Thread: Praise thread for RTR PE 1.6

Default Praise thread for RTR PE 1.6

I looked for a Praise threat for RTR PE 1.6 and couldn’t find any.

I love RTR PE 1.6 . It is a very good new mod I would say. RTR Gold plays and feels different. The map is the same as RTR Gold, but the game dynamic is different. I have won RTR Gold campaigns оn Very Hard, Very Hard with all civilised factions (including the Armenians and the Numidians). So far I played 3 RTR PE 1.6 games:

1. Rome on Medium, Medium with RTW + RTR PE 1.6. I was trying the mod and it was easy.
    2. Cartago on Very Hard, Very Hard with BI + RTR PE 1.6. After a handful of turns to manage the order, set the economy in motion and move the troops, I attacked the Numidians and Rebels in Africa and the Greeks in Sicily. In Spain I didn’t had the money and was on defence. The offensive in Africa was going great. The offence in Sicily as well and moved to Italy. Then I was hit by a train. I met the Romans… The first encounter was fine Hastatii, Principals and Triarii. Then OMG I met the Legions and the eagle bearing Legions. I guess in BI the Marian reforms kicked immediately. The Legions had twice the armour and 150% of the attack and defence then my best unit the Peony Infantry. The Carthaginian Sacred band is a bad value, it has the same parameters as the Peony Infantry, can’t form a phalanx and costs twice more . So the eagle bearing Legions ripped my army to shreds. I resorted to a human wave tactic, having a good economy I produced 7 Peony Infantry per turn and hired all the mercenaries from all my territory. To win I had to attack one non full Roman stack of 16 units with two!!! Full stacks of Peony Infantry. My losses were one of my stacks!!! Then I had to resort to trickery and started isolating Roman towns with forts so I can have two turns and capture them. Other wise as soon I lad a siege with my two stacks, I was attacked on the first turn by two non full Roman stacks, which destroyed me. Slow I captured town after town. The experience was fantastic. The only problem was that BI + RTR PE 1.6 has too many CTDs. After all RTR PE 1.6 is not done for BI and went back to RTW + RTR PE 1.6
    3. Greece on Very Hard, Very Hard with RTW + RTR PE 1.6. I knew that the pro Greek lobby in RTR is very strong, but I was still surprised by the seven temples the Greeks have. It looked to me as an unfair advantage. The game went smooth. On the first turn in Greece I attacked Corinth and in Italy the rebels on the way to Sicily. Then in Sicily I took all the rebel and Carthaginian towns just in time when the Roman show up at Tarentum. These were the pre Marian Romans, which are nice and easy to handle. Soon steady I took all Italy and the Balkans and entered the Asia Minor. Now I have 58 provinces with the Alexandria missing.

Once again it is a fantastic mod.
    Last edited by todorp; August 22, 2006 at 06:52 PM.

Default Re: Praise threat for RTR PE 1.6

Ok, thank you! I`m gonna move this in the new RTR Platinum sub-forum(note that we now have one) and leave a trace here(in the main rtr forum). This will be our officially Praise thread for RTR PE. If we`ll release a higher version I`ll change the title.

Well, I want to say "Praise be to Florin!" for all his effort on this project. Florin has been instrumental in helping the community with his tech support and is now our TWC forum moderator. So, thank YOU florin! :tacticalw

And, thanks to Marcus for (just about) single-handedly bringing RTRPE 1.6 into life (with the help of us mortal beta-testers and text-file-monkeys!) and for all his hard work on RTRPE 1.7, despite serious illness in his family and pressing real-life work concerns. So, thanks to MARCUS very much for his ambition, dedication, and love for this project.

Well, I want to say "Praise be to Florin!" for all his effort on this project. Florin has been instrumental in helping the community with his tech support and is now our TWC forum moderator. So, thank YOU florin! :tacticalw
    Florin does a superb job!!! he's alway there if needed!
    thank you Florin, keep it up!

And, thanks to Marcus for (just about) single-handedly bringing RTRPE 1.6 into life (with the help of us mortal beta-testers and text-file-monkeys!) and for all his hard work on RTRPE 1.7, despite serious illness in his family and pressing real-life work concerns. So, thanks to MARCUS very much for his ambition, dedication, and love for this project.
    all worship Marcus!!!
    thank you so much!

Black Francis's Avatar -IN-NOMINE-XPI-VINCAS-

Default Re: Praise thread for RTR PE 1.6

Ave to you all.

IN-HOC-SIGNO-VINCES

Thanks guys!
    And thank you Marcus for all your hard work! And thank you LestaT for starting this project! And thanks to all the people that form the rtr community! I initially came for the mod, but I stayed for the people. And the mod.

PS: Oh, and I also like RTR Platinum. Great mod!

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Well the important thing is a very heartfull thanks to the RTR develepoers in general and the RTR 6.0 Gold team in particular. To actually had the vision to create the mod was more difficult than to merely convert it.

Okay.. it was not so easy to convert though, but still.

Not to forget my fellow triumvirate Cheexsta and Ryman2489 when even most of the community are sceptical about this whole project in the beginning. :wink:

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Praise be to Marcus, florin80, Justinian, ryman, and everyone else I don't know.
    :tacticalw

These small cool smilies help me explain some of my feelings for this mod.

EDIT: Whoops forgot to include the RTR 6 team
    Whoever gives nothing, has nothing. The greatest misfortune is not to be unloved, but not to love.
    -Albert Camus

Ludotori te salutant!

Yup, well done and all that.

Thats for making my favorite game better.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Caelius
    Ludotori te salutant!
    What language is that?
    Whoever gives nothing, has nothing. The greatest misfortune is not to be unloved, but not to love.
    -Albert Camus

Latinum macheronicum

I see you speak it!