Page 76 of 78 FirstFirst ... 265166676869707172737475767778 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1545

Thread: Modding Questions and Help Thread

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: Modding Questions and Help Thread

Doh, yeah, simply went with the notion that "the guild does it" so copy pasted the first levels effects, but you're right, hehe, these bonuses "merely" lower costs.

Should instead be
    Code:
                    construction_time_bonus_other bonus 50
                    construction_time_bonus_defensive bonus 50
                    construction_time_bonus_religious bonus 50
    I take it

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Well what can I say - after trying to change some unit voices (upon selecting them on the battlefield) a couple of days ago I had no success. Yesterday I selected a unit by chance which I gave a new voice and the unit apparently had a voice! It seems that I just need to restart my PC in order to make my changes work in game... I am confused but hey I take it^^

So with this out of the way I will try again to look up the construction boost and see what I can do!
    Thanks for the tip!

I also want to change some more when it comes down to buildings and restrictions. (High) Elves can not build the highest tier of roads - I think they are now called trade roads or still great roads. My aim is to enable (as an example) Imladris (Egypt) to build great roads. Where and how can I allow them (add this building to the faction of Imladris) to build up great roads like Gondor, ND and the Dwarves?

Secondly I hate the plague feature in the game. I want to get completely rid of plague in DaC or turn down the effects (killing people, characters and soldiers) to basically zero.

I hope that someone can help me out again through linking a tutorial or give me some tips
    Thanks very much!
    Last edited by scolsie1; November 04, 2018 at 02:17 PM.

Well what can I say - after trying to change some unit voices (upon selecting them on the battlefield) a couple of days ago I had no success. Yesterday I selected a unit by chance which I gave a new voice and the unit apparently had a voice! It seems that I just need to restart my PC in order to make my changes work in game... I am confused but hey I take it^^
    The engine moves in mysterious ways hehe

I also want to change some more when it comes down to buildings and restrictions. (High) Elves can not build the highest tier of roads - I think they are now called trade roads or still great roads. My aim is to enable (as an example) Imladris (Egypt) to build great roads. Where and how can I allow them (add this building to the faction of Imladris) to build up great roads like Gondor, ND and the Dwarves?
    Open export_descr_buildings.txt
    Look up "highways" and you'll see what factions and cultures that can build it within the brackets:
    Code:
    highways city requires factions { gondor, southern_european, russia, turks, normans, } and building_present_min_level masons_lodge grand_lodge and event_counter bree_allied 1
    Add egypt (Imladris) and saxons (Lindon) in order to allow them to build it:
    Code:
    highways city requires factions { gondor, southern_european, russia, turks, normans, egypt, saxons, } and building_present_min_level masons_lodge grand_lodge and event_counter bree_allied 1

Secondly I hate the plague feature in the game. I want to get completely rid of plague in DaC or turn down the effects (killing people, characters and soldiers) to basically zero.
    It's been as removed as is possible, by TATW originally and none been able to reduce it further; what's still in is hard coded it seems.

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Vifarc's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by scolsie1 View Post
    (High) Elves can not build the highest tier of roads - I think they are now called trade roads or still great roads. My aim is to enable (as an example) Imladris (Egypt) to build great roads.
    For the elves, the plague feature is the go-west feature. Imagine the rat icon is a boat. Maybe then the feature will please you.
    > > Divide&Conquer submod user, playing RealmOfLothlõrien (ThirdAge mod). < <
    My small products here.

As I understand, from reading the forums, that the AI is getting bonuses to the auto resolve, based on the campaign difficulty. Is it possible to edit/remove these bonuses? I would prefer a setup, where the AI gets all the usual bonuses from H/VH, but the autoresolve works as it would be normal. Thx!

Hmm, seems it is hard coded and if so can't be affected.
    Could not find any threads on the topic that offer other input; http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...solve-Question

I see. Thanks Ngugi for checking.

I rebalanced it quite a bit and plan to focus on it more. Some difficulty bonuses are hardcoded but they affect many things not just auto-resolve. I don't think autoresolve is hardcoded, just very simple settings that don't allow much, essentially rock/paper/scissors. I also don't think the AI even gets a bonus in the autoresolve code, these are probably the bonuses that affect many things. This is not beginner modder stuff, but you may be able to copy/paste my stuff and get it working in whatever mod you are playing.

The easier solution would be to add a unit bonus for experience for the player faction only to a building and use that to balance autoresolve to your liking. Editing the buildings file is saved game compatible so you can save before a battle and test it.
    Last edited by alreadyded; November 20, 2018 at 08:21 AM.

Silvan Heir's Avatar Libertus

Default Sub Mod Creation in Progress for Dwarves (Hobbit Films)

Edit #1:

I no longer need help thanks.
    Last edited by Silvan Heir; January 05, 2019 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvan Heir View Post
    Hello. Can someone tell me how to change the in game battle horn of a faction to a movie related sound ?

Example: Change a dwarf rally sound to the sound ThorinII made when he charged the orcs during the battle of Moria. I'm working on my own little mod.
    That's no issue.

