Page 70 of 78 FirstFirst ... 204560616263646566676869707172737475767778 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1545

Thread: Modding Questions and Help Thread

Maenor's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Modding Questions and Help Thread

Oh man! Thank you so much!

... One problem tho... I had already made a custom unit for Glorfindel! (Mithlond Nobles) now i feel bad for making you write that detailed amazing answer!

Sorry for not mentioning that! D:

Otherwise thanks again for your help Ngugi! Really looking forward to your Last Alliance mod!!

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Ah, haha, should perhaps had asked for more details about how far you got first - but it can always come in handy in the future when someone ask a similar question, so no worry
    Step 5 should still be useful for you, at least.

Thanks

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Maenor's Avatar Libertus

Solved!
    Last edited by Maenor; May 11, 2017 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Dumb Question

Maenor's Avatar Libertus

Hello there! This is more of a question for the sake of curiosity! Playing around with the E.D.U.txt and the stat_pri for missile units i forgot to add the 0's for the ammunition amount of a modified unit i'm making... For some reason when you set the ammunition to 1 the mod crashes on loading! No home menu or anything just instant crash to the desktop...

Why is this? Any particular reason for it? What's the lowest number then? Again, no problem here, i just set the number back to anything but 1 and problem solved Just want to know!

Cheers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maenor View Post
    Hello there! This is more of a question for the sake of curiosity! Playing around with the E.D.U.txt and the stat_pri for missile units i forgot to add the 0's for the ammunition amount of a modified unit i'm making... For some reason when you set the ammunition to 1 the mod crashes on loading! No home menu or anything just instant crash to the desktop...

Why is this? Any particular reason for it? What's the lowest number then? Again, no problem here, i just set the number back to anything but 1 and problem solved Just want to know!

Cheers!!
    Hardcoded game limitation I guess, probably for no good reason at all. You can set the missile amount to 2 and it'll work perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    No, only catholic factions can join crusades, that's hard coded.
    There are tutorials on how to add scripts that change religion ingame, google for it.

To be able to recruit the unit as france, having either religion as your own, you'll have to duplicate every entry for the unit then, so there's both a one for "catholic" and one for "sarumansbeard". The entries should be tied to an event [a.k.a the religion changing script]. The catholic entries can not be the same catholic entries as other faction uses, mind you.
    So that france recruit unit A with religion catholic during event X (non-converted), but recruit unit A with religion sarumansbeard during event Y (converted).
    It's not worth spending time on until the conversion script is done, though.
    Hi! After gathering time and will (specially to deal with unit recruitments in EDB ) I finally made the minimod to convert Isengards religion. This is how it works:
    1. If Isenagard gets Sauron's Ring they can choose weather to keep it or deliver it to Sauron (as usual). If they choose to keep it then the religious shift starts.
    2. After beeing excommunicated by Sauron (for keeping the ring) the religion is changed to Followers of the White-Hand (named uruk in religions.txt).
    3. Then you can build religions buildings specific to FotW-H, and rescruit units as usual.

Although the script works, I'm having the following issues:
    - most of the conquered settlements have problems with religion (it's still catholic, haven't converted yet). The pips don't display well or don't do it at all, and my religion % is over 253555 ! How can I fix this? Maybe I have to edit descr_regions.txt and add uruk 0 for each settlemet of the game?
    - before building any religious building I can construct temples both for catholic and for FotW-H, it should be just catholic before the conversion is done. Maybe I should add an coversion event required for this, how can I do this?
    - I tried to make the coversion optional by scripting the historic_event as true in the monitor_event (in campaign_script.txt), but the game crashes. How do I make it optional correctly?
    - before conversion, in the barracks description (in-game) I can see all possible recruitments descriptions doubled (for both isengards religions I guess), but it should show only one at a time. Any help? Maybe an event will solve it again...

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by aetiusaetius; May 25, 2017 at 02:27 PM.

Good work. However I am not a scripter myself and never dabbled with any religion switch-script in person, so afraid I'm not to much help.

- most of the conquered settlements have problems with religion (it's still catholic, haven't converted yet). The pips don't display well or don't do it at all, and my religion % is over 253555 ! How can I fix this? Maybe I have to edit descr_regions.txt and add uruk 0 for each settlemet of the game?
    Not implausible, test with a few and see if it works out for those?

- before building any religious building I can construct temples both for catholic and for FotW-H, it should be just catholic before the conversion is done. Maybe I should add an coversion event required for this, how can I do this?
    (...)
    - before conversion, in the barracks description (in-game) I can see all possible recruitments descriptions doubled (for both isengards religions I guess), but it should show only one at a time. Any help? Maybe an event will solve it again...
    If no one provides a solution, check how TATW did for FPoE > Arnor and see if you can reverese engineer?
    Last edited by Ngugi; May 25, 2017 at 04:32 PM.

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

If the total for all religions in a region does not equal 100 things go all wonky.

There is code needed in the buildings text file for the game to identify it as a religious building and treat it as such, you may be missing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Good work. However I am not a scripter myself and never dabbled with any religion switch-script in person, so afraid I'm not to much help.

Not implausible, test with a few and see if it works out for those?

If no one provides a solution, check how TATW did for FPoE > Arnor and see if you can reverese engineer?
    Good idea, I'll try that!

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    If the total for all religions in a region does not equal 100 things go all wonky.

There is code needed in the buildings text file for the game to identify it as a religious building and treat it as such, you may be missing this.
    I don't think I'm missing anything in buildings text but I'll have a look.

Thank you bouth of you! +rep

Hi,

I am new here with this little question...It is possible to blockade recruiting units from tier 1 and 2 after raising buildings for units from tier 3 and 4?

Just remove (or comment it out with the semi-colon ';' ) the unit from the recruit pool in the higher level barracks, in the EDB file.

Ok, thank you very much Sir

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

This is something that I don't know how to do so if somebody can explain to me step-by-step what files I would need to edit and how I would really appreciate it. The isengard Orthanc guard units since they are related to men of Dunland I would like for them to be able to be recruited by doing as mercenaries if they're in the vicinity of isengard. How would I be able to do that? To me it makes sense since they are related to them that is their people if they were being attacked I'm sure they would help in real life. This is for MOS 1.7

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

This would be a good starting point:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...dd-mercenaries

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Thank you

Maenor's Avatar Libertus

Is there any way to Debug what is wrong with the Mod?

I made some changes to the mod now the program can't even reach the main menu. it just crashes on boot

Any way to find what i did wrong?

cheers!

The Log is often a modder's best friend
    It's found in .../Medieval II Total War/logs and is a textfile that is recreated each time you start the game.
    (Note: if you start the game with either the 'Medieval II Total War'-folder or the 'log'-folder open, the log-file may not be created)

Check it for any input.
    I note that some kind of edits do not show up in the log, so it may depend on what you changed; in case it shows nothing, do tell what you have done.
    Also, there is an alternative mode for the log, that can be worth checking too, in case it shows nothing; give us a heads up.

Maenor's Avatar Libertus

Hello there! I'm back...

I'm ashamed to report that the problem was caused by a simple misspelling in the Projectile type of a unit

The log was empty tho... Was already using the recommended tools!

Thanks guys!

I am working on a script that adds tribute to both rhun and harad...I am working on the rhun version and it is workingish but I want to make sure it is efficient. This script is meant to subtract money from rhun every turn based on a range of settlements that they own. I think my version is inefficient and uses too many monitors but I have not been able to figure out a working version that uses if/and statements...any help would be appreciated.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType venice and I_LocalFaction venice
    and I_NumberOfSettlements venice >= 3
    and I_NumberOfSettlements venice <= 6
    and DiplomaticStanceFromFaction england < AtWar
    set_event_counter tier_1_tribute 1
    add_money venice -1000
    end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType venice
    and I_LocalFaction venice
    and I_NumberOfSettlements venice >= 7
    and I_NumberOfSettlements venice <= 11
    and DiplomaticStanceFromFaction england < AtWar
    set_event_counter tier_2_tribute 2
    add_money venice -2500
    end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType venice
    and event_counter tier_1_tribute = 1
    historic_event tier_1_tribute
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType venice and event_counter tier_2_tribute = 1
    historic_event tier_2_tribute
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

This script is supposed to subtract 1000 from venice when they have 3-6 settlement.. and 2500 when they have 7-11 settlements, unless Rhun is at war with mordor. The finished script will go in similar intervals all the way up to 50 settlements owned. I only wanted the historic event to fire when the new level was reached, and only fire once, not every time money is subtracted. This script works but is very clunky, is there a way to decrease the amount of monitors but get the same effect? Thanks
    Last edited by orclover; July 08, 2017 at 03:47 PM.

Is it possible to revive a dead faction through scripting?