Page 100 of 122 FirstFirst ... 507590919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 2434

Thread: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

Default Re: Bran Mac Born's DME Mod settings

Hello to Bran and his mod community. I'm positively surprised that this thread is still much alive.

Aftern Cody712 advised me your mod I've decided to give it a try with post 15 version with fire by rank. I haven't played campaign yet. But I did play custom battle. I've put my line infantry unit against they millitia.

What I do like - thinks seemed to be very fluent. After some volleys they charged on me, with I consider also something rather positive.

What I don't like - why are those laser beams back there? They were deleted in vanilla Darthmod. They kills immersion. Not sure, because some of militians were not shooting, but do they use mass volley? If so this is strange, because due to they larger numbers and massive fire, they were quite devasteting to my line infantry with were using fire by rank. Do profesionals shouldn't be superior in fire-combat? Militia lost only because they have not used bayonets. This would be strange if more "advanced" firing drill would be inferior to common rable way of doing things.
    And reloading speeds were somewhat creazy, or it is just my imagination?

Oh, one general question - anyone can tall me how accuracy stat on unit sheet reflects actual accuracy in battle? Is it strictly percentage value, or there is some kind of formula?

Post #3 has BSM on with no bullet trails, I can help you with the other things

I believe there is an aum for Darth. Will the bran mod work properly with darth+ Sorry if this is answered elsewhere!

This mod was made for darthmod, and you can download brans version of AUM here on post 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody712 View Post
    This mod was made for darthmod, and you can download brans version of AUM here on post 1.
    No idea how i missed that on post 1! Thanks

One other question - is there a reason volley fire is given to everyone? Is this to help balance AI in some way?

Well each unit has volley fire so it is balanced for the Ai and the player

I mentioned darthmod, because I thought it was about him that you made his modifications. But I use your Advance Platoon Fire DME_darthmod.pack. I just wanted to share some things I've implemented. Excuse me.

I'd love to see an even more tight formations - fire by ranks (or as much as 3 lines volley fire) - Regional Development Version (AI emphasis on building their economy and construction and less on making big armies (I think you got the aggressiveness on point though) - 1 version with and another without New Morale and RETREAT & REGROUP because I think I like it but others might not

I've already made a miniseries (battles) with your submod for Napoleon total war and I'm thinking about recording a full Spanish campaign for EMPIRE

PS: love your mods

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeis93 View Post
    I'd love to see an even more tight formations - fire by ranks (or as much as 3 lines volley fire) - Regional Development Version (AI emphasis on building their economy and construction and less on making big armies (I think you got the aggressiveness on point though) - 1 version with and another without New Morale and RETREAT & REGROUP because I think I like it but others might not

I've already made a miniseries (battles) with your submod for Napoleon total war and I'm thinking about recording a full Spanish campaign for EMPIRE

PS: love your mods
    and harsh economy but not too harsh

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

SPECIAL REQUEST VERSION FOR Ikes93 KEIS
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    SPECIAL REQUEST VERSION FOR Ikes93 KEIS
    Thank You

Hi Bran; using one of the "volley fire" versions i've found a number of units (using your aum version) that don't show 'can skirmish' on their cards, even having used PFM to ensure it's switched on for them. In battle they fire from the front rank only, and this can't be altered even by giving them mass fire in the abilities junction. Some examples are: irish regiment, spanish walloon line infantry and the generic fusiliers (euro_fusiliers). The mod is excellent and i'm not trying to nitpick, but obviously these units become next-to-worthless since everyone else is firing full volleys at them.

Patrician

You say the AUM version I will have to look at that and fix it-Thanks.

Yeah I had to edit those myself in PFM. Also, the prussian fusiliers had rank fire enabled so I had to delete that in the abilities table. This is how I learned to use PFM, so I am glad to have learned from this

Quote Originally Posted by Cody712 View Post
    Yeah I had to edit those myself in PFM. Also, the prussian fusiliers had rank fire enabled so I had to delete that in the abilities table. This is how I learned to use PFM, so I am glad to have learned from this
    Any ideas on where i'm going wrong? I uncheck 'CA packs are read-only', open DME_AUM.pack in the empire data folder, and enable skirmish checkbox under 'unit_stats_land_tables'. Nothing changes, either on the card or in battle. As for the abilities table i can't see any effect ingame whatsoever; i disable light infantry behavior as a test but ingame the unit still has it. This is with pfm 4.1.2 btw. Sorry if i'm missing something simple.

Hmm, whenever something wasn't showing up in game there was another pack file overwriting it. For example, I had to edit projectile stats in BSM file instead of the unit stats. I see darthmod and AUM share some of the units, maybe try going in the darthmod pack and finding the ornamentum units or something. But the changes are showing up in game for me when I edit the DME_AUM pack. If you need help add me on steam , cody712

Bran thanks again for all your great work.
    Using the Volley Fire version with Darth Mod for ETW.
    I also tried using Napoleon Total War graphics for Empire Total Warhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...0#post13913400 but wasn't working. I did check files with DM launcher and the related pack came up so I deleted it. Still wondering though, is ther eany way to use this graphics pack with DM for ETW? Also any fix for the usual "granulated armies" (enemy builds a lot of little armies), although maybe this thing is not related to your submod, or maybe it's intended to be that way ?

Patrician

Gordon- Napoleon graphics works with Darthmod-there are several Let's play on You Tube that use it with Darthmod. Granulated armies? Use 40 unit save games so they form large armies. Just don't use the ultra unit sizes.

Patrician

deleted
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; April 27, 2017 at 03:42 PM.