Thread: AI problems

Angmar_nite's Avatar Domesticus
    Spearheading the 57000 dollar average salary invasion!!!!!!! CHINA WILL DOMINATE YOU ALL!!!!

Default AI problems

You guys said you use skirmishers for the soldiers. But why not use roman infantry or thracians. They have fire at will on and they will charge you.

Also since it will be mostly hgistorical battles how many will there be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapax
    I guess in modern russia, tank builds you.

Lord Zimoa's Avatar Slitherine Games
    Citizen

Default Re: AI problems

It does not work, if we use those, the units just rush in at everything and hardly use their muskets, the AI just not can handle it Napoleonic units satisfactory.
    Main reason why this mod is mainly focused around MP, we will add for this first release one scripted historical campaign, several linked battles centered around the battle of Borodino. But if you really want to fully enjoy NTW2, there is just one way, get online and play MP, the scripting in SP helps but in my opinion playing large MP battles between several human opponents is where our work really shows at his best.

LZoF

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Isn't there a way to make ai act like ballistas for example? Ballistas keep firing and when they get charged they fight and don't run away like peltasts.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Well personally i do not mind the lack of good single player or a camapign map, as what you've guys have done anyway is amazing! Can't wait to play it online when it comes out or for the Waterloo pack(Brits ftw!!!!). Though i wouldn't be surprised if the Lordz members are the best NTW2 mp players.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Angmar_nite's Avatar Domesticus
    Spearheading the 57000 dollar average salary invasion!!!!!!! CHINA WILL DOMINATE YOU ALL!!!!

Oh right.

Diver, "another expidition sir?"

Captain, "yes, im afraid"

Diver, "To the impossibly messy cardboard box of doom! DO NOT STOP UNTIL CD KEY IS IN YOUR HANDS!!!111eleven!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapax
    I guess in modern russia, tank builds you.

I just cannot wait for the Waterloo battle pack because of the Dutch/Belgians that are in that pack.
    Are you also working on the Prussians by the way?

most of the British and DB (dutch/belgian) units are finish (still need their LOD versions tho, which is still a lot of work) but we haven't started on the prussians yet. Hoggy took care of the British while I did the DB units (being a belgian) but we had no modeller for the prussians so far. If all goes well, the british will be released in september and the DB in october.

Cant you just make all the Infentry like the Hasti. The Hasti run up and throw Javalans then when they are out the charge. Cant you make the Infentry the Hasti and give the Infentry more than 4 bullets. It is just an Idea. So good luck with the Mod, I've been waiting along time for the mod.

no that does not work, it'd mean units charge after firing one volley.

Have you already tried Archers? And Could you use the same files that you use in Medevil Total War to give it the Napoleonic attacktics.
    Last edited by Kickers; August 27, 2006 at 11:06 AM.

believe me guys, we tried every possibility and the mod is as good as a Nap era mod can be.

If you have BI copy the plumbatari unit?
    Whoever gives nothing, has nothing. The greatest misfortune is not to be unloved, but not to love.
    -Albert Camus

Geez, you would have thought that we would have thought of all those ideas in the past 2.5 years that we've been working on it eh.....

:hmmm:

Get'em, LS!

yeh just so everyone knows they should ignore anything i say im just a cranky old cad with no patience

:tooth: