Page 62 of 122 FirstFirst ... 123752535455565758596061626364656667686970717287112 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 2434

Thread: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

What I usually see is the Ai in defense will not move and I have to force them into some action. I see different behavior on maps with hills and towns, when the Ai defends-they usually do not advance on my positions. On flat type map they advance on me. So it could be hard coded behavior. And yes the Ai factions will try to destroy you if you are at war.

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

different map different behaviour is correct;espesially maps with houses are very buggy too.What about forbit them deploy about low walls?
    Also i noticed withdraw button and agents sabotage army are unavailable

Libertus

Hi Bran,

I want to make a few comments about your submod. First of all in general it's a very good mod but there are some flaws:
    - most important: most of the time I get a some sort of CTD when I press the next turn button. After a while it's possible again to return to the game, but this is quite annoying. Never had this with the 'vanilla' darthmod
    - At the moment my GB campaign isn't playable anymore due to a next turn freeze when I encounter the ottomans in the next-turn phase. I know this bug existed also in the vanilla darthmod and the general vanilla version of ETW, but now my campaign isn't playable at all...so I have to start a new campaign.
    - During a battle, when the enemy cavalry charges they stop literally in front of my musketeers...and get slaughtered. It really looks like they want to be slaughtered They don't make any contact with my musketeers whatsoever...

I hope you can fix these issues. However, I like your submod very much. Especially your NTW mod!! Here I don't face any troubles.

Patrician

Arie I have never got any CTD in my test games. Played 200 turns no CDT. Enemy Cav don't stop they charge right through. Everyone knows about the Ottoman turn bug. Part a fleet in the straight by Instanbul or take out the city. That is the only way to stop the bug.
    Sir Aggelos I will see about those buttons. Cav attack work fine they do not stop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cav attack.jpg  
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; January 17, 2015 at 10:48 PM.

Libertus

Hi Bran,

I think I had to start a new campaign before everything was settled down I am playing as france now and I dont get any CTD's anymore.
    However I have some comments: did you implement night battles in your submod? Because sometimes the battlefield is very dark and it looks like the battle takes place at night. I can hardly see my own troops, not mentioning the enemies'...besides the national flags of course. I was wondering if it's normal or maybe it's a bug...
    Besides I put your large deplyoment mod into my empire/data folder, and I have to comments about it. In the vanilla darthmod a large deployment already has been implemented so why did you make an extra large deployment mod? And it seems with or withour your large deployment mod, I get a small deployment zone I've never seen it in vanilla darthmod because large deployment has always been enabled. But since I installed your mod I get only small deployment zones, very frustrating when you fight a 40vs40 unit battle Can you tell me how to fix this? Thanks!

I really experience a more aggressive AI, better developement of cities and on very hard battle difficulty, this game again offers a real challenge. Well done!

Patrician

UPDATE: Bigger AI armies to invade your lands. Posts 1 and 7 and 9

Patrician

UPDATE: ALL Versions are now updated with better Campaign AI behaviors You will encounter bigger badder armies that will invade in FORCE
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; January 23, 2015 at 04:37 PM.

hi guys, im thinking about starting my dusty empire version again, i was here in the start playing but that was a very long time ago.. so with a fresh copy of the game, i would like to play a 40x unit card campain, what version of this do u recomend and exatly where do i wonload it? thx in advance guys

Patrician

DXman-Post#9 Hard economy version if you want a real tough campaign. or the regular version post#1 one file #1 mass volley fire version..

Libertus

Hi Bran, can you please help me with the deployment issue? Btw are your new updates save game compatible?

Patrician

Arie if you are using ALB Deployment mod remove it and just click on the large deployment zones in the Darth launcher under game settings. And I do believe it is save compatible as I have not got any crash to desk top.

