Thread: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

Default Re: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

So the hard economy does work with the saves? that was my original question, the vanilla construction costs threw me off when I tried.

Fantastic work with these configs, Bran. Can I make a request to combine a few files?

I am currently using your darthmod.rar in #19, "NEW: Regional Development/Volley Fire-Less Accuracy/More Ammo/Hard Economy/More Accurate Naval Gunfire."

I would love to try the configuration listed in #26, with true volley fire, but I don't want to lose all the other goodies in #19. Can you replace the volley fire in #19 with the mass fire of #26 keeping everything else intact? Thank you so much this mod has totally revitalized Empire for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    NEW: TIGHT FORMATIONS/VOLLEY FIRE/50% LESS ACCURACY/OTTOMAN TURN BUG FIX by request

SEE POST #31 ON PAGE 2 OF THIS THREAD

A warm greeting and recognition for you, since I am a fan and follower of your adjustments, without the elements that would be impossible to play in Empire Total War ...
    I would like to suggest the combination of several settings that I think could be the last time for me, the following types of game:
    Post settings 7 (advanced version of the plate fire.Elite units use advanced platoon fire.All line units use range fire.Speakers use voice fire) + post 23 + hermetic formations - less accuracy 50% less precision-50%
    I think that with this combination you can get a unique challenge. Thank you in advance ...

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

NEW: ADVANCED PLATOON FIRE FOR ELITES/RANK FIRE/HARD ECONOMY/LESS ACCURACY/SUPER SLAUGHTER VERSION
    BY REQUEST- GOOD LUCK POST #32

NEW: ADVANCED PLATOON FIRE FOR ELITES/RANK FIRE/HARD ECONOMY/LESS ACCURACY/SUPER SLAUGHTER VERSION
    BY REQUEST- GOOD LUCK POST #32

Good morning, thank you for your quick and kind response. I must inform that the downloadable file of post No. 32 is not visible .... ThanksGood morning, thank you for your quick and kind response. I must inform that the downloadable file of post No. 32 is not visible .... Thanks

Patrician

LOOK NOW!

LOOK NOW!

Thanks champion, it's an excellent job. I would like all the features of post 32 but adding something else: big armies (the possibility of hiring more elite units) ... Thanks for your attention ...

what happens if I play 2tpy with Hard Economy, would there be problems in the economy??what happens if I play with 2tpy with

LOOK NOW!

I was testing the modification I requested from post 32, and it is really fun and absorbing .... However, I noticed some CTD problems when facing fleets (Mongolia and Spain), and I do not know if this could be solved ....
    I also believe that expanding the recruitment of historical and elite units would add color and make the battles more challenging ... I do not know if I should wait for these corrections before starting a new campaign or recommend that I try other factions to avoid the CTD. ... Thanks for your time and your dedication

Hello Bran. First of all thanks for your job here, it really makes the game a good experience. I recently tried the settings in post #31 with AUM, but it seem the edit does not affect the AUM units so they just stomp over the DME ones in battle (or so it seems). Is there any way to fix this, or I just delete AUM ?

PD: I was thinking in trying CB but i'm afraid of this same problem.

Patrician

Will edit the AUM units better to be in line with main mod. will take a few days. CB is balanced with the main mod.

Patrician

UPDATED AUM DME MOD PACK TO BE IN BALANCE WITH BRAN SETTINGS-VOLLEY FIRE. SEE FRONT PAGE OF THIS POST FOR LINK. OR HERE IS THE LINK HERE:http://www.mediafire.com/file/r867su...E_AUM.rar/file

That was quick. Will this work with the settings of tight formations, less accuracy and the ottoman turn bug fix? Or just the main settings in post #1 ? (Sorry, kind of a noob in modding TW).
    Anyway, thanks for the help.

The Protectorate fix alters the same files as CB.

Is the fix compatible or does it break CB?

Apologize for the double post but (25 post limit until editing is apparently wise) is the CB steps for installation still necessary with this mod?

For example, CB doesn't work properly unless you run the custom campaign in the launcher ETC?

Patrician

You can use any settings as long as it is volley fire. AUM
    is just a unit add on mod is has nothing to do with the campaign ai. Aum mod was changed to be in line with the rest of Bran unit stats. so go ahead and use it. Follow the instruction for CB on launching the game.

You can use any settings as long as it is volley fire. AUM
    is just a unit add on mod is has nothing to do with the campaign ai. Aum mod was changed to be in line with the rest of Bran unit stats. so go ahead and use it. Follow the instruction for CB on launching the game.
    Couple quick things--Running a skirmish I can see multiple factions with "blank" units who crash the game if they are chosen. Persia, Ottoman Empire etc. I installed Darthmod, CB (even updated the localization file) then installed this with the CB update.

Also, one of the things AUM talks about is "four generals" the generic EU, American ones which are still ingame after I remove the pack and remove it from the scripts entry. Not sure what's going on there, I tried removing AUM to get rid of the blank units but they persist.

Patrician

has nothing to do with my mod mate. must be a AUM thing.

has nothing to do with my mod mate. must be a AUM thing.
    It would seem AUM and CB are incompatible.

I never got an answer btw, do your fixes break CB functions? They overwrite the same files CB does. (Campaign files)

Quote Originally Posted by se7enex View Post
    It would seem AUM and CB are incompatible.

I never got an answer btw, do your fixes break CB functions? They overwrite the same files CB does. (Campaign files)
    On second thought, CB is a general pain in the butt, requires complicated installation and is an unnecessary headache.

Your mod and AUM it is! (Was able to confirm AUM and CB don't play nicely together)

Would it be possible to modify the artillery added by AUM to be 2x since so many people play Darth with 2x?

I suppose that would be a question fit for the AUM thread but seeing as it's already been modified to fit with your settings...