Page 10 of 112 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560110 ... LastLast

Thread: The War Room

Default Re: The War Room

Quote Originally Posted by The Forgotten View Post
    Once v1.0 cone out there is just going to be an explosion in new hotseats. I think I might even open up a betting pool to see who can guess the correct amount of new threads made on the opening day. Winner gets rep from the others.

Congratz on the new gaming staff badge btw.
    I am waiting for that to happen!

Is there any estimation about releasing?

The Forgotten's Avatar Domesticus

Making a useless waste of things is what american teenagers do best!

Many thanks to the good folks down at the Graphics Workshop for the sig.

Arrow2daknee's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by The Forgotten View Post
    Making a useless waste of things is what american teenagers do best!
    Maybe he was a Alien trying to communicate with us?

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

What age to characters have to reach before being classed as 'old' in KORAH?

I know it is somewhere in the scripting as I saw the line of code when making Fire and Blood but I cannot remember.

Edit: Ah, found it. However, do characters die before this age of old age/natural causes? How does it work?

Code:
          <max_age_for_marriage_for_male uint="75"/>
          <max_age_for_marriage_for_female uint="40"/>
          <max_age_before_death uint="105"/>
          <max_age_of_child uint="2"/>
          <old_age uint="75"/>
          <age_of_manhood uint="14"/>

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

I had to change that to make sure Walder Frey does not die the first turn at TWOW Also it is a good way to bring noble ladies into the game.. For example Lady Dustin as a Bolton envoy
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

So thats why they never die, here i thought i did good winning an Korah hotseat whith Quellon and Qhored still kicking
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

Just a little bump. With all of the new Gaming Staff wvents things get a little off topic.

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

We need to sticky this thread
    We always forget about it

Naval question:

Admirals do get Command stars. They can be seen on the map or their card showing the traits. However, when they go to battle, they appear like simple captains with none command stars. Seeing that in the AR preview screen they do not show, do they have any weight on the calculation of results?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo del Sur View Post
    Naval question:

Admirals do get Command stars. They can be seen on the map or their card showing the traits. However, when they go to battle, they appear like simple captains with none command stars. Seeing that in the AR preview screen they do not show, do they have any weight on the calculation of results?
    I think it does. (refference from LS) Because from my experience, I had a decent fleet with 3 command stars who fought Dux's stronger navy and won. Without it being a heroic victory
    But, I never annalised the game files so I can't tell for sure . Tho the game makers would have to be pretty stupid to leave that out of the AR equation

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Admiral stars can have a huge effect.

Ya, but what is up with them not appearing on the odds screen?

That is my exact same doubt!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Them not being on the odds screen is just a bug. And since the Creative Assembly are too lazy to bug-test we got all those wonderful bugs like the naval fort bug and such

How is the Heir chosen? Is it by command, age, authority (is there any hidden authority besides the one shown on traits and do the ancilliaries that give authority count?) or is there something else?

Because I kind of hate Tommen, I may send him to hunt pings in the Kingswood like his "father" did! But I dont want to have another lousy heir after him!

Also, can heirs be stolen by princesess or bribes?

gangstamaori's Avatar Miles

Heirs cannot be bribed or stolen. I know for westeros mods the heir is always the same due to how the game has it set up, but I don't know exactly what decides it.

"The disgraced and the disinherited. This is my army. This is our best hope."

Most follow the Primogeniture rule of succession. The Tectonic Order in the Kingdoms DLC is elective and goes by whomever has the highest authority I think. But since no faction in any Westeros mod follows that it doesn't really matter.

Now in FAB or YB's, if all the males in the family tree die out then that faction becomes rebel and the faction loses. But in KoRaH, I am pretty sure EVERY general belongs to the family tree but are just hidden. That is why they all have "of house ****" or "has ***** blood". So when the Starks die out it goes to the next family member, who is usually of the next strongest house. If I am correct then this would be the Umbers (Boltons/Greystarks, Hoare/Greyjoy, Gardener/????, Yronwood/Dayne or Helholt). This pretty much makes it impossible for a faction to go rebel because there are so many generals to a faction. I once played a stark game and accidentally ended up having the Glover's crowned King.

At least that is how I think it goes. I am not 100% and you will probably need a modder to verify it. But to answer your question, in YB or FAB, just look at the family tree. In KoRaH, just forget about trying to rig it. Just send the generals to die until it works.

So, the oldest son of the current king gets to be the heir then. Does it matters if they are addopted?

I made Joff addopt 2 guys that appeared, they ended up as his "sons", one is 17 and the otherone 18. So I guess this second gets to be the heir.

And one thing I dont get about age... how much turns does an year have? I've seen mycella being 12 for ages!

Well for one, once a person is an heir, they will not stop being heir until they are King or dead. Also once the heir passes a branch, it will bot go back until it reaches the end I am fairly sure. i have no clue about the TPY.

So as of YB now, neither Tyrio or his children will inherit until Kevan and all his male kids that are of age are dead. You run the risk of loaing thpugh by killing off so much of the family.

I think adopted kids and man of the hour generals get placed in the line like everyone else. If Bob Jones is adopted and the Robb Stark has a kid next turn. Bob would inherit.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I've always hated adopting people as they take enter the family tree. I think it just would've been much better if you were given the option to add that person as a general instead of a family member
    It is just stupid as if you don't do that then you just start out with generals who end up dying off and from then on all characters are family members

CA are stupid

I always liked it in RTW that I could select my heir, it was awesome, I always picked the worthy ones