Finished/Lost again a dutch campaign.I lost due to my mistake.I Attacked flanders with my 30 unit stack army leaving capital unguarded spanish not attacked me in flanders they made a diversion and attacked my capital instead of flanders!ALLIANCES WERE france&spain against me dutch & britain& prussia& austria.My allies didnt help me very much just the normal ones port blocades and britain possesed hannover tried once to invade westphalia and got repelled;probably they didnt have military access to help.Prussia loaded a stack to a fleet but it stayed stucked in denmarks peninsula as if it was stuck!I didnt see them invade spain or france the turns i was alive
    It was tough and troops more expensive but managed to control the ai french and spanish at a distance.Saw some things.
    Only 3 nations got destroyed very quickly.MARATHA,MYSORE and Saxony
    the first 2 are allies and are always get steamrolled by mughal ai.Other europeans in India seem to keep their territories but not maratha and mysore.Reason is the following mughal has more starting territories and attacks raids the fewer maratha regions ruing their economy,in 10 turns they are dead they keep invading from everywhere as maratha territories are completely surrounded.
    Saxony is the first victim in europe from the mighty austria and some times from prussia.Its role is very important as its the natural barrier between austria and prussia.An early collapse makes prussia valnurable to collapse and can make austria reach the north sea very very early,perhaps other german nations bavaria/wurthembourg/westpalia hannover or prussia should help them more early in the game and after that try to conquer them.its the barrier to stop austria till prussia is strong
    I also saw reenforcing army general suicide attack
    and besieged town accept surrounder even getting powerful reenforcements.This should never happen.
    battles were good even though ai fights with zeal and you can see ai's regiments and ships fight till total destruction.Enemy regiments,even militia ones,reduced to 10-20 men still fighting and heavily damaged ships still dont route.I play on difficulty set to hard
    Battles seem interesting that way as they are tough.
    My campaign was short so i didnt see if ai research barracks techs,probably not but it was too early to say that probably they select it later
    Ai should also try to form more alliances when in danger thing that i have not seen even ask the human to help him.Espesially those custum natinos that owe 1 region only should try and the human for help/alliance or suggest getting protectorated.
    Hope in custum 1 region nation campaigns this stupid British overagressiveness is not present.British always attack you
    I also see that artillery regiments as stuck to 18 men(3 guns) as launcher option for x2 guns is not working.
    AGENT SABOTAGE ARMY ABILITY NOT PRESent
    ruined flags that show damaged armies/fleets also are not appeared all flags are normal
    can you make ai armies that have not been infiltrated not to appear the name of troops containing show that not to know what troops they have from a distance
    Anything else you want to know?
    NOT TRIED YOUR LATEST FILE POSTED TODAY BUT THE ONE BEFORE THE LATEST
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; January 24, 2015 at 04:19 PM.

Patrician

Saxony and Marthas will get a troop balance boost. Agent Sabotage Army was not part of DarthMod. That has to edited in the Start POS file. That can be done-but is a major hassle as every single faction has to be changed. Thanks for report. Do try the newest version as it is much better.

Patrician

UPDATE: Balance for Saxon and Mugals units and more ammo for volley fire versions. Post one file one and Post #11 for Sir Aggelos testing
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; January 24, 2015 at 07:38 PM.

Libertus

Hi Bran, when I put your updated files into my data and packs folder I get an instand CTD when I start a new campaign...I only replaced your new files with your older files.

Patrician

Arie what file version of the mod are you using? Do not overwrite the files. Delete the old ones and copy and paste in the new ones. Did you start a new campaign? This last one might not be save compatible as I changed some unit stats. Also verify your game file catche in Steam before you start again.. I tested file one and there is no crash on my machine.

Patrician

UPDATE: Post one file one and Post #11 adjusted invasion army size. Note: adjustments to Martha and Saxon units have really helped them out- Saxony in still in it and the Marthas have 50% of India by 1710. Before the Mugals owned them. If the Marthas steam roll them then I will adjust lower so it is a stalemate. No Ottoman turn lag with this build at all. Ottomans moving up and attacking Austria.

