Thread: Faction Selection

zburanuki's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Faction Selection

Hello everyone, as the titles says I want suggest me which faction should I choose. I want to tell me what pros and cons has each faction and which one faces more historical events (crusades, mongol invasion etc). I don't have specific preference in armies composition, so every faction is selectable, except for the byzantines as i have played with them a lot.

Default Re: Faction Selection

It would be too long to detail, but about:

-Crusades: occurs if some crusader states's starting provinces (marked by a place on the building browser) are invaded, especially by ayyoubid who are their immediate neighbours.

-Mongols: Khwarezmians are the first nation to confront them, and the mongol wrath is focused on them, making their camapaign challenging.

In BC 2.3, no faction seems to be easier to handle since the "Great Seljuks", dominant in older releases, are gone and remplaced by more modest "Seljuks of Irak"

if you want some nice and hard game then take Abassid,first you will be worrying about Imamate of Oman,Seljuks of Iraq,Georgia waging war with you in early turns,then the Crusades which is a must that you help and call for Jihad because after all you are the Caliphate the protector of Islamic World (this is just some kind of historicalness) then there comes the Mongols which hopefully will destroy the Kwarezms and wage war with you also.

zburanuki's Avatar Ducenarius

i was considering the abbasids and it seems that i will choose them. i'm not sure if will fight with franks (armenia always expands eastward or the ayyubids) and the mongols (the ghurids destroy them everytime).

Stívarđr Reynitré's Avatar Domesticus

I love Armenia...but that's just an opinion rather than a logical assessment!

Seljuks of Iraq and Georgia is likely to become your enemy,while at the start of the campaign your are already at war with Oman......what i do is i make Alliance with Ayyubid and Seljuks of Rum,this will ensure that you will have allies that will help you if ever Armenia or Georgia attacks you,in my campaign the Seljuks of Rum expanded eastwards and was also waging war with Iraqi which is our common enemy,its always nice to have Alliance you know.