lower terrain" now or modify/create it later with the polygon editing tools?
    I just don't know "how much" detail should one put into the TGA... I mean, should i just make the entire terrain there and leave relatively small details to the other live editing tools(?) Or is the TGA just for a very basic raw shape? Graphical Stuff is just so new to me lol

Thanks again guys!!
    Last edited by Maenor; August 18, 2017 at 09:03 PM.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Update Status 2017-01-14: Development of MOS has tentatively resumed.

Hello,

Is there a limit to how many hidden resources you can have? I read an old RTW thread [maybe, cant remember where] that said you could just create a new hidden resource and then call it what you want ... does that ring true?

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    Just put your second sword in the same group as the first
    How do I merge the two groups in one? I've been testing but still nothing

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Update Status 2017-01-14: Development of MOS has tentatively resumed.

Quote Originally Posted by mxprz View Post
    Hello,

Is there a limit to how many hidden resources you can have? I read an old RTW thread [maybe, cant remember where] that said you could just create a new hidden resource and then call it what you want ... does that ring true?
    That'd be 64 it seems. If you run out I presume you can use combinations of hidden resources to increase the number. With 3 hidden resources you can make 7 different combinations for example: A, B, C, AB, AC, BC, ABC

Hi! I would also like to know how a faction could use a campaign strat model from the slaves faction. How can I give a specific general a stratmodel from the slaves so he can use it in the campaign map?

Thanks!

Merging is making them one group, you will have to figure that out or read a tutorial if you don't know how. This isn't a 101 course.

descr_model_strat.txt handles character stuff.