Page 7 of 112 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257107 ... LastLast

Thread: The War Room

Default Re: The War Room

Really noob question. I know that in AR battles a good general makes the difference, but in case of battles with reinforcements:

a) each general afects their own army?
    b) the first general/captain affects the whole battle?
    c) the best general affects the whole batte?

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

The safest way to fort anything is the way explained in my forting guide on the "How to Play in a HS FAQ" thread.

It is, as you said, fort your army off from the enemy so he is out of his reach. That way, that stack is in NO DANGER at all, and if your general has movement bonus it doesn't get wasted

Regarding question number dos, it is the general of each army effects his own army if the attacking army has no general or his general attacking has lower command then the other stacks
    If the attacking army has a general which has the most command he effects the entire allied forces and everyone gets the command bonus

I think. Not 100%
    Last edited by Uriyaca; May 12, 2013 at 11:36 PM.

So it will be C... Good to know!

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Depends which side of the bridge IIRC. The ZOC during a sally is different from the ZOC during a relief attempt. ZOC during a sally centers aroudn the fort/settlement. During a relief, it centers around the relieving army.

When I leave a general into the woods with no movement points, does he still ambushes? Because I've seen that they dont "kneel and hide".

The Forgotten's Avatar Domesticus

No, they will not hide. Always make sure that the army you wish to hide at least kneels. Otherwise it won't work for whatever reason.

Many thanks to the good folks down at the Graphics Workshop for the sig.

Strange thing happened. When I returned to de TW screen, after posting here, they were kneeling... I'll run some tests about it!

jemdkyl's Avatar Senator

I think they will hide, save your game and load it back, and they will be kneeling then.

It's quite erratic.

However, don't always assume that just becauset hey are hidden, the enemy cannot see them.

In YB1, I delayed my advance to make maximum use of the forests with my 6 armies. The_Forgotten, however, had spammed about 6 watchtowers in the region, and could see them, despite being hidden.

As a new question... have rebels ever sallied during a hotseat game? I'm thinking particularly of the rebels on Dragonstone.

I want to attack with two or three stacks to try and take it. If they arer now powerful enough, will the rebels sally and destroy my armies as they would in a fought-battle campaign if the sally-ratio is high enough?

IDK. I think they will. But I've never tried. It'd be rather easy to make a 1 person hotseat and test it out

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

AI sallies out if they have a decent chance of winning.

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Yes, in my experience they always sally out and defeat you when they can.

I've seen the Dragonstone rebels defeat a full stack besieging in a HS. Dont risk it!

Questions regarding AR engine:

a) I know that Chiv/Dread makes big difference when playing battles. Does it works the same when Auto-Resolving?
    b) Does the engine takes into account command stars when they are over 10 or that is a hard limit?

Thank you!

The Forgotten's Avatar Domesticus

This fits perfectly when I think of all my hotseat games. For any discouraged new players out there, keep at it!

Many thanks to the good folks down at the Graphics Workshop for the sig.

To all the wise players: How does the building damage affect?

I mean, is a damaged wall or drill square less effective than an intact one?

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

A damaged drillsquare doesn't let you recruit the units from it, and by although if you have a damaged wall you cannot assault that settlement, but you lose your walls bonus (like if a Citadel's walls are damaged it's no different then attacking a wooden castle) and public happiness bonus you get from the walls and the units you get from em

Not 100% sure about this tho

For the recreuiting thing. May be you can not recruit full capacity, because I can train/retrain soldiers there.

On the wall bonus stuff it makes sense! However, I cant notice any change in happines when repair is put on queue.

Another TW mistery it seems! Jaja!

Damage doesn't do anything until a certain threshold... I think it is 20%?