Page 6 of 112 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156106 ... LastLast

Thread: The War Room

Default Re: The War Room

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo del Sur View Post
    If you have more than one General in your army, is it possible to choose which one is in charge of it? I mean, sometimes you dont want the 5tar general and you prefer +MP a lousy general can give you.
    Not that I have found, but one solution is to have the 5-star general travel alongside the main army (since generals are cavalry, they will probably have about the same MP as the infantry in the army led by the +MP general)

Quote Originally Posted by complete noob:( View Post
    Not that I have found, but one solution is to have the 5-star general travel alongside the main army (since generals are cavalry, they will probably have about the same MP as the infantry in the army led by the +MP general)
    Yep, I was thinking about that, but when in enemy territory that can be dangerous :S

Same topic, different question:

When you click on an enemy you see the movement area of that unit/stack. Is that area the movepoints left from last turn or the default/total amount of MP for the unit/stack?

Does this answer depend on which faction cames first in the order of play?

The last line is the answer to your question. It is the movement points that an army can use in a specific turn. So If I am Faction B, and Faction A uses half his movement points, then the yellow area I see around Faction A's army is half his movement points. If I see Faction C's yellow area, it is it's full movement points it can use this turn

Thank youuuu! Good to know! So as Lannisters you can trick anyone, and being last wont let you trick noone!

Agents merged into armies also affect their MP, doesnt they? Well, mostly they have lots more MP than armies, so anyway...

If i defeat an army and it retreats to a fort which has the minimum 4 troops in it. And I put that fort to siege can the army sally out against me?

The Forgotten's Avatar Domesticus

An army that is defeated and retreats into a fort cannot sally out. Although if the army was in there in the first place it can, which I don't think is the case.

Many thanks to the good folks down at the Graphics Workshop for the sig.

Well there are 4 units in the fort. To keep it there.

I defeat a Stack which retreats into the fort.

I then have an army besiege the fort. I assume that the 4 troops who were already there can sally but can the rest of the army also come out? Or should I besiege one of the other forts that way only the 4 units that were originally from the fort may participate in the assault with another fort 4 defending.

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

It's hotly debated.

If you are player B, aka after player A, then the game engine will not let yo usally out, even if only one unit was defeated and there's an (almost) full stack in the fort.

Allowing SOME Players to sally is thus a huge unfair advantage to the B player.

Well I am Lannister and have just completely destroyed most of the Greyjoy army that wanted to take lannisport. He had a nice fort wall but i had Devan the Warden of the West. I want to kill as many of the generals who are in 3 forts(with 4 men each) as possible to make him feel the rains of Castamere.

Nice way of denying forted troop to reinforce or defend other possitions.

Following that same argument, if an army retreats into a minimm garrisoned fort. According to what you said, only the 4 original units are allowed to move. With that in mind, am I allowed to besiege the fort with only 4 unit (since that is the force that would only be allowed to sally) in order to prevent those 4 units to move out even though they were not defeated the previous turn?

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Indeed

Generals cannot be disbanded, so he cannot sally out anyway if he has a general in the fort- if he does you can just besiege it with 1 unit

That is a very good trcik which I intend to use ^^

Quote Originally Posted by uriyaca View Post
    Indeed

Generals cannot be disbanded, so he cannot sally out anyway if he has a general in the fort- if he does you can just besiege it with 1 unit

That is a very good trcik which I intend to use ^^
    But because of this rule: "Spam siege bug: Besieging a fort or a settlement with a force far superior in it, in order to either prevent that army from reinforcing or in order to cut down a settlements income is not allowed.", woudlnt you need at least a 4 unit army to besiege?

I mean since the whole stack but 4 original units cant move, you should lay siegie with at least the amount (or 3/4 not sure) of units that can.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

The spam siege rule is in order to prevent from seiging in order to stop that army from reinforcing in a battle

But yeah, it really doesn't matter. You can besiege with 4 if you like

Just checking. I'm new and havent seen much situations like that.

Right now I'm concentrating in learning new "attack tricks". I feel confident on how to defend (even though I'm still a noob), but I think I dont have much variations in how to attack or trick an enemy!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo del Sur View Post
    Just checking. I'm new and havent seen much situations like that.

Right now I'm concentrating in learning new "attack tricks". I feel confident on how to defend (even though I'm still a noob), but I think I dont have much variations in how to attack or trick an enemy!
    That, my friend, can only be gained by experience ^^

I know there are a lot of modders around here, so proably this will be a stupid question, but what trait sistem does the kingdoms expansion in which westeros mods run have?

Is there any list of them and how to get them?

Thank you!

The Forgotten's Avatar Domesticus

Here is a link to a pdf which should tell you everything you need to know about the vanilla traits except for how to get them. For Westeros specific ones I am of no help too.

http://www.gameadvice.com/pdf/Mediev...attleMoose.pdf

Many thanks to the good folks down at the Graphics Workshop for the sig.

When blockading a bridge pass with a fort. If your back is covered, could you say that the best/lest risky way to do it is just put the 4 worst units inside the fort and the rest of the army on the back of the fort in order to be able to reinforce in case of a siege?

The way I see it is that when you built a fort in a bridge pass you can only be attacked by one stack maximum, isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor of Hell View Post
    Pass: yes, one stack
    Bridge: No, 3 stacks.
    Bridge 3? How? The only place you can attack the fort is from the bridge itself.