I do not know what experience you have with soundmodding, so I note that you must unpack the .dat- and .idx-files in data/sounds first.
    A description to how to do this and to get the tool for it, see: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=352289
    Read the section named Prerequisites and how to use them [do note that you do not need the Medieval II soundfiles that are linked to because they're in DaC already].
    Note that your extractor-code should look like this:
    Code:
    .\xidx.exe -x SFX
    pause
    since you want to edit horns and not voices

The sound-file must be a .wav-file.
    Place it in data/sounds/SFX/Individual/War_Horns

Open descr_sounds_units_anims.txt in the data-folder.
    Look up the War Horn-section:
    Code:
    ;##### SOUNDS - WAR HORNS #####
    Dwarves use the southern european sound-theme (red), so look that up.
    Then either replace the existing sounds with yours (the three in blue below in DaC's case), or add your new to them for even more ones;
    Code:
        culture southern_european
            event
                folder data/sounds/SFX/Individual/War_Horns
                horn_dwarves1
                horn_dwarves2
                horn_dwarves3
            end
    Save and close the text-file.

After the coding is done you should backup your SFX.idx and SFX.dat as well as your events.idx and events.dat.
    Then delete the Voice.idx, Voice.dat, events.idx and events.dat and start your game (the files are recreated) and you can test in custom battle.
    Last edited by Ngugi; January 06, 2019 at 02:26 AM.

Thanks Ngugi. I'll start working on it now, and the linked tutorial will also show me how to give only a specific general's horn different sounds ? Or will I only be able to change it faction wide?

Faction wide - in fact for all Dwarven factions, as war horn is bound to culture and not faction nor general.

The only way to make it an individual, or somewhat individual, effect in that way ought to be to tie the sound to a hero ability on the battlefield, and that ability then is uniqe to the general or a few generals.
    A tutorial on the topic of ability-sound; http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...cts&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Faction wide - in fact for all Dwarven factions, as war horn is bound to culture and not faction nor general.

The only way to make it an individual, or somewhat individual, effect in that way ought to be to tie the sound to a hero ability on the battlefield, and that ability then is uniqe to the general or a few generals.
    A tutorial on the topic of ability-sound; http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...cts&highlight=
    Hero abilities seem to be what I was aiming for then thank you !
    Last edited by Silvan Heir; January 06, 2019 at 02:49 AM.

Do so; I did the same in DCI in fact, so if you want the horn soundfile we have just give me a heads up.
    Last edited by Ngugi; January 06, 2019 at 03:36 AM.

No problem I'll let you know then .

Sir Matthias's Avatar Tiro

Can you start factions with other faction's map information in descr_strat?

No, afraid not.
    That might be possible via script (like spawning and deleting spies next to AI factions' settlements at turn 1) but I'm no scripter so can't propose anything practical, and I do would forsee it to require quite a massive script (as DaC has almost 200 provinces).
    As a side note how they solved this for Roman factions in Rome 1 I do not know but not seen it repeated in any M2 mod.
    Last edited by Ngugi; January 07, 2019 at 09:32 AM.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

You can take a look at Visible Allied Settlements script by Baron Samedi from his submod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-V5-0-RELEASED!!!

Sir Matthias's Avatar Tiro

Too bad, though I might pilfer quite a bit from baron samedi's stuff

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

I'm trying to mod a very minor issue, and I'm running into CTDs.
    I'd like to give Gondor Guardsmen some proper armour upgrade. I notice there are already mesh and texture for the said upgrade, so I simply followed to format laid out in modeldb for other entries, but to no avail.
    Note that I have the number count and the file path correct (I moved the texture for easy copy-paste job).

Is the texture from the past versions broken, hence my problem? Or I am doing something wrong entirely?

I'm using Enhanced MOS, but that shouldn't be a problem to model db I assume.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    20 gondor_guardsmen_ug1
    1 1
    53 unit_models/_Units/NGU/gondor_guardsmen_ug1_lod0.mesh 6400
    6 sicily
    65 unit_models/_Units/NGU/textures/gondor_guardsmen_ug1_diff.texture
    65 unit_models/_Units/NGU/textures/gondor_guardsmen_ug1_norm.texture
    51 unit_sprites/sicily_gondor_guardsmen_ug1_sprite.spr
    4 merc
    65 unit_models/_Units/NGU/textures/gondor_guardsmen_ug1_diff.texture
    65 unit_models/_Units/NGU/textures/gondor_guardsmen_ug1_norm.texture
    51 unit_sprites/sicily_gondor_guardsmen_ug1_sprite.spr
    6 sicily
    76 unit_models/_Units/NGU/attachments/gondor_guardsmen_attachments_diff.texture
    76 unit_models/_Units/NGU/attachments/gondor_guardsmen_attachments_norm.texture 0
    4 merc
    76 unit_models/_Units/NGU/attachments/gondor_guardsmen_attachments_diff.texture
    76 unit_models/_Units/NGU/attachments/gondor_guardsmen_attachments_norm.texture 0
    4 None
    10 MTW2_Spear 0
    18 MTW2_Spear_primary
    14 fs_test_shield 0
    16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002

Any help would be appreciated!