Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fourth Age LP as Adunabar: Bullroaring/Bullroaring difficulty Episodes 11/12 21st June

Senator

Default Fourth Age LP as Adunabar: Bullroaring/Bullroaring difficulty Episodes 11/12 21st June

Hello Fourth Age forums. I recently rediscovered this fantastic mod and I decided to do a Lets Play for it. I decided to play as Adunabar because they are one of the more interesting factions to play in the game. Please comment and enjoy, and if you haven't subscribe to my youtube.

Default Re: Fourth Age LP as Adunabar: Bullroaring/Bullroaring difficulty

Nice to see people are still discovering the mod! Fun LP!

Nice to see Minas Tirith was a bit of a challenge even without a custom model. Btw, the wonder you were looking for is Argonath (and Amon Hen/Amon Lhaw), near Lathron. Also, I just changed 'mortally wounded' to 'grievously wounded' for DoM, I hope that's better.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

OK, let me try to post this again (silly forum!):

Great LP, Lortano! Not sure why that DA bannerman had taken up the rebel cause!
    Last edited by Aradan; April 15, 2013 at 07:21 AM.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Senator

Yeah, I wasn't quite sure where the wonder was, because I knew that Osgiliath was in the hands of the Reunited Kingdom scum, and I partially guessed that the Argonath was one.
    Also, changing the trait in DoM is probably going to help considerably, because the trait just sounds a bit silly, plus the fact that the wound has rendered him totally useless as a general.

Edit: The Minas Tirith Battle was my first ever offensive siege. As you can see, it went very well.

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

Nice thing to see on this amazing mod.The battle for Minas Tirith was a pitty to be lost, but you'll get back soon i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Lortano View Post
    Yeah, I wasn't quite sure where the wonder was, because I knew that Osgiliath was in the hands of the Reunited Kingdom scum, and I partially guessed that the Argonath was one.
    The in-game text answers most questions, if you don't mind spending the time to mouse-over stuff and read the descriptions.

Also, changing the trait in DoM is probably going to help considerably, because the trait just sounds a bit silly, plus the fact that the wound has rendered him totally useless as a general.
    Wounded characters heal if they stay inside settlements; faster if the settlements have healers.

Senator

Wow, that is quite a cool feature Aradan, I had no idea that that was even possible! I literally gave up on him after the fateful bridge battle, so the knowledge that he will rise again does help.

There's a chance then you don't know about the supply system either. Keep an eye on your generals' traits. They lose supplies when moving at full speed, when they are defeated, when besieged, etc. They replenish them when winning battles, when they stay in settlements (farms/fertile regions help), when they conquer settlements (exterminating is better than enslaving which is better than occupying), etc. Logistics, discipline, faction treasury etc, also play a role.

Good on you Loranto. I have often contemplated chronicling my campaigns, but am too lazy to do so. I also tend to micromanage the hell out of my games which would not make for good watching. I was laughing out loud at your siege of Minas Tirith. Great fun!

Seeing as you dont pay too much attention to micro-management, you might want to activate the auto-management options in your settlements.

Senator

No no, I like the control of choosing what my settlements build, for example at the moment I am gearing my Eastern Mordor settlements for economy, but you never know how the situation may change in the future. And yes, laugh at the siege, but Amandil will not be deterred by a mere setback!

Minas Ithil has by far the greater potential for increasing your income. Also, if you want access to Trolls any time soon, you will need to develop Durthang. Looking forward to your next video; very entertaining.

Senator

Much Muhahahahahahas in this episode, and for good reason.

Enjoy!

Default Re: Fourth Age LP as Adunabar: Bullroaring/Bullroaring difficulty Episode 4 17th April

Next time it might be a good idea to turn "skirmish" mode off for the general's BG. It's on by default, in order to prevent suicidal AI generals, but the player is better off without it. When you order the unit to move, if there are enemies in the 'skirmish range', it will try to both move and avoid the enemies, thus not going anywhere (especially if you're cornered right on the battlemaps border), and you'll get those amusing moments where you're frantically clicking trying to save your men.

The "ferryman" reference is slightly embarrassing... Will get rid of it.

Senator

Default Re: Fourth Age LP as Adunabar: Bullroaring/Bullroaring difficulty Episode 4 17th April

Remind me again what the Ferryman reference is? I simply can't watch myself on video, it's just strange for me.

Also, SKIRMISH MODE? That explains the frantic terror I felt when desperately keeping my general safe from the RK.

"The ferryman will be busy today", part of the general's pre-battle speech. It must have slipped through the cracks, I thought we had removed all roman-timeframe references.

I finally found time and decent connection speed to watch this. It was ... well different than usual and quite interesting. I had a few good laughs. I’ll try to follow this LP.

Quote Originally Posted by Wambat View Post
    I also tend to micromanage the hell out of my games which would not make for good watching.
    Oh, I would bore everyone to death when I would record my game. I tend to every few turns even watch on every character’s traits.

Senator

Default Re: Fourth Age LP as Adunabar: Bullroaring/Bullroaring difficulty Episode 5 22nd April

A few laughs is all I want! If you laughed so hard you were crying you wouldn't be able to see my awesome tactical brain at work!

Default Re: Fourth Age LP as Adunabar: Bullroaring/Bullroaring difficulty Episode 5 22nd April

Early game you can only recruit orcs in Barad-eden, Minas Ithil and Durthang. These are the places you can build orc-pits. Other cities can only recruit orcs after a very long build plan to complete the diversification building. This means, if you insist on not using Minas Ithil, you will be limited to a maximum of two orc units recruited each turn, with the exception of snagas and orc-bands, the two weakest, which you can build another 16 of each turn with the two cities you are chosing to utilize. You might not want to build so many early on as this will retard the growth of these two cities.

City planing is probably more important in this mod than in many of the other mods you have been playing. If you follow the building path, and concentrate on your orc-pit capable cities first, you can have a large number huge orc armies expanding your empire in short order. The orc-pit is most important early building and only needs the the first tier culture building to be completed. You can win the map by just spamming these low ranking orc hordes.

Senator

Never been a horde man, these guys will mainly be a flanking force helping my main armies.

Still, I may not have a choice soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast