Page 76 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2651666768697071727374757677787980818283848586101 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 2434

Thread: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

Default Re: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

Bran, can you update version from post #17 pls ?

will be testing the new update during the weekend. sounds promising

the only thing i have a problem with acording to morale is when cavalary run with 98% of the unit left(often happends when you flank them around your enemy)

or the fatigue, it takes 10 minutes plus to go from very tired to just tired. dont know if thats something you can fix bran. probibly a vanilla thing.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Degnan- Your update is now ready

My god, its like mowing stuff down with machine guns giving line inf volley fire at least its easier to kill cav, never got why only the front rank fired at them.

Patrician

UPDATE: Post #6 file 2. Adjusted morale settings. Lionheartx10.

Dam it, getting a crash with a fresh install. Ive tried deleting the preference script to no avail

Starting campaign as Britain. Hard/Normal. 20 turn now. I saw that many CAI's armies sitting in towns. And this was a full stacks. I thoght they must push forward?. I make some screenshots:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-09-29_00005.jpg   2015-09-29_00004.jpg   2015-09-29_00003.jpg   2015-09-29_00002.jpg   2015-09-29_00001.jpg  

Last edited by Degnan; September 29, 2015 at 01:36 PM.

Same for me, everyone seems to build up huge army's and just stand about, on my current campaign the ottomans have 8 stacks of 20 units around Egypt. I don't even know how the one settlement nations such as Saxony, or savoy can afford to upkeep three army's.

Bran, can you switch dme darthmod files during a campaign? I guess not.

Can anyone who uses the tight formations file, put some pictures up.

Patrician

1. Too early in your campaign( 1704) 2. They are building armies first before they move out. 3. Modded to defend their capital. 4. Modded to defend their land. 5. AI has to be at war. 6. Small nations modded to stay in the game longer so not to be destroyed early by bigger factions. 7. Play campaign on Hard or Very Hard 8. Go and attack them and see what happends
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; September 30, 2015 at 08:46 AM.

Patrician

Dxman captures Britain! Way to Go http://www.twitch.tv/carolus_laus/v/18540090

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

1)I usually see british armies(and other nations do it) loaded on ships sitting somewhere on map.Thats why he did it.Ai attacks with some delay leaving some cities low on troops.And when he gets invaded doesnt utilize the spare armies to recapture.He rarely does.
    2)AI MORTAR CREWS attack you in melee when they out of range.
    3)when ai tries to break a siege it should start with his army outside the fort because he delays to exit the fort and doesnt attack in mass
    4)At an old request i had asked ai to gain + in relationships when you make them offers so that their opinion may change.Does this still work?The only way to change an attitude is by giving them money.
    5)No more nations at war with you being as friendly.
    6) what does threaten button do?.It only makes ai hostile with you.Maybe you should change something here
    7)call your allies to help make your allies chose sides.they should either join you or your opponent
    8)Faster barracks upgrades
    9)something like VDM(vadants research mod) should be made for darthmod as well
    10)ai artillery should never limber but ONLY IF OUT OF RANGE.CONSTANT FIRE should occur

Some of my view and notices:

1) I think CAI must be much more agressive and pushing, landing etc. Perhaps some money boost for him. As I said before, many armies just staying in towns. And it happen very often.

2) Nobody declared war to me except Hurons on the first turn. It's playing easy even if I choice VH. I have trade agreements with 10-12 countries and my money income more than 30k on twentieth turn.

3) Very low Europeans activity in India and America(especially in south America and islands)

Best regards, Degnan

Using file one atm, one major problem atm it seems any type of grenadier wont use volley fire, and will only fire with the front rank

Patrician

Working on update now with your reports. Thanks for feedback Will be uploaded soon.

Patrician

UPDATE Better Tech Research, Construction Behavior, Diplomatic bonus and penalties, AI will attack sooner,some morale tweaks, Posts #1 , 6, 17. play test 50 turns and see- report back. Take a look at DXman twitch channel campaign as Sweden and the AI attacks and counter attacks. Great 40 unit battles!

Hiya, I'm a long time fan of DM and a recent convert to Bran Mac Born's edits

In your first post you say the AI is at it's best using volley fire. However I like using FBR. Does this make the AI blob more? I can live with the reload-animation delay (which doesn't seem to be a problem in NTW), but I'd like to know if FBR actually makes the AI worse

Edit: thankyou very much for the quick reply
    Last edited by Tough Puppy; October 02, 2015 at 10:28 AM.

Patrician

It helps the AI react better because it does not have to stop and go through the animation cycle that is buggy. The Ai does not blob and it lays down a lot of lead your way. It is mass volley fire and you can shread incoming Cav attacks.

Bran is correct, the volley fire makes the ai react better, but it still favour's charging randomly into your lines, and struggles to form a line. Its a shame it cant be modded so that the first two ranks just fire.

Is it save compatible Bran? will grenadier's use volley fire? thanks

britain was quite easy to qonquer, they still have ireland left in europe but i dont expect anny big recistance there tho. but at the same time as i was capturing britain both france and spain declared war against me and they are both quite big at this stage. luckily i managed to negotiate a truce betwen me and the ottomans so i can send my eastern armys west. looking forward to these next couple of turns, im expecting to loose some territory in the begining since i only have one army left in the west since france destroyed my veteran army at wurthenburg.

Played a major naval battle aswell outside london i think, around 55 ships, i made some real blunders though. and took some unnesesary loses. im a better admiral then that! gonna test the new update now cheers everyone!

hmm, I seem to have encountered a bug when playing as an Indian tribe (I forget the name). Some of my 'hidden' units are invisible to me if I zoom too far out. If I get them to run (which is when they are 'revealed' to the enemy) I can see them but as soon as they come to a halt, from a distance they disappear. I've searched the Empire General Discussion and also DME forums but to no avail.

I'm using DME from post #12 (hard econ, FBR). The only thing I've change in PFM is the ability of units to place stakes. Any help is very much welcome

Edit: as Cherokee my bowmen and warriors become invisible, while as Iroqouis just bowmen. Not much of a problem, as I don't intend to play them in campaign.
    Last edited by Tough Puppy; October 02, 2015 at 03:10 PM.