Page 9 of 112 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459109 ... LastLast

Thread: The War Room

Default Re: The War Room

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-dude View Post
    Not sure if this is a bug. When subbing Lannie, I can sally from his port and attack Hoare's fleets separately, as his has put them too far away. Is this a legal move in your opinion?
    Since is not allowed to leave a port without defeating the blockade first, I would say is not allowed to do that. Because in order to do that you need first to leave the port and then attack, so the zone of battle wont include both ships. Or maybe I am not understanding something.

The Forgotten's Avatar Domesticus

Since blockades o not count as sieges in according to the engine I suppose it just acts like a regular battle. Weird, but that is how it is.

Anyways I think it will have to be allowed. Because otherwise ports could be eternally blockaded by two sailors since no matter how strong the fleet inside is, it wouldn't be able to sally forth because of the rule. The only way to break it would be to have a ship from outside come in and attack, which could be a problem for one port factions like Arryn, Tully, Stark's west coast, Tyrell in some cases.

Many thanks to the good folks down at the Graphics Workshop for the sig.

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo del Sur View Post
    Since is not allowed to leave a port without defeating the blockade first, I would say is not allowed to do that. Because in order to do that you need first to leave the port and then attack, so the zone of battle wont include both ships. Or maybe I am not understanding something.
    Moving the fleet is not necessary. You just right click on the ship. A battle begins, but only one enemy fleet participates.

Oh, so I didnt understand you well the first time. In that case, I guess it is completely legal!

...Just defeat both fleets

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Of course its legal, lol

If you put a Diplomat/Princess into an army that has a Movement Point Bonus (Drillmaster; Logistic expert, Driven, etc), does the Agent also recieves the Movement Point Boost?

I know there is a rule against placing men on ships so they don't get killed...is it ok if I put an army in a ship some distance from the sohre, to ambush the enemy when he comes near my castle on the shore?

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Yes that is a valid tactic.

It is not always allowed to hide armies in ports, but in most hotseats that is also allowed.

I hate the port rule unless it is being used as an obvious getoutofbattlefree card... ports are MEANT to be safe havens. Too many times I have lost men and ships to storms. Sod the port rule... :-p Unless enemy land forces are near

Quote Originally Posted by Merriman View Post
    I know there is a rule against placing men on ships so they don't get killed...is it ok if I put an army in a ship some distance from the sohre, to ambush the enemy when he comes near my castle on the shore?
    As Dux and Badger said, is completly legal what you say. The are only 2 problem with that:

-The risk of Storms that could sink your boat or kill some of your men.
    -Also it is not that advisable if the enemy has also an even fleet that could defeat you at sea. If that happens, best case scenario, your stack gets driven away and paralysed for one turn; worst case, the fleet sinks and they all die

Hope I helped!

See me vs Uri in FOTS :-D

How does loyalty work? I know that has to do with generals rebelling, but I have never seen this happen even with only 1 loyalty ring!

Does it affects also the probability/cost of bribing him (and his army)?

In a short answer. Yes.

If your faction leader has terrible authority (Viserys) then your low loyalty generals are liekly to rebel.

Sorry Uri for using you as an example again, but I know in one hotseat he lost a whole stack of men when the leader rebelled.

Chances rise also if you have more than 50k in your bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-dude View Post
    In a short answer. Yes.

If your faction leader has terrible authority (Viserys) then your low loyalty generals are liekly to rebel.

Sorry Uri for using you as an example again, but I know in one hotseat he lost a whole stack of men when the leader rebelled.

Chances rise also if you have more than 50k in your bank.
    Good! That also answers my questions regarding Authority :p

One last thing, what do you consider "low loyalty"? 4 Rings, 3, may be 2? Just to be sure... I am playing Joffrey in a HS and dont want to screw it, jaja!

Generals only rebell on the field, isnt it? Or can also happen inside a ship/fort/settlement?

Thank you for your answer!

Has anyone else noticed that there is always something like 20+ guests viewing this forum at all times now? I keep expecting a flood of people but they just silently watch. And wait.

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Has something to do with the frontpage announcement for the new hotseats, there were 54 guests watching the YBVI topic just recently.

Once v1.0 cone out there is just going to be an explosion in new hotseats. I think I might even open up a betting pool to see who can guess the correct amount of new threads made on the opening day. Winner gets rep from the others.

Congratz on the new gaming staff badge btw.

Arrow2daknee's Avatar Vicarius

What was with that guy talking with symbols that got banned?

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Once v1.0 cone out there is just going to be an explosion in new hotseats. I think I might even open up a betting pool to see who can guess the correct amount of new threads made on the opening day. Winner gets rep from the others.
    That sounds kinda like useless waste of the forum

What was with that guy talking with symbols that got banned?

Spammer