Page 104 of 122 FirstFirst ... 45479949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 2434

Thread: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

Come on dude Ai armies do not always melee rush your armies-I and many other people on you tube use this mod and they have plenty of musket duels. As to the AI-Creative Assembly never finished the battle AI programing code for this game as the AI programmer quit after SEGA decided to move up the release date. As I see it once a melee starts the AI will throw everything in the mix to give it the advantage. Also the AI will have problems with armies over 40 units as it has path finding problems. Napoleon Total War can handle 40 unit battle better as the path finding is better. I have had many 40 unit battles and if the reinforcement come in they do sometime walk into enemy units. Move your army up before the allied army comes into the fray and the ai will have fire fights with your units. As I said you should play Napoleon for 40 unit battles plus you will have less lag and better frame rates too as the game is better optimized. Now can you change AI behavior? No. It is as it was written by Creative Assembly-but you can change things on how well the unit fights and when it gets tired out and its morale and when it will route. Try the battle on Normal or Easy and see it that helps.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; July 26, 2017 at 11:02 PM.

Bran i downloaded your darthmod volley fire at post one
    i have a problem....When i play in early battle infantry does volley fire but in late infantry does fire by rank....so in ultimate late campaign infantry fire by rank...
    What can i do?
    I think it's a technologies problem no?
    please help
    thx for your work man

Civis

Bran

Nothing against your mod or work at all!!!! I figured that the Creative Assembly did not finish the game's AI, and did not give modders the ability to totally fix the battle AI. Your mods are wonderful and greatly respected. I believe that I am using way to many unit stacks, and as you said the game has its limits. For now I most likely will stick to 40 instead of 55-65 as that is to much for the AI to understand and use properly. I installed Napoleon earlier today, and am now installing Darth Mod for it with other various mods. Nothing against Napoleon, but it does not have the same feeling as Empire, though it still is a very good game. I had to uninstall my last Napoleon because everytime I fought against Napoleon it caused a crash, but I believe it is because I downloaded to many french unit mod packs. As I said Bran, you have been a great help and are a great modder. Very much appreciated. Thank you.

Laetus

Hello Bran ! I have some questions :

1) Have the AI some bonuses on higher difficulties ? For example, spam many armies quicker than human player ?
    2) Does the AI make some wars and expand with your "regional development" mod ?

Thanks for your answers !

Patrician

nackif- Ai gets some bonuses with Slaughter versions and of course Ai will expand in all versions-that is the point of the settings.

Laetus

Hello ! thanks ! I found the AI too aggressive with your original files ! Nice mod anyway

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Bran, is there anything at all you did to the game mechanics of rakes/(all agents?) and ships in your DME_darthmod versions? When I try to use one of them on my Mac, I can't move ships between theatres or into/out of trade nodes, and I can't move rakes into neutral territory without declaring war first, as if it was an army. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Patrician

I did nothing with Rakes or ships moving into different theaters. Most likely it has to do with MAC version of game.

Bran please Ai battle is stupid ai infantry fire behind his own other infantry troops and so ai have a lot of cassualties done by ai itself...What can i do in PFM to change that? Is There really no possibilities to disable this fuc***** friendly fire??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    I did nothing with Rakes or ships moving into different theaters. Most likely it has to do with MAC version of game.
    Strange because normal Darthmod, and mods for other tw games have never given me mac specific problems
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Guys, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. I've downloaded the first file and expected volley fire. The entirety of the unit fire the first volley when the enemy is in range, but then they just proceed to fire at will and there are no more volleys.

Please tell me this is not the best it can do in terms of volley fire, because that is not volley fire.

Bran, did you ever find a fix for the BSM_off file?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gears24 View Post
    Guys, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. I've downloaded the first file and expected volley fire. The entirety of the unit fire the first volley when the enemy is in range, but then they just proceed to fire at will and there are no more volleys.

Please tell me this is not the best it can do in terms of volley fire, because that is not volley fire.
    Mate they don't fire all at once with fire at will because some reload faster than others, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Mate they don't fire all at once with fire at will because some reload faster than others, that's it.

I know what fire at will is mate, but in the game it's not a realistic fire at will, it just means the unit will automatically target and use what ever fire drill has been researched, such as Fire by Rank which only functions automatically when you have the Fire at Will button enabled.

Now my original question is, does the volley fire drill that this mod claims to add, actually function as a volley after volley, or does it just do the first volley and then each man fires in his own time? Because that's not volley fire.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gears24 View Post
    I know what fire at will is mate, but in the game it's not a realistic fire at will, it just means the unit will automatically target and use what ever fire drill has been researched, such as Fire by Rank which only functions automatically when you have the Fire at Will button enabled.

Now my original question is, does the volley fire drill that this mod claims to add, actually function as a volley after volley, or does it just do the first volley and then each man fires in his own time? Because that's not volley fire.
    Oh I see. You could try turning off FaW and instead target the enemy with your unit, but if that doesn't work then turning FaW off until all the soldiers have reloaded then on again so they fire together may work... Apart from that I don't think so

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Oh I see. You could try turning off FaW and instead target the enemy with your unit, but if that doesn't work then turning FaW off until all the soldiers have reloaded then on again so they fire together may work... Apart from that I don't think so
    Okay, so I've tested the first thing you mentioned and I'm afraid that doesn't work. The second option is not worth trying as that level of micromanagement would just make me lose battles.

So all in all, this mod doesn't actually add volley firing. It just makes all relevant units use skirmish fire mode. That's really disappointing.

Thanks anyway.

Epic28's Avatar Senator

So I haven't used this submod yet, but I've had to abandon an Early Prussian Darthmod 8.1 campaign 85 turns in due to the Ottoman turn lag bug (1 hour between turns). Didn't realize this was still a thing after a 4+ year break from ETW...

Seeing as Bran's submod seems to be the most active spot for the mod right now, I want to try another campaign but really want to know the best solution to avoid the Ottoman lag again. I'm debating just starting a Late campaign as Austria and going after them.

Any suggestions? Does this mod legitimately fix the issues because it seems like a bug that once it begins, usually never goes away if you let it get too far into your end turns (btw I've tried everything in my Prussia campaign from ESF editing, region swapping, treasury depletion, declaring war, you name it..all failed)
    Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse.
    All war depends upon it.

Patrician

Epic28- use the Regional Development Version on Normal and put a fleet in the Bosborus strait and or occupy Istanbul.

Patrician

NEW- MASS FIRE VERSIONAll Line and Elite unit first 3 lines all fire together and then reload. By Request. POST #26

If I will download #23 Super slaugter/Hard economy it will improve enemy units stats on battle map? And what type of firing use #23 file?

There is possible to start Darthmod with 4 tpy from 1700 ?
    Last edited by Degnan; August 21, 2017 at 02:35 PM.