Thread: is it just me or are the uprisings a tad bit OP?

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default is it just me or are the uprisings a tad bit OP?

Took over France region as Germany, implemented the 1st level of government after occupying it, and was unable to get the populace under control before I had a rebellion on my hands. However to my shock they emerged with two stacks of highly trained infantry, cavalry and even two guns each of artillery. They not only took back Paris but wiped out my two top armies in the process who had before now scattered the french away like flys. I understand that the point of the stacks is to make it hard to take ground and keep it, and for the player to pay more attention to governance, but I feel that the army that emerged was a tad bit overpowered and perhaps should be toned down in future releases.

VSC24's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: is it just me or are the uprisings a tad bit OP?

lol we are aware of it. every rebellion I have is accompanied by 8 shock battalions and 4 machine guns. lil op sure. but it is being worked on afaik.

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by VSC24 View Post
    lol we are aware of it. every rebellion I have is accompanied by 8 shock battalions and 4 machine guns. lil op sure. but it is being worked on afaik.
    alright cool. Thanks

If I recall correctly, rebellions are based off the units currently in the region. So if you didn't have any units, they tend to be just militia.

That's in vanilla anyways. Haven't tried in TGW.

what i done was to make a copy of db_Rebels.pack
    and adjust / remove shock/heavy art so only militia /low grade troops some snipers and light cav would appear
    good at stopping raiding party,s for a couple of turns