Page 55 of 122 FirstFirst ... 53045464748495051525354555657585960616263646580105 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 2434

Thread: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

Default Re: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

Hey Bran, great mod!

Could you make a tighter formation version like the units have in Napoleon total war? Units are more responsive that way and wont get stuck on fences for the most part!

Icon5 Re: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

I don't know how to download this and ad it to DME. I se files at the bottom and im not 100% sure if those are the ones I download if they are then where would I place them?

Icon5 Re: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

I don't know how to download this and ad it to DME. I see files at the bottom and im not 100% sure if those are the ones I download if they are then where would I place them?

The only unit which should be able to have 3 lines fire at the same time in minute men cause in the road to independence campaign they do that but as for grand campaign if you mod to play as US minute men don't at like that. all other soldiers should be the same except militia they should be able to all fire at ounce due to the fact that they make up a line but its not even or organized.

Quote Originally Posted by Elianus View Post
    I believe that the way it is right now is the best choice. Troops are responsive and you see the difference in coordination between green and experienced troops, when they fire. If a unit engages some of your men in melee the others will keep firing at point blank range. The accuracy is still too high. A unit of inexperienced line infantry causing 20+ casualties from 100 metres is simply unrealistic. Muskets need to be WAY less accurate unless the firefight is from short range. I also suggest using they pike square formation instead of the hollow square. I hear it works quite well. Really loving the changes so far
    Well you have to remember muskets are inaccurate but not to the point to where they can only kill 10 soldiers if the entire line is gonna fire 20 or so men will be killed in experience or not militia the same way cause its a bigger force in Darthmod so killing 20 or so men is as realistic as it gets cause you have around 200 men firing at once instead of 30 or so me firing. Decreasing the accuracy will just make it so it kills less. Also I have had no trouble in the past with responsiveness except when I tell them to move forward it takes the line 2-3 seconds due to the fact that 2 of the lines are standing back up from a reloading crouch position.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    UPDATE: Tweaked morale settings for more realistic effect. Lowered accuracy of muskets at long range. Still working on FBR version so hold on. Tyockell18- I did not make Cavalry more powerful they have the original settings-in fact I have not modded the unit stats land other than marksmanship. The morale of troops is based on experience-green troops should break-Elites will not. I will raise up the morale a little bit and see if that helps out.
    Darthmod gives the shock of cavalry a big bonus thats why morale becomes normal and heavy cavalry have the shock trait also a general does the same and some other units which is realistic cause cavalry was devastating back then the shock is kinda like a scare to morale so changing the morale would just ruin the realism. French Swedish Prussian cavalry where the best French and Swedish being at a tie Prussia had a very well rounded and equal military from artillery to infantry to cavalry where very good and strong Also Austria had the best Skirmishers and light infantry Russia had great artillery back then until Napoleon. Ottomans had quantity over quality. Spain had bigger ships and more guns. Britain had stronger ships what i mean is the crew and hull was much stronger. Barbary pirates had the wealth. United provinces had the biggest navy De to the expansion on over seas trade the only nation to be able to trade with Japan and China so they had the wealth also Bavaria had beauty and culture wurttemburg is just there to take up space. Poland had the battle experience due to its a very old empire/kingdom

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

RogMrzackrast- Read the instructions in the first post-simple.

UPDATE: ADVANCED PLATOON FIRE VERSION. Elite Units use advanced platoon fire grouped. All other line units use Rank fire. Skirmishers use volley fire.
    Build 08/14/14. Play Hard Campaign Very Hard Battles. Unpack and place in the Empire total war data folder and data/DME/Packs folder.
    UPDATE: Volley Fire version-NO GRENADES
    Causa Belli core pack - NO GRENADES

Advance Platoon Fire
    Volley Fire No Grenades
    Causa Belli core Pack- No Grenades
    Is there a version of Causa Beli with grenades I have the original downloaded will there be any issues? I'm also adding Hofan's death animation pack will that cause issues? I was also think of adding Gourtland's musket reloading time will this cause issues as well

Patrician

USE THE CAUSA BELLI PACK FROM POST #1. Do not use that Gourtland mod. It will mess things up.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; August 24, 2014 at 12:34 AM.

SenseiJT92's Avatar Decanus

hey bud, using this mod (with the Napoleon Graphics) all the battles seemed to be covered in fog/haze, which makes it a nightmare for trying to position troops... is there any way to solve this?

Patrician

It has to do with the Napoleon graphics. Try turning off volumetric effects in graphics and use BSM_Off in graphics, weather off in graphics see if that helps if not then do not use Napoleon graphics.

UPDATE: ADVANCED PLATOON FIRE VERSION. Elite Units use advanced platoon fire grouped. All other line units use Rank fire. Skirmishers use volley fire.
    Build 08/14/14. Play Hard Campaign Very Hard Battles. Unpack and place in the Empire total war data folder and data/DME/Packs folder.
    UPDATE: Volley Fire version-NO GRENADES
    Causa Belli core pack - NO GRENADES

Advance Platoon Fire
    Volley Fire No Grenades
    Causa Belli core Pack- No Grenades

Hello.

I downloaded and installed "Advance Platoon Fire" only and it doesn't work. żWhat can i do to make it work?

Help pls.

Patrician

adanjose -does it crash the game or is it the platoon fire? Will test.

Patrician

My Darth Mod Empire is corrupted so I have to uninstall and reinstall

Patrician

UPDATE: Fix Advance Platoon Firing version-was problem with technology effects table. Post 7 file one.

Hello,
    The AI Armies seems to be created very fast, faster than me and I can't withstand the big amounts of enemy, is it a bug ?
    Go belgium!

Patrician

No. Depends on the campaign difficulty setting. But it is designed so the AI cannot just be steam rolled by the player and is more of a challenge to play.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; August 27, 2014 at 05:58 PM.

MRENGLISHRULES's Avatar Tiro

I'm going to assume the impact sounds can't be fixed.

Patrician

Not that I could figure out. When I tried my fixes the game crashed...and then would not work at all again...had to reinstall the mod. So just use the work around fix from post one that you told me about. You will get the vanilla wood impact sounds.I read that changing the unit stats land files mess up the sound triggers-I notice the wrong sayings on the campaign map with agents-does not bother me as I have the sound down low anyhow. The main thing is that the Factions are expanding and developing and upgrading and the game is no longer static. Plus the battle are fun to play. After I reinstalled Darth Mod I played a few battles it was just not happening just poor AI behavior-It has been nearly 2 years since i played vanilla Darth mod and forgot why I started on this crazy modding effort...now I remember...reinstalled my settings now things are good

adanjose -does it crash the game or is it the platoon fire? Will test.

I installed the new fixed file and still not working. The game does not crash, it's the platoon fire, elite troops doesn't use it and there is no icon for these kind of troops.