Patrician

UPDATE: Raised ammo and lowered accuracy for all volley fire versions and changed fatigue settings so units do not get exhausted from all the reloading to fast.
    Battles last a bit longer now.
    UPDATE: Updated Causa Bell 2.2 files to match changes made to volley fire versions.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; January 26, 2015 at 01:18 PM.

Im testing the last file playing again as Dutch.Havent played many turns,roughy 20 some tactical analysis for the campaign
    When you play as dutch france and spain will declare war on you,no matter what.French and Spanish have an advantage over land possesing France and Stasburg and Flanders.While you have only a region Amsterdam and you are only being helped by Westphalia and british.Strasbourg is being reenforced by french forces from the capital and strasbourg is a forward base for france to invade westphalia or dutch terrotories.
    On the other hand Spain posseses flanders and its rather weak when it declares war on you.This leaves the French exposed as they dont keep army stack in Paris.In my campaign british invaded by a fleet captured france's biggest unguarded trading port and captured france only to retreat to strasburg while on previous turn i had captured flanders.Ai double alliance is being hard pounded!
    One thing i have noticed is the following.The 3 biggest naval nations BRITAIN,SPAIN AND FRANCE have fleets but sometimes their fleet is missing.What i mean?I am telling this on 2 different sections.First from the first turn they declared war they dent blocade my port at all not for one turn.They built ships kept in in breste or givraltar moved a little but never did something to help their land forces.Secondly their fleets strangely dissapear on some turns and appear on some other i dont know where they go but their ports and shores are highly unguarded and valnurable.I could have raid france port maybe more than 20 times!Their main trade port never has ships inside,thats the reason they lost their capital,the same happens with Spain and Britain.ALL have fleets thay move it but that doesnt secure them,they are valnurable.
    Can you make them park fleets in main trading ports and NOT in shipyards?
    Big nation should always built an army stack in capital and rush war from the first turns.
    About India maratha has lost its capital satara and stays only in arcot also portugal lost goa to mughal thing should never happen so easily.Portugal should give all it has to keep Goa;perhaps a starting army their should solve it. maybe the triple alliance maratha-portugal-mysore should be strengthen more to hold against mughals.Other european nations british and french hold firmly in india.By the way saxony is holding but it was delared war from austria i dont how long it will last
    Wars and action seem to start rather fast again perhaps ai should wait before it attacks and powers itself up more.In danger zones ai should recruit like crazy from turn 1 and should leave region upgrading behind.This zones are for example flanders for spain or goa for portuguese,hannover for britain AND ALL BUT ABSOLUTELY ALL CAPITAL CITIES
    Last but not least about battles,the new morale system seems cheaty.Ai units being fired from many sides and left only with 20 men continue fighting,even militia regiments!NO morale shocks happen or if they happen the soldiers seem not to care.Battles are very good but morale shocks should happen because there is no point in flanking or charging them with cavalry.In order to make them flee the only way is to kill them all.
    In a battle i saw the ai unwilling to recapture a building i had captured.I was firing them from inside till ammo was out they were keep circling the building and not attack us by melee.they possesed an infantry regiment and 2 native archer ones
    In naval battles can you make a ships captain not to climb to the top mast and stay on the ster of his ship?You can destroy the main mast and kill their admiral that way lol.
    I will continue with the feedback
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; January 28, 2015 at 04:02 PM.

Patrician

UPDATE Better naval distribution-navies should protect there ports more and stay in there regional waters more., better army recruitment-Ai spends more on armies, better morale shock for attack enemy unit from flanks and rear.Balance of AI behavior of non euro factions. Martha/ Mughal conflict-before Marthas owned then Mughals then Marthas again. I found setting that caused this behavior so now they they should not dominate each other. Thanks for the report Sir Aggelos. Your verion is ready on post #11. All versions updated.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; July 29, 2016 at 05:28 AM.