Thread: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

Degnan-you remember wrong. You have not said anything about said mod. You ask silly questions. Play the mod and find out for yourself.

using file number 17 on your list that you have one pg one.
    everything works great... formations are beautiful, the men fire in force and keep pouring on the fire! everyone on the map is super aggressive even if they don't posses a good army they will attack everywhere. from the first 2 turns is war! its epic! however .......
    in combat... Ive noticed that units stay in the fights wayy too long. sustaining massive casualties all at once should make them route... don't get me wrong some units just have the stuff but (play with large scale armies) i have militia fighting from 700 strong to 95 men in mere second and still holding with flank and rear attacked! how can i keep these formation and loose the everyone is a hero morale system?

I enjoy this mod very much. The only thing I hate is that attackers can deploy fortifications. It means double the ANNOYING anti-cavalry spikes! Is there any option to set it back to default so that only fortified defenders can deploy fortifications?

Or even better is there a way to either nerf anti-cav spikes or completely remove them from the game?

Patrician

Mrgrigsad-change unit abilities table with a checkmark on deployable defenses.

Patrician

NEW SPECIAL VERSION FOR IMPERIAL GUARD. MORALE CHANGE SO ARMIES WILL BREAK SOONER.

Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Mrgrigsad-change unit abilities table with a checkmark on deployable defenses.
    Thanks for the reply! It worked. I also tried to set the square formation to default so that it's not availible from the beginning and requires a tech to be researched. But the icon of this tech is missing from the tech tree. Is there a way to set the tech tree and firing modes (like volley fire, fire by rank etc.) to default but keep your awesome AI and economy tweaks?

Is is possible to get a download link for the hannover/dagestan bug fix for the CUSTOM Campaign. The link on Page 1 only works for the Ultimate Campaigns and the Empire Grand.

Patrician

UPDATE: DAGESTAN PROTECTORATE BUG FIX NOW INCLUDES CUSTOM CAMPAIGN. SEE POST #3

Thanks for the reply but when I install it, Hannover and Dagestan are still there and the proceed to make several protectorates on turn 1. Help is appreciated

Patrician

Hannover is part of Britain and Dagestan is part of Russia I do not see it on my end. Try another campaign

Are you playing the CUSTOM Campaign that allows you to play as Bavaria, Denmark, etc? When I play Custom Campaign Hannover and Dagestan are still there. The fix still works on the Early, Late, and Grand Campaigns but not for Custom. I also tried playing different nations but with no success.

Bran Mac Born! you are the man! thank you for contributing to my addiction

So if I start campaign with 40 units army It doesn't have crash a game in huge battles?

I just don't want start campaign and then leave it on 15-20 turn because of game crash.

Bran if i double units morale will ai units replenishment rate be changed too?(because soldiers fight longer and so there are more cassualties)

Patrician

napoleon2905-I would not double the morale as it will cause bizarre AI behavior. Yes it will take longer to replenish armies.

Ok thx bran

Hi Bran, thanks for the great work on the mod, really changes the game for the better. Just wanted to comment a small issue I'm experiencing (or maybe not).

I am using file #21 alongside your version of the AUM Mod. Recently playing a campaign and noticed that some of the AUM units weren't mass volley firing and others were, so what I was seeing was only the front line firing for one type of unit and every single member of another unit would be mass volley firing. I haven't really played enough vanilla to know if this is the norm as it tends to be more elite units not firing mass volley. Is this maybe an issue of compatibility with the two files?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks, Matt

Hey Bran, I'm using file #28 - Ottoman Bug Kill Version with a more subversive AI, so far so good but I would like to know if it makes any changes to the armies, the damage and stuff because before using it my line infantry army would defeat almost easily a Maratha army for example, now It's kinda tough, I still defeat them but with a lot of casualties and makes it hard to progress.
    Thank you for your work anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ruben2012 View Post
    Hey Bran, I'm using file #28 - Ottoman Bug Kill Version with a more subversive AI, so far so good but I would like to know if it makes any changes to the armies, the damage and stuff because before using it my line infantry army would defeat almost easily a Maratha army for example, now It's kinda tough, I still defeat them but with a lot of casualties and makes it hard to progress.
    Thank you for your work anyway.
    And I forgot to mention, it seems that the line infantry already fires by rank without the technology, is it included in the file #28 or is just me seeing wrong? By the way I'm using your music mod and it's fantastic in battle but in the campaign map it's very repetitive to be honest but apart from that, excellent work!